Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Are poltergeists real?

After looking at these vids:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5_RpNgxptQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7nFf-ld7Fk&t=280s

What are your reactions? Do you think this is real? What would you do if you were in the above situations?

No, they are hoaxes, usually perpetrated by adolescent children.

There is no supernatural, and ghosts don't exist.

Hope that answers your question.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    No, they are hoaxes, usually perpetrated by adolescent children.

There is no supernatural, and ghosts don't exist.

Hope that answers your question.
    Hoax or not, what you say does not make what was happening in the above vids less scary and creepy. Especially if you were alone.

And how do you know exactly if the vids are fake or not?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

I would say it all goes by really what you see and think. When you watch such videos always look for the possibility that this is an act or a hoax and how they might be pulling it off. That is the 1st thing I always try for.

But do I believe something like this might be real; I believe something is out their that has not been explained, I don't believe everyone is pulling ones leg for attention. Heck, Even Once I had an experience I can't explain that Freaked me out. I take everything with Heavy Buckets of Salt, but something is in the world. But NEVER go out searching for it.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extrodinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
    Easily created video fx on Youtube do not meet that burden of proof.

Seen hoaxes too many times.

BANNED

And we can all still be scared by seeing something that isn't real. I mean, edhopper, how would you react if you were alone in your own house and you see stuff like this happening in front of you in unpredictable places?

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    And we can all still be scared by seeing something that isn't real. I mean, edhopper, how would you react if you were alone in your own house and you see stuff like this happening in front of you in unpredictable places?
    "It would suck if you were a priest and you had to fight the devil. 'I did not think that **** was for real.'" - Mitch Hedberg

It's kind of a "you'd only know if/when it happened."
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

I'd knock that poltergeist right on its ass!

Nope. Ghosts aren't real. Neither are Poltergeists. The dead will not be coming back to us, much as we'd love them to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    The dead will not be coming back to us.
    Explain Donald Trump's campaign!

They are when I fart and there's no one else in the room to blame.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    "It would suck if you were a priest and you had to fight the devil. 'I did not think that **** was for real.'" - Mitch Hedberg

It's kind of a "you'd only know if/when it happened."
    Please explain.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Please explain.
    A squirrel popped out of the brickwork next to me one night, while chatting with a friend, and I punched it square in the face and had to deal with the fact I seemed to have concussed a squirrel.

A moth once flew up under my glasses and I ran around the room like I was on fire.

We don't often react to new "threatening" experiences in predictable ways.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

None of these phenomena ever have credible outside witnesses, proof caught on video that can't be duplicated via cheap effects or clever editing, and are not reproducable. The first video starts out with RADIO INTERFERENCE! No, that can't be a natural, that must be supernatural in origin. It couldn't be a product of scientifically documented forces, like everything that causes radio interference, from vibrations to sunspot activity, to electrical storms to any other cause, down to a badly manufactured radio.

Cold spot in the house? Must be ghosts; couldn't be bad insulation. Doors pop open? Couldn't be due to vibration or a badly mounted hinge.

It is nothing more than sad, pathetic individuals in search of attention.

There are no ghosts or goblins or demons. Mankind creates this nonsense to give name to his irrational terrors. It's psychological, not supernatural.

While I'm usually an "While I haven't seen anything that would make me believe it, that doesn't mean I'll completely rule it out..." guy, that first video looks a whole lot like both dogs are looking at an owner/familiar human just off frame.

That would seem to run counter to the description.