Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    A little off topic... But of these listed above, does anyone have an idea or rough guess how many volumes each of these will end up being? Assuming they print the entire runs?
    The Omnibus Collector talks a about that for some of them in his review of DC's spring catalogue. Just go to theomnibuscollector.com and it should be on the front page.

The big question is what happens when the creator's most associated with a series leaves. I don't think they have come that far on any of these yet, but Nightwing should come to the end of Chuck Dixon's run with volume 7. It will be very interesting to see if they continue the series with the "lesser" creators in place. I certainly hope so as I'm loving these releases.

I CANNOT WAIT until all of these are released as well as their follow-ups so I can then Hardcover Bind them!
    I wish DC wouldn't wait an avg of 6 months to release each book. Why not 3 or 4?
    Like the newer SS trades. They pumped out about 5 volumes in less than 2 years. Hell i think it might have been just over a year and a half. Why can't they continue this trend?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Like the newer SS trades. They pumped out about 5 volumes in less than 2 years. Hell i think it might have been just over a year and a half. Why can't they continue this trend?
    Nightwing and Green Arrow are coming thick and fast.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    To be fair, the first collection came out in 2011. It took them 4 years before volume 2 out.

Quote Originally Posted by Takachulo View Post
    That's true. That could also be it's Green Arrows 75th Anniversary, and they wanted to put more content out. Similar to how they took forever to put out more Catwoman content out.

All-New Member

A few other '90s (or close) DC series currently being released in trades;

Deathstroke the Terminator (2 volumes released, another 2 announced)
    Shadow of the Bat (1 volume released, another coming soon)
    Elseworlds collection: 2 Batman volumes released with another to come. Also Superman and Justice League have at least 1 out.

I could be wrong but I think the original Weapon X was published in the early 90s. It might be Wolverine's best all time solo story.

thanks for all the recommendations guys! I was worried asking for 90's recommendations was asking for trouble, haha. I appreciate the help.

Can you or anyone direct me to the new Green Arrow TPB's? So I know which collection I am looking for.
    Thank you all!
    I just love this place!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

The Omnibus Collector talks a about that for some of them in his review of DC's spring catalogue. Just go to theomnibuscollector.com and it should be on the front page.

The big question is what happens when the creator's most associated with a series leaves. I don't think they have come that far on any of these yet, but Nightwing should come to the end of Chuck Dixon's run with volume 7. It will be very interesting to see if they continue the series with the "lesser" creators in place. I certainly hope so as I'm loving these releases.
    Thank you for the info! I just visited that blog and bookmarked. What a neat find! I'm going to read thru some of it later today.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

All-New Member

Can you or anyone direct me to the new Green Arrow TPB's? So I know which collection I am looking for.
    Green Arrow Volume 1: Hunter's Moon
    Green Arrow Volume 2: Here There Be Dragons
    Green Arrow Volume 3: The Trial of Oliver Queen
    Green Arrow Volume 4: Blood of the Dragon
    Green Arrow Volume 5: Black Arrow
    Green Arrow Volume 6: Last Action Hero
    Green Arrow Volume 7: Homecoming (January '17)
    Green Arrow Volume 8: The Hunt For The Red Dragon (May '17)

I would also recommend The Longbow Hunters, which is a miniseries done by Grell before he did the series.

Preacher........

Green Arrow Volume 1: Hunter's Moon
    Green Arrow Volume 2: Here There Be Dragons
    Green Arrow Volume 3: The Trial of Oliver Queen
    Green Arrow Volume 4: Blood of the Dragon
    Green Arrow Volume 5: Black Arrow
    Green Arrow Volume 6: Last Action Hero
    Green Arrow Volume 7: Homecoming (January '17)
    Green Arrow Volume 8: The Hunt For The Red Dragon (May '17)

I would also recommend The Longbow Hunters, which is a miniseries done by Grell before he did the series.
    Now I'm not an Omnibus fan per say...but man that would make a good pair of Omni's for GA.

All-New Member

I mentioned Elseworlds Batman earlier; if anybody's interested I just found Volume 2 on Amazon France marketplace for 3,45 Euros...

These are stand-alone stories, so you don't need volume 1.
    Last edited by Takachulo; 12-23-2016 at 09:47 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by paurru View Post
    I still have the old original Death of Superman and World Without Superman trades and I still enjoy reading them.

Plus I still can't believe the old Death of Superman trade was pretty cheap at 4.99 or 5.99 where today newer trade paperbacks cost up to 40 bucks brand new at comic book shops
    Yeah I think graphic novel collections weren't commonplace as they are now that DC and Marvel would just release simple trades of short storyarcs with little bonus content and usually on cheap newsprint paper to reach out to non-readers that might frequent bookstores, at least that's how Death Of Superman was such a huge bestseller