Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is Marvel's attitude toward the Complex an example of gaslighting?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting

It's one thing for the current status quo of the company to do what it supposedly in their best interest financially (at least from one perspective), but it's a whole other ballgame to pretend it isn't happening and play victim for being called out on it. It's also another to capitalize on it, because as they say, there no such thing as "bad publicity" or "angry fans drive sales" (Don't be surprised if a certain video posted today, was driven more to inspire fan emotions rather than being a "serious opinion").

Yup. I'd be interested to know what drives organisations to this. I realise financial gain is one thing but they can be no financial gain if you lose your support. Just like Hillary Clinton and the DNC gas lighting half the democratic base.

Nah, we doubt their sanity, not our own.

BANNED

Lol yes
    10char

Mighty Member

It's a textbook example of it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agronac919 View Post
    Nah, we doubt their sanity, not our own.
    Well, yes, but the point of gaslighting is to make us doubt our own sanity in the first place, except they're so damned blatant about it that it reverses on itself and makes us more convinced that they're the ones who aren't necessarily in touch with objective reality.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Well, yes, but the point of gaslighting is to make us doubt our own sanity in the first place, except they're so damned blatant about it that it reverses on itself and makes us more convinced that they're the ones who aren't necessarily in touch with objective reality.
    Sad but true.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

The definition of.

Sad thing is they're not even competent gaslighters. I think we'd all have a lot more respect for them if they just flat out admitted they're attempting to focus on their properties that they have the movie licences too.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    The definition of.

Sad thing is they're not even competent gaslighters. I think we'd all have a lot more respect for them if they just flat out admitted they're attempting to focus on their properties that they have the movie licences too.
    And the worst is that there is some people that believes them.

BANNED

There are Marvel Drones who think all the evidence of the Complex is forged by Rich Johnston to get clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    The definition of.
    Tom Brevoort has bluntly said that Marvel focuses on the properties it gets the most money from, i.e. the non-X-Men and non-FF properties.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

We're not stupid... I think the insane one was one that thought slapstick or mosaic would sell

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    There are Marvel Drones who think all the evidence of the Complex is forged by Rich Johnston to get clicks.
    The Complex thread here is regularly visited by people who constantly claim that anyone who thinks the Complex has any weight to it has been consumed by paranoid delusions.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The Complex thread here is regularly visited by people who constantly claim that anyone who thinks the Complex has any weight to it has been consumed by paranoid delusions.
    Well who's laughing now?!

...No one that's who.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Extraordinary Member

I think all business marketing and PR people take at least Introduction to Gaslighting 101, but Marvel has a few people with PhDs.