Page 71 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1130

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Domino #11 wasn't in the February solicits. So I guess the series ended in 10 issues. Too bad, because I think it was selling better than the last Captain Marvel series.
    Exiles was missing as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    She has shown interest in writing Medusa
    I wonder what kind of approach she'd have for Meduas and how she'd handle the Black Bolt relationship (especially since pretty much every other major Inhuman writer who has handled her in a solo capacity have defaulted to "Have her cheat on Black Bolt").
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    How about X 23? I love the character but not really feeling the current writer.
    I'd actually be curious to see how she'd write Laura.

Off-hand she'd probably write her like Taylor did, but it'd be interesting if she didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    She has shown interest in writing Medusa
    That would be awesome. I love Medusa and would love to see her written by Simone.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder what kind of approach she'd have for Meduas and how she'd handle the Black Bolt relationship (especially since pretty much every other major Inhuman writer who has handled her in a solo capacity have defaulted to "Have her cheat on Black Bolt").
    Medusa could really use a writer that has a clear vision for her. Continuity was completely ignored by Cates. Luckily it seems like her "relationship" with Gorgon was and will be ignored as well, which is nice.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 11-23-2018 at 07:57 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    That would be awesome. I love Medusa and would love to see her written by Simone.

Medusa could really use a writer that has a clear vision for her. Continuity was completely ignored by Cates. Luckily it seems like her "relationship" with Gorgon was and will be ignored as well, which is nice.
    Agreed, and I think it is fair writers to ignore or cherry pick Cates continuity since well DotI does the same damn thing. But what I would love to see is her and Titania teaming up.

Current cancellations up through till April:
    Exiles - concluding after 12 issues
    Domino - ran for 10 issues, but getting a extension through the Domino: Hotshots miniseries
    Weapon H - ran for 12 issues, and concluding through the miniseries Hulkverines
    Ms. Marvel - being relaunched as Magnificent Ms. Marvel by Saladin Ahmed

And here's some speculation about other series I've seen people either worried about or predicting might be concluded soon:
    Cloak & Dagger - originally just a mini-series, but received a second season, with future seasons still unknown
    Jessica Jones - currently just on two seasons, with the third still uncertain
    Spider-Man/Deadpool - rumoured to conclude with #50
    Runaways - about to enter the fourth arc so book is still safe
    West Coast Avengers - Thompson confirmed books still ongoing (currently written up to #13)
    Unstoppable Wasp - Whitley confirmed books still ongoing (currently written up to #10)

I doubt we'll see the following books go beyond #12:

Asgardians of the Galaxy
    Mr. & Mrs. X
    Unstoppable Wasp

Also doubt West Coast Avengers will last beyond #18.

Why are you so sure? Aren't you forgetting that TPBs are why Wasp was brought back? It was originally cancelled before they knew how well the trades would sell. Nadia's book is safe. Squirrel Girl and Moon Girl do just as badly in the direct market and they're in no danger either.

I do think you're right about Asgardians, but sales have nothing to do with it - after War of the Realms, will it even still have a purpose?

Mr and Mrs X will likely be done when the X line, with the exception of Uncanny X-Men and X-Force, relaunches after Age of X-Man.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-01-2019 at 06:06 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    I doubt we'll see the following books go beyond #12:

Asgardians of the Galaxy
    Mr. & Mrs. X
    Unstoppable Wasp

Also doubt West Coast Avengers will last beyond #18.
    to be honest I wouldn't exactly rue the thought of West Coast ending. This current run isn't up to scratch IMO I find it a chore to read. Should have restarted it with the 2 hawkeyes and a real line up of avengers. I have every issue of WCA vol1 and this misses the mark and does not feel anything like an avengers book. The better option would be to revamp the team and add in some lesser used avengers like before, living lightning, tigra, hawkeye (clint), hawkeye (kate), weapon H (would be a good addition), black knight and songbird. That would have a much better feel to it

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

See, I have to disagree. I find it to be one of the more fun and enjoyable books recently. I'd argue its the better of the two Avengers books.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    See, I have to disagree. I find it to be one of the more fun and enjoyable books recently. I'd argue its the better of the two Avengers books.
    I agree, I love it because it's not really a traditional Avengers book, just completely chaotic and so much fun, it's probably made me laugh the most out of any of the other series currently. Plus, Thompson's Hawkeye was my favourite series of the past 2 years, so this being a direct continuation was also a complete joy for me, only now with added Quentin & Gwenpool, which you can't not love.

I like an Avengers comedy book. I dropped it because it's not very funny to me, but I'll be happy if it continues to exist.

Also, Gwenpool! Yay!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    but call it something else cos it isn't an avengers book. The title avenger really doesn't have anything to do with reality tv show, and to be honest would the avengers really want to associate their name with reality TV especially after the stamford incident live on TV

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

The book barely has anything to do with reality TV. It's a minimalist part of the story. It has as much to do with reality TV as the Abnett and Lanning Guardians of the Galaxy.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Spectacular Member

it's the basis for their funding, hence a fundamental part of the whole concept

Quote Originally Posted by maklelin highbain View Post
    but call it something else cos it isn't an avengers book. The title avenger really doesn't have anything to do with reality tv show, and to be honest would the avengers really want to associate their name with reality TV especially after the stamford incident live on TV
    They addressed that in issue 4.
    WCA4.jpg

Captain America does not approve.