Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    Well, looks like that's a wrap for Fantomex. I know a lot of people here will be pleased. I just wish he'd gotten more page time in the book first. He's only really been in 3 issues of the 16, and only had a major role in 2 of them. Same problem that Mystique had, come to think of it. That's my biggest regret with this book: as much as I adore Bunn's writing, I feel like this series was written for trade/decompressed, and thus not as much happened as I would've liked. But I still enjoyed the hell out of it, and I will definitely miss this team, my personal favorite line-up of X-Men in years. Although I'd have liked it more if Magik and Sunfire were on the roster. EXM doesn't need 2 teleporters.
    I think I read a solicitation that mentioned Fantomex vs. Karnak so I wouldn't write off Fanto yet.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Very interesting issue. I'm not too well versed when it comes to Fantomex and The World, so I'm not sure exactly all of what's going on, but I still enjoyed the issue. Curious as to what the ramifications of Fantomex's actions well have later on. Though she played a much more minor role in the story then I was hoping for, I really liked Bunn writing Jean in this issue, and it makes me all the more excited to see him handle her even more down the line with X-Men: Blue. Loved seeing Banshee again, even if it was just in Karnak's head. Maybe that means we'll see him fighting the inhumans somewhere down the line in IvX.

BANNED

Ideally, we'll see Fantomex again in XMB (Bunn's the type of writer to build on his own work). In a perfect world, Bunn would be writing Weapon X, and Fantomex would be the villain of the story.

Anyone think that Irma's going to be killed? There was originally five Stepford Cuckoos, two are already long gone.

akiresu, I don't believe the existing team books will continue after Prime is out, so yes, 19 is the final issue.

WhySoFuriousGeorge, your signature needs an update. Ultimates2 is now a current pull, and you can label U.S.Avengers as one too.

Ideally, we'll see Fantomex again in XMB (Bunn's the type of writer to build on his own work). In a perfect world, Bunn would be writing Weapon X, and Fantomex would be the villain of the story.
    There would be no Fantomex in a perfect world

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    WhySoFuriousGeorge, your signature needs an update. Ultimates2 is now a current pull, and you can label U.S.Avengers as one too.
    Good lookin' out, friend. Thank you.

BANNED

Anyone think that Irma's going to be killed? There was originally five Stepford Cuckoos, two are already long gone.

akiresu, I don't believe the existing team books will continue after Prime is out, so yes, 19 is the final issue.

Hope not regarding Irma.
    US Avengers hasn't debuted yet has it?

BANNED

Since this issue is Fantomex's send-off, I'm more convinced than ever that next issue will be Monet's send-off. PLEASE let her be the new Emplate for Generation X!

Well, looks like that's a wrap for Fantomex. I know a lot of people here will be pleased. I just wish he'd gotten more page time in the book first. He's only really been in 3 issues of the 16, and only had a major role in 2 of them. Same problem that Mystique had, come to think of it. That's my biggest regret with this book: as much as I adore Bunn's writing, I feel like this series was written for trade/decompressed, and thus not as much happened as I would've liked. But I still enjoyed the hell out of it, and I will definitely miss this team, my personal favorite line-up of X-Men in years. Although I'd have liked it more if Magik and Sunfire were on the roster. EXM doesn't need 2 teleporters.
    Magik would've been PERFECT on this team and it would've made a lot more sense, too, then her randomly being anti-Cyclops (and subsequently anti-Sunfire lolwut) in EXM.

I think the book was a tad decompressed but I don't think I would've minded if this was afforded a longer run. I certainly enjoy the slow burn in some indie comics and graphic novels that more or less have an end issue established upon launch. I feel like there was supposed to be A LOT more with Mystique (including a supposed rivalry with M), Xorn, and the Hellfire Club.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    Magik would've been PERFECT on this team and it would've made a lot more sense, too, then her randomly being anti-Cyclops (and subsequently anti-Sunfire lolwut) in EXM.
    ExACTly. Doesn't she have *very* recent history of working with Cyclops and Magneto on that Bendis Revolution team? Magik just seems incredibly well-suited for this team. Sunfire would just be for the lols, but I think he'd have actually been a great fit, too.

BANNED

No. Morrison wrote the Cuckoos as a part of a character arc. From the very beginning when he introduced them, he intended for there to be three left in the end.

Honestly I don't think any mutants die during IvX. During Death of X itself, of the three dead characters two had been written off into character limbo and one had a replacement in the form of teen Cyke.

Ah, i know. But it just hurts me for it to end at 19. it's such an odd number. AND exm gets to make it to 20, what's that about

I'd like to see a delayed 20 but i do know that's super unlikely

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    Ah, i know. But it just hurts me for it to end at 19. it's such an odd number. AND exm gets to make it to 20, what's that about

I'd like to see a delayed 20 but i do know that's super unlikely
    Maybe?

The covers for ANXM and EXM feature the whole teams and their solicits read for as final, whereas the UXM cover is all about Mags and Psylocke. Seems weird to end that one there...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    The covers for ANXM and EXM feature the whole teams and their solicits read for as final, whereas the UXM cover is all about Mags and Psylocke. Seems weird to end that one there...
    The entire cast is on the cover of UXM #19. Laying dead at Magneto's feet.

Interestingly, I also see Elixir and Tusk of the Dark Riders in that pile of bodies, too...

Taking away the part of Fantomex it was a good issue.

Unfortunately anyone expecting a fight between Fantomex and Karnak in their minds probably was disappointed.