Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spider-Books March 2017 Solicitations

THE CLONE CONSPIRACY: OMEGA
    DAN SLOTT & CHRISTOS GAGE, PETER DAVID (W)
    CORY SMITH, MARK BAGLEY, STUART IMMONEN (A)
    Cover by JAMES HARREN
    Variant Cover by ADI GRANOV
    THE CLONE CONSPIRACY is finished, but the impacts on Spider-Man’s life is HUGE.
    The Rhino comes at Spider-Man with an intense fury and aims to pin the spider to the wall… Permanently. What was the final fate of Ben Reilly? Or the Lizard?
    Witness the first chapter of the next big Spider-Book by Peter David & Mark Bagley!
    40 PGS./ONE-SHOT/Rated T+ …$4.99
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #25
    DAN SLOTT, CLASSIFIED, HANNAH BLUMENREICH, CALE ATKINSON (w) • STUART IMMONEN, CLASSIFIED, HANNAH BLUMENREICH, CALE ATKINSON (a)
    COVER BY ALEX ROSS
    VARIANT COVER BY STUART IMMONEN
    VENOMIZED VARIANT COVER BY DAVE JOHNSON
    ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    REMASTERED VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    HUGE BLOWOUT ISSUE!
    STUART IMMONEN (STAR WARS, AVENGERS) takes the artist reins of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN and joins Dan Slott for a 40-page main story!
    Then don’t miss a super-secret short story by Dan and Giuseppe Camuncoli!
    TOP-SECRET BONUS CREATIVE TEAM!!!
    Hannah Blumenreich makes hers Marvel, making her Spider-Debut!
    Cale Atkinson brings another story of the A-May-ZING SPIDER-AUNT!
    88 PGS./Rated T …$9.99

http://cbr1.imgix.net/wp-content/upl...=1311&fit=crop
    VENOM #5
    MIKE COSTA (w) • GERARDO SANDOVAL (a/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY CLAYTON CRAIN
    IN THIS CORNER: The scariest symbiotic sociopath this side of the Savage Land! You know him, you love him… The one, the only VENOM!
    IN THE OTHER CORNER: The wall-crawling, web-slinging wonder called THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN!
    Step right up and place your bets — the bout of the century is about to begin!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

http://cbr0.imgix.net/wp-content/upl...=1312&fit=crop
    PROWLER #6
    SEAN RYAN (w) • JAMAL CAMPBELL & JAVIER SALTARES (a)
    Cover by TRAVEL FOREMAN
    In the aftermath of THE CLONE CONSPIRACY, Hobie Brown tries to return to normal life. But as miraculous as it may be, resurrection can sometimes bring ruin, and Hobie’s friendship with the Amazing Spider-Man is far from safe.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

SPIDER-MAN 2099 #21
    PETER DAVID (w) • WILL SLINEY (a)
    Cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
    As Miguel searches for a lead on the men who kidnapped Tempest, Captain America grills a defector of THE FIST about the impending disaster that spells doom for 2099. But the radical group has a zero tolerance policy when it comes to traitors — And Electro of the year 2099 is here to make sure that all dues are paid in full…
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

http://cbr2.imgix.net/wp-content/upl...=1310&fit=crop
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #5
    GERRY CONWAY (w) • Nathan Stockman (a)
    COVER BY RYAN STEGMAN
    VENOMIZED VARIANT COVER BY HUMBERTO RAMOS
    It’s family fun night at the Parker household! After their first outing as a Spider-Family, Peter and MJ want to have a nice relaxing night with Annie. So of course the Parker Luck dictates that Sandman has to crash the party!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

http://cbr0.imgix.net/wp-content/upl...=1311&fit=crop
    SILK #18
    ROBBIE THOMPSON (w) • TANA FORD (a)
    Cover by HELEN CHEN
    In the wake of THE CLONE CONSPIRACY, Cindy Moon is left heartbroken. To make matters worse, her family is hiding a dangerous secret, and Silk may not be able to save all of them…
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

http://cbr0.imgix.net/wp-content/upl...=1311&fit=crop
    SPIDER-WOMAN #17
    DENNIS HOPELESS (w) • VERONICA FISH (a)
    Cover by JAVIER RODRIGUEZ
    Spider-Woman’s tangled with Tiger Shark, Blizzard and a whole host of super villains in her time, but nothing has prepared her to take on a Goblin. Jessica’s about to put it all on the line like she never has before.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

SPIDER-GWEN #18
    JASON LATOUR (w) • ROBBI RODRIGUEZ (a/C)
    VENOMIZED VARIANT COVER BY SOPHIE CAMPBELL
    “SITTING IN A TREE” PART 6!
    • THE CONCLUSION TO THE GWEN/MILES CROSSOVER!
    The final battle with the mysterious villain who plagues multiple dimensions! What will our heroes do with their newfound feelings for each other?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

http://cbr0.imgix.net/wp-content/upl...=1335&fit=crop
    SPIDER-MAN #14
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (w) • SARA PICHELLI (a/C)
    “SITTING IN A TREE” PART 5!
    Someone’s stolen a Web-Warriors interdimensional teleporter, and only Miles Morales and Gwen Stacy can get it back! They just need to find whoever took it, first.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

http://cbr3.imgix.net/wp-content/upl...=1311&fit=crop
    SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING PRELUDE #1
    WILL CORONA PILGRIM (w) • TODD NAUCK (a)
    YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN SWINGS INTO THE MCU!
    PETER PARKER is just your average, nerdy, tech-loving teenager…until an unexpected turn of events lands him with the power to cling to walls and the proportionate strength of a spider!
    SPIDER-MAN’s foray into the Marvel Cinematic Universe begins here, with part one of an adaptation of the blockbuster Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War, which sees a rift between CAPTAIN AMERICA and IRON MAN rend a schism between the Avengers…with Spider-Man in the middle of it all!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

http://cbr2.imgix.net/wp-content/upl...=1311&fit=crop
    SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL #15
    JOSHUA CORIN (W) • SCOTT KOBLISH (A)
    Cover by REILLY BROWN
    POSTER VARIANT BY ROD REIS
    VENOMIZED VARIANT COVER BY DAVE WILLIAMS
    ’TIL DEATH DO US… Part 2 (of 6)
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN VOL. 1 HC
    Written by ARCHIE GOODWIN, BILL MANTLO & GERRY CONWAY with JIM SHOOTER & CHRIS CLAREMONT
    Penciled by SAL BUSCEMA with JIM MOONEY
    Cover by SAL BUSCEMA
    Spider-Man’s not just amazing, he’s spectacular — and Marvel is proud to usher in SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN as the Marvel Masterworks’ 250th volume! In 1976, Spidey notched his second solo series under the direction of Gerry Conway and Sal Buscema. With his first live-action TV series on the horizon, the world wanted to know just who this Peter Parker guy was. SPECTACULAR not only expanded opportunities for the web-slinging wonder, it also provided a platform to expand upon and explore the world of his incomparable supporting cast: J. Jonah Jameson, Mary Jane Watson, Flash Thompson and more! Of course, there was no shortage of villains — including the Vulture and Morbius — or iconic guest stars, ranging from the White Tiger to the Inhumans! Collecting SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) #1-15.
    280 PGS./Rated T …$75.00

http://cbr1.imgix.net/wp-content/upl...=1240&fit=crop
    Last edited by UltimateTy; 12-20-2016 at 04:44 PM.
    We need better comics

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Curious about the Spectacular Spider-Man, also, I guess the next clone story means some clones survived.

ASM is only going to lose more readers with that $9.99 price

Is the classified part PAD and Bagley?
    We need better comics

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post

I don't get that part. Only it is a double issue, but still...
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 12-20-2016 at 06:02 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

It's 88 pages, so I figure it's gotta be worth the price. At least, I hope it is, for the people who are going to buy it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

$9.99 for a single issue? Seriously? Even ASM 700 didn't cost that much.

Thoughts:

- Obviously Rhino isn't happy to have lost his clone wife. Is he finally going to explain what happened to Silver Sable to Spidey here?

- Venom vs. Spider-Man! Now if only I could muster some real enthusiasm .

- Poor Prowler is not long for this world...

- From the sounds of the Silk solicit, either something happens to Hector or Cindy is heartbroken over Jonah's loss. I guess it's nice that the cover shows her doing traditional Superhero stuff at least.

- Yeah, you're never ready to fight a Goblin (especially if you don't have that much experience with Spider-Man's actual Rogues Gallery). Except Macendale. Anybody could take Macendale .

- I'm curious to see who the main villain of the Miles/Gwen crossover is. And if the two have developed a significant enough bond that parting at the end will really hurt.

Fantastic Member

ASM #25 is a ridiculous price, and I, along with many people in here, will likely still pay it. Marvel knows it, too. I really don't want the second name to be PAD. As much as I respect PAD, I don't want him on this particular title. J.M. DeMatteis and Mark Bagley are a lethal combination. If they get them, that will make second and third printings. I don't understand why they haven't called him up. DeMatteis keeps saying that he'd gladly come back.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - I'm curious to see who the main villain of the Miles/Gwen crossover is.
    I have a theory

spoilers:
    With the villain being Earth-65 Miles. It may be a retread of the Spider-Women crossover, but I feel like it would be fitting considering where the Civil War tie-in's went for Miles. His biggest fear is snapping and becoming a Super Villain so it'd be fitting that his Earth-65 counterpart ended up being that reflection that followed in the steps of his Uncle. He could even be The Prowler of Gwen's Earth.
    end of spoilers
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Lol, you can count me out for that 10 dollar ASM issue. Will be checking out that new clone series when it starts though. I think the only book I'm getting this month will be Renew Your Vows, I'm happy Nate Stockman is filling in on that issue. He did really good on Spidey, his art's a good fit for the character because it's got a lot of heart that comes through. He also did a great drawing a few months ago of the Spider-fam that made me want to see him on that book at some point, so I guess somebody else felt the same way!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DV1Band View Post
    ASM #25 is a ridiculous price, and I, along with many people in here, will likely still pay it. Marvel knows it, too. I really don't want the second name to be PAD. As much as I respect PAD, I don't want him on this particular title. J.M. DeMatteis and Mark Bagley are a lethal combination. If they get them, that will make second and third printings. I don't understand why they haven't called him up. DeMatteis keeps saying that he'd gladly come back.
    If it's a Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly and/or Kaine) story, DeMatteis would be the perfect logical choice, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I have a theory

spoilers:
    With the villain being Earth-65 Miles. It may be a retread of the Spider-Women crossover, but I feel like it would be fitting considering where the Civil War tie-in's went for Miles. His biggest fear is snapping and becoming a Super Villain so it'd be fitting that his Earth-65 counterpart ended up being that reflection that followed in the steps of his Uncle. He could even be The Prowler of Gwen's Earth.
    end of spoilers
    That would be poignantly brilliant.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I have a theory

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Ooh! That would be pretty cool .

It would even fit with the fact that most of the 616 Spiders have been villains on Earth-65.

Peter Parker was The Lizard.

Cindy Moon was a terrorist.

Jesse Drew worked for her.

So Miles being the Earth-65 Prowler isn't that much of a stretch. And Gwen inverts this since Earth 616 Gwen was never a Spider.
    end of spoilers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Venom vs. Spider-Man! Now if only I could muster some real enthusiasm .
    If only it were a Venom who really mattered, and you know had an actual history with Spidey.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

With a 40 page story by Immonen, a PAD and Bagley Scarlet Spider (I assume) short, a short by Slott and Camuncoli & more, I don't think the price tag is going to deter that many readers. I know I'm stoked to get my hands on this one.

only really interested in Renew Your Vows and Spider-man(Miles), although I guess by extension a little bit of Spidergwen I suppose. Have to say that with only two issues in RYV's has been an amazing addition to the spider-man titles and is probably my favorite of the Marvel now 2.0 books, I really like the family dynamic and the different POVs and can't wait for more.

As for Miles and Gwen, I can't really say if I'll enjoy it or not. I mean Bendis is the guy who got me rooting for Starlord and Kitty Pryde and Luke Cage and Jessica Jones, so who's honestly to say if I'll like the romance at all. Although I do look forward to some fun dimension hoping stories after the interlude that was CWII.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.