Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Don't forget Moon Girl.
    I dont' and never read moon girl so I have no idea of her capabilities

not a slight, just ignorance of what the character is and does
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    There was a bit not too long ago with Tony telling Strange "Doctor" in his title was a little pretentious. Reed Richards is a doctor and it's not in his name. Etc. Tony has doctorates, but it's not in his.

Strange pointed out Mr Fantastic and Iron Man aren't exactly humble titles to pick for yourself, either.

They all take this stuff too seriously. Strange has bigger things to worry about. Umar. The Nightcrawler. Satannish. His hemorrhoids flaring back up.
    Wait, I read that on text by superheroes, you are telling me it happened in an actual comic?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I dont' and never read moon girl so I have no idea of her capabilities

not a slight, just ignorance of what the character is and does
    My post was a pathetic attempt at a joke. I haven't read Moon Girl either.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Wait, I read that on text by superheroes, you are telling me it happened in an actual comic?
    Unless I'm severely misremembering. Or, conflating two things.

Which could easily happen. I want it to be an Avengers comic from around the time Waid was on Hulk.

But, now you got me doubting myself.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

He's probably considered one of the smartest. Just not top 10 smartest.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    There was a bit not too long ago with Tony telling Strange "Doctor" in his title was a little pretentious. Reed Richards is a doctor and it's not in his name. Etc. Tony has doctorates, but it's not in his.
    What? Are you trying to say Doctor means anything other than like, medical doctor?

Invincible Member

Yeah, growing up I always thought that he was one of the smartest, he's just not "scientist".

Invincible Member

My post was a pathetic attempt at a joke. I haven't read Moon Girl either.
    Careful, you might be opening a can of worms. Somebody might start claiming that Moon Girl's mere existence disrespects Doom and Reed and she didn't "earn" her title...

I thought he was considered one of the smartest people in the Marvel Universe. I mean he might not be as smart as Reed or Tony or Banner but he is a least in the top five.

Extraordinary Member

Dr. Strange is one of the world foremost experts in in several specific areas of knowledge (the occult, medicine, dead languages).

That doesn't make him the kind of generalist go-to genius that Hank McCoy is let alone Reed Richards.

If trapped on an desert island, those guys depowered could build a sailboat while explaining the principles of buoyancy and wind resistance that make it work
    to anybody unlucky enough to be trapped there with them.

Doc without magic would be reduced to building a crude raft and paddle and hoping for the best.

Niffleheim

His expertise falls under mysticism or magic while him being a neurosurgeon is something that he had to give up to become Supreme in something else.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I've always seen him as someone who was smart when it came to mysticism, magic or neurosurgery (albeit his knowledge may be out-of-date). In other areas however, he may be lacking in the knowledge department but I still consider him to be a smart man.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I have never liked how some of the big brains in the marvel u are treated as knowing everything about everything. Even guys like Stark and McCoy should just be very good in their main field and not able to just pull stuff out of their ass on every subject. Especially Reed Richards. The man is a genius but that does not mean he should be able to solve every problem. I like it better when they are being shown to be the best at their fields and not just the magic Mcguffin that knows everything about everything.

Incredible Member

I think the term wise would fit him more.

For him not being considered smart is not an issue for me and more why is he a womanizer nowdays.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I have never liked how some of the big brains in the marvel u are treated as knowing everything about everything. Even guys like Stark and McCoy should just be very good in their main field and not able to just pull stuff out of their ass on every subject. Especially Reed Richards. The man is a genius but that does not mean he should be able to solve every problem. I like it better when they are being shown to be the best at their fields and not just the magic Mcguffin that knows everything about everything.