Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    Well her series is quite removed from the Inhumans in general. They have popped up a few times but other than that they are separate while other Inhumans series both team and solo have been completely focused on that. Plus her powers are pretty awesome.
    The same can be said for Moon Girl who's had minimal appearances in any of the core Inhuman books and has Devil Dinosaur alongside her for added uniqueness.

The X-Men have been a strong part of the Marvel Universe for many, many years.
    Agreed.

Unfortunately, that began to change when the X-0ffice arbitarily decided to partion the X-books away from the rest of the supposedly "shared" MU.

Don't forget that it was Marvel selling the film rights for X-Men and Fantastic Four to Fox which helped them a great deal when they were facing bankruptcy.
    They also sold the movie rights for Spidey to Sony so......

Plus without the X-Men films starting the boom for superhero movies after that God awful Batman and Robin film we wouldn't even have a MCU right now.
    The X-Movies weren't the catalyst that started the boom for superhero movies.

That singular honor belongs to Blade.

It's funny how so many (including Marvel themselves,) choose to overlook this easily varifiable fact.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 12-26-2016 at 04:41 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    People seem to think that "smartest" means "knows the most." That's not the case. Lunella being the Smartest Person In the World is more a measurement of her raw brain power. Her ability to learn, her problem-solving, her creativity, and all sorts of other things that are distinct from actual knowledge. Lunella knows less than Amadeus Cho, for example, but she's still smarter than he is.
    Quoted for "thinking outside of the box" truth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    The same can be said for Moon Girl who's had minimal appearances in any of the core Inhuman books and has Devil Dinosaur alongside her for added uniqueness.

Agreed.

Unfortunately, that began to change when the X-0ffice arbitarily decided to partion the X-books away from the rest of the supposedly "shared" MU.

They also sold the movie rights for Spidey to Sony so......

The X-Movies weren't the catalyst that started the boom for superhero movies.

That singular honor belongs to Blade.

It's funny how so many (including Marvel themselves,) choose to overlook this easily varifiable fact.

I always feel me it odd between Marvel and Fox the blame is always directed at Marvel and not Fox who have shown for years that they can't make a decent X-Men or Fantastic 4 movie but because Marvel won't continually publish a F4 book so people can continue not buying it and producing multiple X-Men comics complete with brand new mutants it's those dastardly fiends at Marvel causing all the trouble

Speaking of Blade there are some topics the movies touched on that could be explored in the comics as well as other supernatural ideals
    Last edited by Smoov-E; 12-26-2016 at 05:38 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    I always feel me it odd between Marvel and Fox the blame is always directed at Marvel and not Fox who have shown for years that they can't make a decent X-Men or Fantastic 4 movie but because Marvel won't continually publish a F4 book so people can continue not buying it and producing multiple X-Men comics complete with brand new mutants it's those dastardly fiends at Marvel causing all the trouble

Speaking of Blade there are some topics the movies touched on that could be explored in the comics as well as other supernatural ideals

I genuinely miss the Fantastic Four books.

As for Blade, it's unfortunate that Marvel seemed to think pushing a female character on readers expecting to see Blade himself in a well written and illustrated solo book, was a good idea. :smh:

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    This is a difference we hope is recognized. Careless writers would ignore this and write Lunella as coming up with multiple superior devices. I may be a big Reed fan and can accept both Lunella and Valeria as being smarter, but in both cases, there's a lot of science they haven't been exposed to yet. I'm also looking at this from an adult fanboy point of view. Material a younger reader would like to see in Moon Girl may not appeal to me. But different books for different tastes.
    The thing is, Lunella doesn't have access to the same resources as a Richards or a Stark or even a Banner. She's a kid with toys. So she builds a triceratops out of Lego. Is it as good as an Iron Man suit? Of course not. But it's a goddamn triceratops made out of Lego.

So I don't think she'll be building all sorts of crazy super-advanced tech that blows the minds of other super-geniuses. She'll build weird, creative things out of unexpected materials.

It's also important to remember this is, ultimately, a kids book. There's a heavy focus on fun, and keeping things fairly light. So, again, she'll build weird things.

Mighty Member

The thing is, Lunella doesn't have access to the same resources as a Richards or a Stark or even a Banner. She's a kid with toys. So she builds a triceratops out of Lego. Is it as good as an Iron Man suit? Of course not. But it's a goddamn triceratops made out of Lego.

So I don't think she'll be building all sorts of crazy super-advanced tech that blows the minds of other super-geniuses. She'll build weird, creative things out of unexpected materials.

It's also important to remember this is, ultimately, a kids book. There's a heavy focus on fun, and keeping things fairly light. So, again, she'll build weird things.
    Yes, but she will appear in Inhuman vs X-men, Secret warriors etc. I have no problem at all with Lunella who is an interesting character, but making her the smartest there is, it's changing the Marvel Universe. When you will have an earth-changing event, you will have Lunella Lafayette, a kid book character, on the first line with Dr Doom or Iron Man; This will change the tone of the Marvel Universe.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

I think we basically agree. The books not one I follow, but I'd love to see it succeed if it brings in readers from new and different groups.

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Yes, but she will appear in Inhuman vs X-men, Secret warriors etc. I have no problem at all with Lunella who is an interesting character, but making her the smartest there is, it's changing the Marvel Universe. When you will have an earth-changing event, you will have Lunella Lafayette, a kid book character, on the first line with Dr Doom or Iron Man; This will change the tone of the Marvel Universe.
    Doubtful. I don't see Lunella being made central to any events any time soon. She'll be showing up in IvX, but probably in a fairly small role. She'll be in Secret Warriors, but that seems like it's going to be a fairly fun, optimistic book.

People are really over-estimating what Lunella's "Smartest There Is" thing actually means.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    How? It didn't happen with Prodigy and how many minds did he tap into before being kicked out of the X-family and later chumped by Antman.

WHO is going to use her in an event? Minorities are generally excludes, killed off or cheap plot devices in events.

Excluding Static over 20+ years ago-what minority has saved the day in an event? Case can be made for Black Panther's part in Secret Wars and maybe Eli Bradley in his last appearance in Children Crusade.

I doubt we would see her in an event that is Earth changing when so many others of color will be excluded from saving the day. Unless written by Bendis.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    How? It didn't happen with Prodigy and how many minds did he tap into before being kicked out of the X-family and later chumped by Antman.

WHO is going to use her in an event? Minorities are generally excludes, killed off or cheap plot devices in events.

Excluding Static over 20+ years ago-what minority has saved the day in an event? Case can be made for Black Panther's part in Secret Wars and maybe Eli Bradley in his last appearance in Children Crusade.

I doubt we would see her in an event that is Earth changing when so many others of color will be excluded from saving the day. Unless written by Bendis.
    Victor von doom is part of a minority (and he save the day in first time against the beyonders) ... but the roma are discriminated until as a minority
    Last edited by bubibartra; 12-27-2016 at 07:28 AM.

I've really loved this series, it's helped me get my kids into comics(while it and the SuperHero Girl stuff from DC). Hopefully it sticks around, becuase there's not much like it. Hell, I've picked up and reviewed a few issues, and they're just plain fun, like comics were back when I was a kid!

https://sirmarkussite.wordpress.com/...lking-planets/
    http://wp.me/p81uZL-7X
    http://wp.me/p81uZL-29