Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder how Clint would react to the idea that HydraCap basically manipulated the events that led to him killing Banner?
    Here is hoping he actually finds out sooner than the rest of the Super Hero Community, by being one of Steve's first victims.
    Of course he survives this somehow, hey he took down Steve once on his own and this time he has a team, and goes on trying to convince the other Heroes that Cap is evil.
    Being a Pariah to them and Cap still being the symbol of everything that is good in their eyes would make that quite the struggle and I'd love that.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

It wouldn't be hard for Steve to do it since apparently no one except Clint's team has any idea where he is. According to other series I've read Clint's seemed to just vanish outside of this book.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    It wouldn't be hard for Steve to do it since apparently no one except Clint's team has any idea where he is. According to other series I've read Clint's seemed to just vanish outside of this book.
    Amadeus Cho and the Black Panther know where he is as seen in Totally Awesome Hulk #11 and #12 (I think).
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

In general, I enjoyed the issue. Clint felt like Clint for the first time in a long time. Yeah, the taser takedown has its problems (I mean, strictly speaking, water conducts electricity quite well, so wouldn't everybody Wet Willie was holding at the time also be shocked? So why is he the online unconscious?). I was a little disappointed that Red Wolf seems to be forgetting the past. Okay, he is from a different "world" but I kind of want him to remember he is from the 19th century. But, then, I also really really want Matt Hawk (Two-Gun Kid) to join the Occupy Avengers group. He is a close friend to Clint and he is from the 19th century, so he would be a good fit with the Wolf. And he has no superpowers, so he fits the theme of the book.

By the way, I hate the name of the book. "Occupy Avengers"? What in Cat's name does that mean? I keep wanting to call it "Outlook Avengers" or "Outlaw Avengers" or "Oddball Avengers"--Seriously, though, what the heck are they occupying? At least "Occupy Wall Street" was, you know, occupying Wall Street. I don't get this title at all.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Incredible Member

Agree about the name; hopefully they change it down the line (wouldn't be the first time they changed the name on a primarily Hawkeye book).

Overall, I enjoyed the issue, though a lot of the dialogue felt really flat. Not like real people talking. In particular the conversations Hydro-Man had with his employers and the Fireheart brothers. I like the direction of it, though, and I'll stick with it for another arc. Is Pacheco not going to be the ongoing artist for this? The "coming soon" pages seem to indicate a change of artist, but that may just be whoever they got for the "teaser."

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    Agree about the name; hopefully they change it down the line (wouldn't be the first time they changed the name on a primarily Hawkeye book).

Overall, I enjoyed the issue, though a lot of the dialogue felt really flat. Not like real people talking. In particular the conversations Hydro-Man had with his employers and the Fireheart brothers. I like the direction of it, though, and I'll stick with it for another arc. Is Pacheco not going to be the ongoing artist for this? The "coming soon" pages seem to indicate a change of artist, but that may just be whoever they got for the "teaser."
    I think they've confirmed that Gabriel Walta of Tom King's Vision run will be taking over at some point (I think he handled a few of the preview panels in fact).

Really enjoying this series. Clint and Red Wolf seem like natural bros. Everyone sounds right you know. This is the type of book I'd love to see Sam in, but while he's still Captain America it wouldn't work.

Agreed on the name. Could they be Secret Avengers? No one knows they're Avengers right?

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Agreed on the name. Could they be Secret Avengers? No one knows they're Avengers right?
    Well "Secret Avengers" implies spy team, and this team isn't really an official Avengers group anyways.

I guess they can't call them the "A-Team" .

Well "Secret Avengers" implies spy team, and this team isn't really an official Avengers group anyways.

I guess they can't call them the "A-Team" .
    Its been used by the spy teams but Hawkeye has also been attached to the last several SHIELD iterations of the team. This could be his way of taking the Avengers name back for the people (which also fits into the liberal aspect of the group as well).

I really enjoyed this issue! I just wish, with all these Firehearts, that we would have at least got a mention of Puma. I think Walker could have a lot of fun with him.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainWagner View Post
    I really enjoyed this issue! I just wish, with all these Firehearts, that we would have at least got a mention of Puma. I think Walker could have a lot of fun with him.
    I agree. I was wondering if the two Firehearts are related to Puma.

I have to agree with the complaints about the name of the title. Seems a few years late and doesn't really mean anything.

But this book really is surprising me with how good it is. I really am enjoying it more than I expected to. David Walker is impressing me on everything I've read by him.

I think they've confirmed that Gabriel Walta of Tom King's Vision run will be taking over at some point (I think he handled a few of the preview panels in fact).
    Yeah he'll take over with issue #4 I think. It's a shame because I generally prefer Pacheco.
    But it's not like we get a changing roster of artists like in All New Wolverine so that is something at least.

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
    In general, I enjoyed the issue. Clint felt like Clint for the first time in a long time. Yeah, the taser takedown has its problems (I mean, strictly speaking, water conducts electricity quite well, so wouldn't everybody Wet Willie was holding at the time also be shocked? So why is he the online unconscious?). I was a little disappointed that Red Wolf seems to be forgetting the past. Okay, he is from a different "world" but I kind of want him to remember he is from the 19th century. But, then, I also really really want Matt Hawk (Two-Gun Kid) to join the Occupy Avengers group. He is a close friend to Clint and he is from the 19th century, so he would be a good fit with the Wolf. And he has no superpowers, so he fits the theme of the book.

By the way, I hate the name of the book. "Occupy Avengers"? What in Cat's name does that mean? I keep wanting to call it "Outlook Avengers" or "Outlaw Avengers" or "Oddball Avengers"--Seriously, though, what the heck are they occupying? At least "Occupy Wall Street" was, you know, occupying Wall Street. I don't get this title at all.
    Well Electricity will find the fastest route to ground. So in theory if the only thing connecting them to ground was Hydro Man they could (in some very rare cases) not get tazed.

As for the name I hope they are drafting a story that fits it better. But it does work. Clint killed another Avenger, his card has been revoked, but instead of trying to fix that he's going out and doing what the Avengers claim they are trying to do. He's doing that while most people are recognizing him as an Avenger. On top of that he so far he's helping the oppressed masses against the greedy capitalist forces that are harming them (yeah that description is a little communist). So he's helping the 99% fight against the 1%, he's also using his notoriety to make the forgotten heroes to remind people that the current Elite Avengers are hurting more than helping. He's hitting all the targets he needs to for using the Occupy name.

Really the key to this book is the unorganized nature of Clint. When set against all of the planning and strategy that Tony, Steve, and Carol make the Avengers teams operate, the idea that all you need to know is that what you're doing is right in order to make a real change is refreshing. The "leap before you look" attitude is unlike any Marvel team book I can remember.
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Yeah he'll take over with issue #4 I think. It's a shame because I generally prefer Pacheco.
    But it's not like we get a changing roster of artists like in All New Wolverine so that is something at least.
    Walta is gonna change the tone of the series but do not worry, he is a very good artist.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    Well Electricity will find the fastest route to ground. So in theory if the only thing connecting them to ground was Hydro Man they could (in some very rare cases) not get tazed.

As for the name I hope they are drafting a story that fits it better. But it does work. Clint killed another Avenger, his card has been revoked, but instead of trying to fix that he's going out and doing what the Avengers claim they are trying to do. He's doing that while most people are recognizing him as an Avenger. On top of that he so far he's helping the oppressed masses against the greedy capitalist forces that are harming them (yeah that description is a little communist). So he's helping the 99% fight against the 1%, he's also using his notoriety to make the forgotten heroes to remind people that the current Elite Avengers are hurting more than helping. He's hitting all the targets he needs to for using the Occupy name.

Really the key to this book is the unorganized nature of Clint. When set against all of the planning and strategy that Tony, Steve, and Carol make the Avengers teams operate, the idea that all you need to know is that what you're doing is right in order to make a real change is refreshing. The "leap before you look" attitude is unlike any Marvel team book I can remember.
    Hmmm. Really well said.