Default Scarlett Witch, rant or rave

Elizibeth Olsen of the Olsen Twins, looks to be cast as the Scarlett Witch in Marvel's Avenger's 2; Age of Ultron. Can she act? Has Marvel screwed up? Does this make SW fans irate, happy or let's see? Do you think her millions bought her the parts, or is this too statement too rude. Time to assemble and rant or rave! BW12345

Incredible Member

Scarlet Johanson is a fantastic actress & I hated her first 2 appearances as Black Widow for various reasons.
    Then Winter Soldier made me love her version of the character (in that film at least).
    I expect Pietro and Wanda to have more of an arc as a pair than as individual characters, which expanding on their arcs is what sequels are for and I wouldn't be shocked to see Wanda in Thor 3 (pure conjecture).
    Scarlet Witch's look in this reminds me of X-men evolution SW, so that's a plus to me at the least

BANNED

Elizabeth Olsen is a sister of the Olsen twins not an actual twin of the Olson twins.

o

Extraordinary Member

Elizabeth Olsen is a good actress who's been good in pretty much everything (even in a nothing part in Godzilla). Only question at this point is her ability to do an accent - whatever the accent turns out to be - but she shouldn't have any trouble acting the part. Also, she's not an Olsen twin, she's their younger sister.

Honestly, though, as a Scarlet Witch fan, I'm just so relieved that she's in a movie, and not as an X-Men villain, because it's going to make her an important Marvel character again after the disasters of the last decade. (From House of M to being the only important Avengers left out of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, this was not a good decade for the twins.) So I'd be raving even if I liked the casting less. I do like the casting though.

Elizabeth Olsen isn't an Olsen "twin". But ya I'm pretty stoked. Judging by her interviews and Marvel Studios' track record, I think she was a good cast, but honestly we'll have to wait and see. She, however, does exhibit a enthusiasm for the role, which, I think is genuine.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Elizabeth Olsen is a sister of the Olsen twins not an actual twin of the Olson twins.

o
    Sorry about the clarity, I meant the sister association thing. Sorry, my bad. She did get rave at the Sundance Festival for her movie MARTHA MARCY MAY MARLENE in which she plays Martha, a damaged girl in a cult. She may be the actress out of the siblings. Thanxxx BW12345

Honestly, though, as a Scarlet Witch fan, I'm just so relieved that she's in a movie, and not as an X-Men villain, because it's going to make her an important Marvel character again after the disasters of the last decade. (From House of M to being the only important Avengers left out of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, this was not a good decade for the twins.) So I'd be raving even if I liked the casting less. I do like the casting though.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I know how you feel. BW was my heroine and when she finally made it to the silver screen as they say, I was in heaven. I know your sentiments reflect most SW fans. SW is is a interesting character being portrayed as both good & bad. A bit like Natasha eh? I am so happy for every SW fan for Avenger's 2; Age of Ultron happening for them. Thanxxxxx BW12345

Exactly, I know how you feel. BW was my heroine and when she finally made it to the silver screen as they say, I was in heaven. I know your sentiments reflect most SW fans. SW is is a interesting character being portrayed as both good & bad. A bit like Natasha eh? I am so happy for every SW fan for Avenger's 2; Age of Ultron happening for them. Thanxxxxx BW12345[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Scarlet Witch has been getting the short end of the stick for years now. It's about time she gets something good. Plus now we have a chance of...

THE KOOKY QUARTET!!!!!!!!!!

ckq2.jpg
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

The color Scarlet has one T. The girl's name Scarlett has two T's. Wanda is the Scarlet Witch. Black Widow is played by Scarlett Johannsen.

I love Elizabeth Olsen in this role. I think she is going to steal the film. I think having Scarlet Witch in this movie will help out the comics version break out into bigger things. I expect Wanda to get into a second team book soon, and I would love it if she got a solo.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Elizabeth Olsen was fine in the latest Godzilla film. She will be ok as Scarlet Witch.

Fantastic Member

I'm pretty stoked for it. The actress looks great and my limited understanding of acting doesn't twinge at her ability.

The only thing I worry about is that they'll white-wash the characters and say they're British or whatever... they're not british. They're from a really poor eastern european family and that explains why their personalities are the way they are. It's not an unimportant detail.

In the latest X-Men movie the other twin (Pietro) had his name changed to Peter to be more american... that's kind of the thing that bothers me. I don't care if they never say where they're from but I hope they don't completely reinvent them into other characters. Or at least, keep the core of the characters there.

Marvel has been really good about doing that though. Except with Hawkeye but his part is very small.

I was never on board for either of the casting decisions regarding the twins. Especially Johnson, because I personally find him to be revolting.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I'm fine with the cast, honestly I'm more bothered about the kind of role they'll have to play in the movie, and whether or not they'll have a decent showing in it.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

I'm indifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwidow12345 View Post
    Elizibeth Olsen of the Olsen Twins, looks to be cast as the Scarlett Witch in Marvel's Avenger's 2; Age of Ultron. Can she act? Has Marvel screwed up? Does this make SW fans irate, happy or let's see? Do you think her millions bought her the parts, or is this too statement too rude. Time to assemble and rant or rave! BW12345
    Elizabath Olsen is not one of the twins she is their little sister, and she is a quite well established young actress.