Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    As a longterm Strange fan, I've seen Strange awkwardly muck up a lot of relationships with women, including consistently taking them for granted. And, hooking up without much forethought.

It's increased in the last twenty years, but it's in no way limited even to that, on its own lengthy stretch of time.
    Really? Not been a avid follower of his adventures, I can't say I was even aware he had a sex life. Obviously I know about Clea but ..... that's about it. Anyone well known?

Mighty Member

What I like about Strange is that he is a realist. He is friend with Doctor Doom, during the Secret War he was his second in command, and when the future of our reality is in danger, he will do what is necessary. He is a hero but he is also the sorcerer supreme and defending his reality is his first interest. But he is not a supergenius, and I don't see this as a problem: he is not a strategist as good than Captain America, he is not as intelligent than Stark, but contrary to a lot of super-heroes he sees the map, not the territory.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Really? Not been a avid follower of his adventures, I can't say I was even aware he had a sex life. Obviously I know about Clea but ..... that's about it. Anyone well known?
    Night Nurse was his girl friend for awhile. Not sure I'd say she's exactly well known but she's an existing character in the MU.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Night Nurse was his girl friend for awhile. Not sure I'd say she's exactly well known but she's an existing character in the MU.
    Dead Girl leaps to mind.

Victoria Bentley has alternately accused him of binning her as a romantic partner and as an apprentice (which, of the two, is probably fairer). He kept a overly sexualized slave for awhile, Sister Nil. But there were reasons and it was meant to be squicky. Clea often-times felt used by Strange, and this was the backbone of the alternate reality comic, Earth X. Jennifer Kale had a thing for Strange, but I can't remember it ever coming to anything. He moved back to his hometown to be with his high school sweetheart at the end of an ongoing. Obviously, it didn't pan out.

Possibly others if I stop and keep thinking.

But, nobody "famous" really.
    Last edited by t hedge coke; 12-23-2016 at 10:04 PM.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

People are giving him too much credit for being a brain surgeon. There are LOTS of brain surgeons in the world. Even if he was the #1 surgeon and a genius... that still wouldn't put him in 'create interdimensional portals out of toothpicks and bubble gum' level that the MU has set up.

Strange knows whatever he needs to know about supernatural stuff... but that's not very useful information if you're offworld or in the microverse or whatever... It's a entirely different skill set. Strange is arguably the most POWERFUL hero on earth... but that's not the same thing as being the 'smartest'. The way I look at it is this... if you dropped Reed, Tony and Stephen off on an alien world without their tech in a land without magic... Who is going to build the ship to get them home? Without his 'powers' Stephen has his medical knowledge... but that just doesn't rate up there with guys like Reed, Doom, and Tony.

Also, I really dislike the 'top 10' lists. Frankly, I think if you were going to hit a Top 10 smartest characters... Reed would probably be the only GOOD GUY on it. Doctor Doom, Leader, Mad Thinker, Ultron... I mean, being geniuses is all they ever have going for them. Hank McCoy?? Mutant scientist/Geneticist? Why would he rate?? What has he ever REALLY done that Mr. Sinister hasn't?

Banner gets a lot of lip service too... but he's not REALLY that smart. He created a bomb that did NOT do what it was supposed to... and he's built hundreds of gamma Leeching 'Hulk cures'... that never actually WORKED... His success rate is REALLY low.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Banner gets a lot of lip service too... but he's not REALLY that smart. He created a bomb that did NOT do what it was supposed to... and he's built hundreds of gamma Leeching 'Hulk cures'... that never actually WORKED... His success rate is REALLY low.
    His success with the Hulk, specifically, is low. His success rate with other inventions and innovations is pretty good. He never seems left behind in a conversation, either, or with someone else's work. He does lack the ambition of someone like Reed Richards.

Really, the smartest humans on the MU Earth are probably Street Poet Ray and some old woman in Latveria who runs a small speakeasy and hasn't paid taxes in forty years.

"Smart" is too much amphigoric. You need a category that's more precise, then you can really start to try to break it down.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)