Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mrswing View Post
    Aaaaand another book in which cosmically powerful heroes sit around and talk about their feelings. Plus a not very subtle metaphor for the refugee crisis. Really don't see the point of this. But the art was good.
    Yeah. The refugees from space? Wah, huh? When did this happen? Aliens in tent city? Really? It looks so out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I'm surprise how quickly Carol and Jess made up, but I'm glad as it shows the difference that Tony and Carol have between each other when they "win" Civil War.
    I was just comparing Carol post-CWI to Carol post-CWII, and there is a big difference. The first Carol slept with a co-worker to relieve the tension after her task force was destroyed by Skrulls in the Initiative. Today's Carol is so business as usual, like she can't relax for a minute, so I can see why she was ordered into therapy. There is no happy ending for Carol. Stark at least basked in the victory of CWI and had a hell of a time, because he could enjoy being DOS. Carol Danvers is like a female who thinks the Male establishment needs to be punished for its patriarchal stance on women.
    Last edited by jackolover; 12-22-2016 at 05:26 PM.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Carol comes across as someone running away from relationships. She appears to be a very tragic figure from her history, that even though she gravitates to female company, and has strong female role models, she is incapable of finding a mister right. (maybe Rhodey was that person, I don't know). However, since her recent mister-right went the way of lost comrades, she is now left on her lonesome again, and still very much in commander mode, as evident in her approach to reconciling with Jessica Drew. What we do see is a person who can't give herself the time to mourn, or, detach herself enough from duty to have downtime. You wonder if Danvers is driven because she couldn't go to college when she wanted too, and she is stuck on moving forward her whole life, but not giving herself the time to settle down?

Either make Carol Danvers gay, or send along a Prince Charming to sweep her off her feet. Not because I feel women have a destiny to be homebodies, but, because it would be interesting to have her detach from her "moving forward" headspace, and maybe try something else that isn't, "I'll prove I should have been given a college education" mindset. Carol needs to stop justifying her existence, and accept she has reached all her goals already - she needs to bask in that reality.
    Maybe she's still pining for Mar-Vell?

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Only I find ridiculous Jess and Carol make peace so fast?

Do not get me wrong wanted them to be friends again and I'm happy but already in the zero issue?

How do you expect anyone to take it seriously please people died or were severely affected by the Civil War II events and Jess (with some reason) was right to blame Carol in partly for this mess and now this?

I expected at least three or four issues.

Honestly I did the right thing in not buying Civil War II.

Well Carol will have to deal with her mistakes but to the relief of her fans do not think she killed Stark and considering that many heroes have already done worse than arresting people with no evidence she will be fine with time.
    I didn't take issue with Jess forgiving Carol so soon. She's a new mother, who can't get any sleep, so as a sleep deprived you tend to lose the importance of being mad. A new baby really puts your life into perspective when you can't do anything but drag yourself around. As the fur protesters say, who has the energy anymore?

If anything, it shows that Carol and Jess are important enough to each other to not hold grudges for long.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by FlerkenCat View Post
    I think they could've let it simmer for a few more issues, but I could see wanting to hasten things along with the ****show that has been CWII. She needs SOMEBODY on her side to start off this chapter.

I'm sure She-Hulk's gonna have some things to say once her book comes out, so we do have that tension to look forward to, I think.

Anyone else a fan of the astronaut retcon? I think it's a fun update.
    Most of that flashback was accurate to Carols history, except the Space Shuttle astronaut stuff. (Carol was only a security liaison for space flights before this). ANAD has updated a few histories but left other's alone. It doesn't really matter that she became the astronaut, except that if she did, it puts in doubt why she is so driven to keep proving herself, if she has already achieved that.

What the retcon does, is question how Carol got into a position where she was struck down by the Magnotron to get Kree powers? If she was an astronaut, she wouldn't have met Mar-Vell. Something had to have happened different there.
    Last edited by jackolover; 12-22-2016 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Were they ever that close, romantically? I saw some of those stories where they encountered each other, but you couldn't say it was Blake/Foster, or Stark/Potts level pining for each other. Carol just seemed to have a crush on Mar-Vell, but he was less enthusiastic? I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    I actually think she said that she does often compared her male companions to him to an extent, but i could be wrong on that.

I am just going to throw this out there but what if the final issue shows that, either directly or indirectly, she does in fact kill Stark. How does this change things regarding her? Because lets face facts here, while we don't know what is going to happen we do know that her actions have left a mark in the people who were close to her. I mean look at Kamala and her life right now because of following her? Or Luke and Danny and what went down with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I am just going to throw this out there but what if the final issue shows that, either directly or indirectly, she does in fact kill Stark. How does this change things regarding her? Because lets face facts here, while we don't know what is going to happen we do know that her actions have left a mark in the people who were close to her. I mean look at Kamala and her life right now because of following her? Or Luke and Danny and what went down with them.
    Certainly Ganke, in CWII Spiderman #10, thinks Stark Died from what Miles told him. That could translate into Stark actually being taken away and kept in a coma at a Stark secure location. Also, as some very legal looking gentlemen delivered that package to Riri of Starks AI to her, it looked like it was part of a Will being enacted.

Mighty Member

i just finished to read... ok, it's not this new arc who will make Captain Marvel a must read. She is really the Hillary Clinton of super-heroes. Competent, but not very likable and interesting. And they need to stop saying to us that "she is the mightiest of the super-heroes", and showing it !
    Last edited by lordozone; 12-22-2016 at 06:50 PM.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Well for those wanting some tension between Carol and Jess we just got a preview page in the Spider-Woman thread.

It's a good one.
    Last edited by Seren; 12-22-2016 at 07:35 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Most of that flashback was accurate to Carols history, except the Space Shuttle astronaut stuff. (Carol was only a security liaison for space flights before this). ANAD has updated a few histories but left other's alone. It doesn't really matter that she became the astronaut, except that if she did, it puts in doubt why she is so driven to keep proving herself, if she has already achieved that.

What the retcon does, is question how Carol got into a position where she was struck down by the Magnotron to get Kree powers? If she was an astronaut, she wouldn't have met Mar-Vell. Something had to have happened different there.
    I think that's a great question, especially with the word from on high about her origins getting a tweak for the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    i just finished to read... ok, it's not this new arc who will make Captain Marvel a must read. She is really the Hillary Clinton of super-heroes. Competent, but not very likable and interesting. And they need to stop saying to us that "she is the mightiest of the super-heroes", and showing it !
    She had a good showing against Gamora over in CW GOTG #13, which I thought showed it.

Well, seems like Spider-Woman next issue(that happens before this one) is going to build up them getting back together a bit more so it doesn't feel like totally out of nowhere.