Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Comic book movies that would be big surprises

Blade 4. Morbius in the movie would be just awesome

Elfquest the movie. I know the Pinis created Elfquest as an independent comic book series but a movie is long overdue. Animated movie would be nice.

A proper Man Thing movie done right.

Silver Surfer. Animated movie would be better. An origin movie I'd be ok with.

Hard to say. I never would have imagined a Guardians movie would have been made, much less been very successful.

However, there are limits...

You'll NEVER see a proper old school DEFENDERS movie made, for the simple reason that they've decided to give that name to their street level heroes.

I'd be doubtful of seeing much if any of the supernatural side of Marvel. Yes, yes, there's Dr. Strange, so you may see some mystics and demons, but good luck with Werewolf By Night, Dracula, Frankenstein's Monster, Living Mummy, Satana, Son of Satan, Devil Slayer, Dr. Druid, etc.

Honestly? It'd be an ever bigger surprise to me if they ever brought back the Fantastic Four (even assuming they get the rights). I think that sucker's buried so deep even the dogs can't find it. And that's a tragedy.

Incredible Member

Agents of Atlas...and not just because I love the series. It's a mermaid, a spaceman, a robot and a talking gorilla. How is it not already an animated action-comedy aimed at kids?

A movie with a woman of colour as the lead. Not expecting that any time in the next 20 years.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

A Howard the Duck Movie after his Cameo in GotG.

A Squirrel Girl Movie would just floor me, that be awesome but a longshot.

Any Movie where it is either a Solo MCU Female or 2-more Female MCU Heroes headlining a Movie. I want to see that more then any movie, a Movie with Black Widow and Scarlet Witch would be EPIC!

Another Solo Hulk Movie that has She-Hulk Introduced!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    A Howard the Duck Movie after his Cameo in GotG.

A Squirrel Girl Movie would just floor me, that be awesome but a longshot.

Any Movie where it is either a Solo MCU Female or 2-more Female MCU Heroes headlining a Movie. I want to see that more then any movie, a Movie with Black Widow and Scarlet Witch would be EPIC!

Another Solo Hulk Movie that has She-Hulk Introduced!
    Captain Marvel?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by keeen View Post
    Agents of Atlas...and not just because I love the series. It's a mermaid, a spaceman, a robot and a talking gorilla. How is it not already an animated action-comedy aimed at kids?

Yes please

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    A movie with a woman of colour as the lead. Not expecting that any time in the next 20 years.
    Why can't they make a Photon/Monica Rambeau and America Chavez buddy movie?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Why can't they make a Photon/Monica Rambeau and America Chavez buddy movie?
    They could. They won't. If Monica appears in the MCU, she'll be a non-powered supporting character. If America appears, it'll be in a team movie, where a white dude - probably a straight white dude - will undoubtedly still get top billing.

We will not get a movie with a woman of colour as the lead any time soon. I will be genuinely shocked if it happens within the next 20 years. We'll get a Speedball solo film well before we get an America Chavez solo film.

I think if Marvel Studios somehow get The Sentry into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, I'd be stunned. In a good way. I think there's a lot of potential there.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows. Continuation of Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by keeen View Post
    You're absolutely right. It is the lowest of the lowest hanging fruit. Not to mention being great. Maybe Jimmy Woo is holding them back. (Just joking.)

Sandy Hausler

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    LOL. I actually wouldn't mind that.

Mighty Member

Ultimates (minus Galactus) is a little too likely. So I'll go with.........a solo Hulk film featuring Jen Walters and The Leader (plus U-Foes) as the main villain.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    brilliant! I'd actually love to see that.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I could see a Blade movie with Blade's daughter being a possibility.

As a practical matter, I'm going to say a solo Inhumans movie (not counting the IMAX special). I think putting them on TV complicates things too much. That's not a prediction that they won't appear in another character's movie, just not headlining it.