Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by paurru View Post
    I still have the old original Death of Superman and World Without Superman trades and I still enjoy reading them.

Plus I still can't believe the old Death of Superman trade was pretty cheap at 4.99 or 5.99 where today newer trade paperbacks cost up to 40 bucks brand new at comic book shops
    True but you have to also consider that a lot of these new updated collections (Death of Superman, Knightfall, No Man's Land) include more issues than the older collections which normally just had the main story (without tie-ins etc)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    You're in luck, because DC is currently putting out some of their best 90's material in chronological, comprehensive trades! Your post doesn't specify what you are and aren't familiar with, so I'll reserve explanations until you've provided a little more info . Either way, my recommendations include (but aren't limited to):

Birds of Prey By Chuck Dixon (currently 2 vols. available)

Nightwing By Chuck Dixon (5 vols.)

Green Arrow By Mike Grell (6 vols.)

The Flash By Mark Waid (1 vol.)

Supergirl By Peter David (1 vol.)

Wonder Woman By Mike Deodato (1 vol.)
    DC have also been releasing larger collections of 90's crossovers:

Batman
    Knightfall vol 1-3 (missing several non-essential issues, there is an omnibus with these coming out in 2017)
    Contagion
    Legacy (out in 2017)
    Cataclysm
    Road to No Mans Land 1-2
    No Mans Land 1-4 (pretty much everything except the Harley Quinn 1st appearance one-shot that's available in the TPB "Harley Quinn" that came out last year and has the Alex Ross Joker/Harley cover and IIRC one Nightwing issue)
    Bruce Wayne: Murderer?
    Bruce Wayne: Fugitive
    Batma: War Games 1-2

Superman
    Death of Superman
    Funeral for a Friend
    Reign of the Supermen
    Return of Superman
    Superman: Doomsday

Wonder Woman
    War of the Gods
    Last edited by JAG2045; 12-27-2016 at 02:27 PM.

All-New Member

Just a quick note for anyone interested in the Catwoman trades. I noticed Volume 2 is starting to creep up in price, so I assume that means it's starting to go OOP. Might want to grab that one quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Takachulo View Post
    Just a quick note for anyone interested in the Catwoman trades. I noticed Volume 2 is starting to creep up in price, so I assume that means it's starting to go OOP. Might want to grab that one quickly.
    Thx for the heads up. Just grabbed one on EBay for $14.50, very fine.
    Will eventually want to bind this series very long term away though.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

so I think I've made a pretty good tentative list of my crash-course in reading and re-reading 90's stuff that I'm interested in. Note that this isn't necessarily the "best" or "most essential" stuff exactly - but more so things that I've either (A) wanted to read back in the actual 90's, or (B) have just now heard of and grown interested in lately for whatever reason.

I basically made a huge list and then pruned it; found myself down to ~24 books which seems pretty good - if I could read 2 of these a month for the next month in tandem with my regular reading then that would be pretty awesome.

My only real question before I 'finalize' the list has to do with some of the repeated stuff... meaning, I know I want to read Infinity Guantlet - but I'm not 100% sure I *need* to read War & Crusade. Thoughts?

1990:

Spider-Man: Torment
    Elektra Lives Again

1991:

The Amazing Spider-Man: Return Of The Sinister Six
    X-Men: X-Tinction Agenda
    The New Fantastic Four: Monsters Unleashed
    Infinity Gauntlet

1992:

The Invincible Iron Man: War Machine
    The Punisher: War Zone
    Infinity War
    X-Men: X-Cutioner's Song
    The Death Of Superman
    Spawn: Volume 1
    Youngblood: Volume 1

1993:

Maximum Carnage
    Infinity Crusade
    Daredevil: The Man Without Fear

1994:

Marvels
    Spider-Man: Clone Saga

1995:

X-Men: Age Of Apocalypse
    The Last Avengers Story

1996:

DC Vs. Marvel
    Kingdom Come

1997:

Deadpool: Mission Improbable

1999:

Daredevil: Guardian Devil
    Last edited by noiseredux; 12-28-2016 at 02:41 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Thx for the heads up. Just grabbed one on EBay for $14.50, very fine.
    Will eventually want to bind this series very long term away though.
    Hey Hawkgirl70, just to let you know Catwoman volume 6 is out in a couple of weeks which will complete the entire series (and the much later released Blackest Night tie in issue) in trade paperback

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Hey Hawkgirl70, just to let you know Catwoman volume 6 is out in a couple of weeks which will complete the entire series (and the much later released Blackest Night tie in issue) in trade paperback
    Thank you for the heads up! I appreciate that. I've made a note of this so i can grab this when funds allow once our business picks back up in the spring.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Thank you for the heads up! I appreciate that. I've made a note of this so i can grab this when funds allow once our business picks back up in the spring.
    No problem at all

Just to let you know here are the titles of the collections for the whole 2002-2008 series

Catwoman Volume 1: Trail of the Catwoman (Catwoman: Selina's Big Score, back-up stories from Detective Comics #759–762, and Catwoman 1–9)
    Catwoman Volume 2: No Easy Way Down (Catwoman #10–24, Secret Files #1)
    Catwoman Volume 3: Under Pressure (25–37)
    Catwoman Volume 4: The One You Love (38–49)
    Catwoman Volume 5: Backward Masking (50-65)
    Catwoman Volume 6: Final Jeopardy (66-82 & issue 83 Blackest Night tie in)

Looks like most of them are still in print so you should be able to get them at less than RRP

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    No problem at all

Just to let you know here are the titles of the collections for the whole 2002-2008 series

Catwoman Volume 1: Trail of the Catwoman (Catwoman: Selina's Big Score, back-up stories from Detective Comics #759–762, and Catwoman 1–9)
    Catwoman Volume 2: No Easy Way Down (Catwoman #10–24, Secret Files #1)
    Catwoman Volume 3: Under Pressure (25–37)
    Catwoman Volume 4: The One You Love (38–49)
    Catwoman Volume 5: Backward Masking (50-65)
    Catwoman Volume 6: Final Jeopardy (66-82 & issue 83 Blackest Night tie in)

Looks like most of them are still in print so you should be able to get them at less than RRP
    How is the series? Worth picking up?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    How is the series? Worth picking up?
    I've only read Volume 1 so far, but I liked it a lot. Brubaker writing and Darwyn Cooke on art is kind of hard to mess up.

Quote Originally Posted by Takachulo View Post
    I've only read Volume 1 so far, but I liked it a lot. Brubaker writing and Darwyn Cooke on art is kind of hard to mess up.
    That's very true. I should at least pick that up.

so the full final list came out to like 25 or 30 titles long. So far, I've read through Spider-Man: Torment, Elektra Lives Again, The New Fantastic Four: Monsters Unleashed, and am currently in the middle of Infinity Gauntlet.

Up on tap will be X-Men: X-Tinction Agenda, Spider-Man: Return Of The Sinister Six, and X-Force: A Force To Be Reckoned With. Having a good time with this little project!