Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I keep an open mind about it and I have had some personal incidents that scared the crap out of me at my parent's home. One time was when we were in the basement playing when we were kids. The basement was divided up in different rooms. Some homes would have a second kitchen in the basement so that you could keep the upstairs cool in the summer time. So we were in the larger part of the basement. Suddenly, we heard the sound of one of the old chairs in the kitchen being dragged on the floor. My mom was the only other person home. Needless to say we ran up the stairs really quickly and we later saw the chair was in a different spot. Not very far but it had moved.

Our grandfather lived in the home still and he was the owner. He let my Dad and Mom stay there after Grandma died and it was a big home. He had a separate room on the main floor off the living room where the TV was. Eventually he became ill and we had to place him in a senior care facility. Whenever someone came to visit he would say "take me home. take me home" After he had passed away I was up late one night watching TV very quietly in the living room. Those were the days when most people only had the one console television. I was laying of the floor while watching. They I heard a sound of feet shuffling very slowly across the carpet in the dining room area, just like my grandpa would make when walking around the house. I shut off the TV and ran upstairs really quickly. There was another time when a doorknob on an upstairs bedroom door started to turn by itself. It was dark but we could hear it. I share the room with my sister. She went to the door to see who was trying to scare us and there was no one there.

These days I do like to watch the Ghost Hunters on SyFy, who are winding up their run. Over the years it was more entertainment that actual investigation though. But at least they've debunked a lot of stuff that they were asked to investigate.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-22-2016 at 01:01 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I keep an open mind about it and I have had some personal incidents that scared the crap out of me at my parent's home. One time was when we were in the basement playing when we were kids. The basement was divided up in different rooms. Some homes would have a second kitchen in the basement so that you could keep the upstairs cool in the summer time. So we were in the larger part of the basement. Suddenly, we heard the sound of one of the old chairs in the kitchen being dragged on the floor. My mom was the only other person home. Needless to say we ran up the stairs really quickly and we later saw the chair was in a different spot. Not very far but it had moved.

Our grandfather lived in the home still and he was the owner. He let my Dad and Mom stay there after Grandma died and it was a big home. He had a separate room on the main floor off the living room where the TV was. Eventually he became ill and we had to place him in a senior care facility. Whenever someone came to visit he would say "take me home. take me home" After he had passed away I was up late one night watching TV very quietly in the living room. Those were the days when most people only had the one console television. I was laying of the floor while watching. They I heard a sound of feet shuffling very slowly across the carpet in the dining room area, just like my grandpa would make when walking around the house. I shut off the TV and ran upstairs really quickly. There was another time when a doorknob on an upstairs bedroom door started to turn by itself. It was dark but we could hear it. I share the room with my sister. She went to the door to see who was trying to scare us and there was no one there.

These days I do like to watch the Ghost Hunters on SyFy, who are winding up their run. Over the years it was more entertainment that actual investigation though. But at least they've debunked a lot of stuff that they were asked to investigate.
    That is a very interesting response.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Yes, Phenomena not fully explainable by Science or Religion does indeed exist. Weather a poltergeist is the angry spirit of a deceased human or something else though, we may never know for sure.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Yes, Phenomena not fully explainable by Science or Religion does indeed exist. Weather a poltergeist is the angry spirit of a deceased human or something else though, we may never know for sure.
    Until we become one?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    It's very likely to be what you just described. Or something from the netherworld or spiritual dimension.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Until we become one?
    I like to think if I were ever to become a ghost I would be more like Casper or at least stick to simple mischief instead of malicious acts.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I think that is something that I would like to be; a ghost that plays silly pranks. Or maybe just to be able to check in on the family and leave a sign behind. I don't believe in this one especially but my sisters believe that if a dime randomly shows up somewhere that it is from our Dad who passed away some years back. I have no idea why they believe this though! I know it's one of those urban legend kind of things.