Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thanos #2 SPOILERS

"Thanos Killer" Parts...

- Nebula is captured/recruited by Starfox

- Thane gives a speech to Starfox, Nebula, and Champion about how it is now time to kill Thanos and that he is dying. And they need to do it now before he finds a cure.

- But first they need to steal something from Terrax the Terrible

Thanos parts...

- THere is a healing planet, known throughout the galaxy to be great healers. They can't heal thanos... so he kills everyone there.

- THanos shows up at a Shiar controlled lab. goes inside, his dad Mentor is there

- Tells Mentor to fix him. Mentor refuses. Thanos says he will kill every single person on the planet and leave Mentor with their corpses

- Mentor examines THanos... says he has God Cancer. or whatever Says he can't save him and that he wishes he smothered him as a child (gotdamn lol)

- Thanos gives him "the Rhodey".... (punches a hole through his chest)

- THanos leaves the lab and the Imperial Guard is there

THanos don't play
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

"God cancer?" Really? REALLY? Seriously, STOP portraying cancer as this invincible disease in a fictional universe full of scientific miracles, magic, and physiology that defies biology as we know it. If fucking symbiotes can cure cancer, then Thanos certainly can.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 12-21-2016 at 10:10 AM.

God Cancer sounds like a garage metal band.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

why is Thanos worried about dying? he's been stalking Death for a long time.

Niffleheim

"God cancer" made me cringe. Overall i still loved every thing about it and can't for the Shi'ar vs Thanos

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Death has a restraining order against him and she would prefer doing the stalking
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    "God cancer?" Really? REALLY? Seriously, STOP portraying cancer as this invincible disease in a fictional universe full of scientific miracles, magic, and physiology that defies biology as we know it. If fucking symbiotes can cure cancer, then Thanos certainly can.
    did you read the book?

Mentor never said he couldn't, just that it would take time. They'd hafta study THanos unique physiology first and so on

and THanos doesn't have that type of time
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

"God cancer" is just a way to explain this disease. And Mentor could heal it, but he needs time.

And for Thanos who doesn't want to die, I think that future issues will talk about that.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Maybe he's decided he's tired of his abusive relationship with Death, and is trying to make a clean break with her. The last thing he wants to do is spend all of eternity with a painful ex-lover.

But seriously, this sounds awful.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    Maybe he's decided he's tired of his abusive relationship with Death, and is trying to make a clean break with her. The last thing he wants to do is spend all of eternity with a painful ex-lover.

But seriously, this sounds awful.
    Seriously, it's one of the best Marvel comics of the last months (but there is not a lot of competition)
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Mighty Member

So is this going to be one long saga of Thanos being a dick to heroes/villains he thinks can cure him? If so, High Evolutionary and Moondragon may get a knock at their doors soon. Actually, this is a potentially good story in the making. A hero with a background in medicine being held against his/her will by Thanos and coerced into treating him. No major universe-shaking battles or anything. Just a doctor having to either successfully heal this asshole or - perhaps even more difficult - outwit him and escape.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 12-21-2016 at 02:51 PM.

Spectacular Member SoupStainedTie's Avatar

Ehhh did Thanos have to "kill" Mentor?

There's just too much death for shock value these days in Marvel comics. Mentor is a character that will just reappear down the line, fine and dandy, with probably no explanation. How about a blast that knocks him down and he looks like he could be dead....but maybe not!! Does he have to be torn apart to make us all gasp?

BANNED

Is it me or is the Creative team trying to pull off a Captain Marvel for Thanos ?

At least in this case no one in the universe would truly mourn the loss of the mad Titan Thanos. Right ?

Extraordinary Member

God cancer sounds stupid. Nevertheless, the series is going strong.

This was a very good issue. This Thanos is NOT symphatetic at all, he's a villain, pure and simple (Starlin's Thanos would have never killed all those healers... he wasn't wasteful) and I like that.
    While reading this I found myself rooting for Starfox, the Champion and even Nebula and Thane, and I like Thanos as a character but if he acts like this he needs to be stopped... the tale of how it is done (or not...) should be entertaining.

I'm just wondering about something: the Nebula from this issue is clearly 616 "classic" Nebula but she seems a completely different character from the one appearing in "Gamora" and even the backstory doesn't fit. I'm wondering if "Gamora" is happening in the MCU universe's past instead than in the 616 one.

Is the artwork good?