Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Star Wars (X-Version)

With Rogue One playing in theaters, and Ressurrxion being just a few months away, plus the Christmas spirit kicking in, I figured this'd be a fun little game. Now, there are two ways to go about this: Simply replace the characters from SW with X-Chars that most resemble them, or restructure the X-Verse to more closely resemble the "galaxy far, far away". Now, since I'm starting this thread, I'll go with the latter. So, let's get to it!

CHARACTERS:

PT Era:

1) Obi-Wan Kenobi / Charles Xavier
    2) Anakin Skywalker / Max Eisenhardt
    3) Qui-Gon Jin / Victor Von Doom
    4) Padme Amidala / Emma Frost
    5) Counselor Palpatine / Nathaniel Essex
    6) Yoda / Logan
    7) Darth Maul / Sabretooth
    8) Darth Tyrranus / Sebastian Shaw
    9) Ahsoka Tano / Betsy Braddock

OT Era:

1) Luke Skywalker / Scott Summers
    2) Leia Organa / Wanda Maximoff
    3) Han Solo / Fantomex
    4) Chewbacka / Nightcrawler
    5) C-3PO / Warlock
    6) R2-D2 / Danger
    7) Lando Calrissian / Warren Worthington
    8) Sana Starros / Ororo Munroe
    9) Ben Kenobi / Professor X
    10) Yoda / Old Man Logan
    11) Darth Sidious / Mister Sinister
    12) Darth Vader / Magneto
    13) Grand Moff Tarkin / Mystique
    14) Bounty Hunters (Boba Fett, Dengar, Zuckus, 4-Lom, Bossk, IG-88) / Deadpool, Domino, Spiral, Sauron, Omega Red, Lady Deathstrike
    15) Jabba The Hutt / Mojo

ST Era:

1) Rey / Rogue
    2) Finn / Colossus
    3) Poe Dameron / Gambit
    4) Kylo Ren / Pietro Maximoff
    5) General Hux / Holocaust
    6) Maz Kanata / Destiny
    [7) Mara Jade / Jean Grey]-Non-Canon as of now

Now, as you can see, I've made some changes to the various relationships between the characters. Pietro is no longer Wanda's brother, but rather her and Fantomex's son. You might cringe at the idea of Fantomex as Han, but Gambit fits Poe better, and I like Fanto, so deal with it(!). C-3PO & R2-D2 did prove a problem, but I went with characters that fit their personalities, and can be present both in the PT, OT & ST without age-related issues. Making Wanda & Scott siblings might seem weird, but they both fit their counterparts' characters so well, that I figured it'd be all right. Just pretend the Summers play the role of Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen, and the Maximoffs the role of Bail Organa. Making Emma Frost Magneto's lover is a bit out there, but eh, she fits the role.

The thing that'll be more difficult though, will be applying the world of Star Wars to the X-Verse. Now, I think I'd go with something like this:

-The Force is the "Celestial Seed" or "Celestial Will". It's basically the X-Gene, but it's a specific sequence that exists in everything in the universe, thus binding everything together, like in SW.

-The Celestials aren't literal gods in this version, rather pure children of the "Celestial Seed", hence their name.

-The mutants are the Force-Sensitives of ths Universe.

-Magneto follows a similar path to Anakin's. Instead of being a slave, he was a victim of the HYDRA Wars (the analogue of Nazi Party from real life/MU), which was the result of humans making a failed attempt to wipe out the mutants on Earth. That was pointless however, as many other planets had been colonized, and they were few in numbers. Nevertheless, they were aggressive and savage, and thus managed to do a whole lot of damage.

-Victor Von Doom (in the role of QGJ) is a normal human, who became a mutate, in order to bridge the two communities. He keeps that a secret, and poses as a normal mutant (his powers include TK, Mind-Reading, and mostly the stuff from the Ultimate U) believing that sometimes lies are necessary (thus keeping in line with the theories that QGJ was a Grey Jedi).

-Essex is a politician in the Galactic Council, who's also a mutate, though he was a student of Apocalypse (the Darth Palgueis of this U). He seduces Magneto much in the same vein as in the SW films. The difference is that Apocalypse mutated him on a molecular level, so he's very much a real mutant at this point.

-Most alien races in the galaxy are part of the Galactic Council (think of it like the Jedi Council analogue).

-The Brotherhood (Empire analogue) believes in Mutant Superioty (much like the Empire was compromised mostly of humans and looked down upon aliens), but uses regular humans mostly as Sentinels (Stormtrooper analogues). The Nimrods are mutates, but not at the point of Essex. More like Deadpool.

-Because having a space opera take place on modern day Earth would be boring AF, let's try some revisionist history:

*The Celestial Seed/Force would create Monoliths in planets that could support life, effectively jump-starting evolution and making it work much faster.

*The humans whose genetic material compliments the X-Gene, are the mutants/force users. The Seed connects everyone and everything, but only those who are "one" with it can use it. Nevertheless, even humans would've been much smarter on an average level than we are.

*Thus, humanity/mutantkind moved at a much faster pace, and by the year the series takes place, we're already at Super Sci-Fi level. I mean, hell, even the current MU should look like that, considering all the crazy feats the science guys have.

*And so, we're at a Universe which looks more like Planet X from Uncanny Avengers.

So, there you have it! It's still a bit rough (especially the world building part, but it's late and I'm out of ideas) and I didn't include Pre-PT characters and events due to the new canon, and yes, I did change a bunch of relationships, but eh, it was fun! So, don't leave me hanging. Give me your ideas, versions and have fun, as that's the most important thing of these threads!

PS: To make it more inclusive, we can pretend characters like Nightcralwer, Sauron, Spiral and the like are alien mutants, just to give it a more "Star Wars-y" feel.

EDIT: I guess it could be modified so that the "Jedi and Sith" would be the mutants that can use TK, Telepathy and such powers. Every mutant would have the abllity to learn/aquire these powers through training (yes, even Wolverine), but some would be able to use it more efficiently, while others would be able to intergrate it into their fighting style. So you'd have the powerful "Force-Users" like Jean or Xavier, and the more bruiser types, like Wolvie or Scott. It's not ideal, but eh, it works well enough.

EDIT2: The Jedi of this U could be called Eternals (makes sense if you consider the Force-Ghosts), and the Sith would be the Deviants (considering their whole purpose is personal gain).
    Last edited by Darthkostis; 12-23-2016 at 02:29 AM.

I disagree with Han as Fantomex - Han is likeable and Fantomex is not.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I disagree with Han as Fantomex - Han is likeable and Fantomex is not.

...and most people's. Yeah, I know, but I think their personalities much at a basic level. They both started off as self-centered pricks who didn't believe in anything greater than themselves, be it an idea or something spiritual, but slowly grew into more compassionate and caring people. Folks think of the Morrison version only, and probably detest the Psylocke/Fanto relationship, but he did develop as a character since his inception. He showed genuine concern and love for Evan, and even Betsy. Either way, it was gonna be either Fanto or Gambit, and I put Gambit as Poe, so...suck it! Just kidding, but hey, you can do your own version! I guess you could swap him for Longshot. Hmm, I can actually see Longshot being a good fit.
    Last edited by Darthkostis; 12-22-2016 at 05:32 PM.

Some edits...

2) Leia Organa / Rogue
    3) Han Solo / Gambit
    4) Chewbacca / Nightcrawler
    12) Darth Vader / Mystique
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

More (i.e. better) Edits:

Anakin Skywalker / Scott Summers
    Padme Amidala / Jean Grey

Luke Skywalker / Nathan Dayspring Askani'Son Summers
    Princess Leia Organa / Rachel Grey

You forgot: The Death Star / Dark Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    You forgot: The Death Star / Dark Phoenix
    Perfect comparison. If you shoot Phoenix in her tiny hole she explodes as well.

Gambit is Han Solo.
    This pic is perfect
    http://www.diary.ru/~VivaLaMarvelHet/p180545878.htm?oam

8) Darth Tyrranus / Iceman (think of AoA)
    Gonna need a hell of lot more of an explanation as to why you think Iceman any version of him equates to Christopher Lee.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Gonna need a hell of lot more of an explanation as to why you think Iceman any version of him equates to Christopher Lee.
    Oh damn, my bad. I was thinking of Iceman as an Ahsoka analogue and I messed it up. I was going with Shaw for Dooku. Thanks for catching that!

Extraordinary Member

Are pre-films EU allowed?

Magik as either Darth Revan or Darth Zannah. Zannah is more analogous to the earlier part of her life, and Revan is more analogous to her life after escaping Limbo.

Belasco-Darth Bane.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Are pre-films EU allowed?

Magik as either Darth Revan or Darth Zannah. Zannah is more analogous to the earlier part of her life, and Revan is more analogous to her life after escaping Limbo.

Belasco-Darth Bane.
    Sure, why not. I didn't add any EU characters apart from Mara, but this thread is about having fun, so knock yourself out!

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Either way, it was gonna be either Fanto or Gambit, and I put Gambit as Poe, so...suck it! Just kidding, but hey, you can do your own version! I guess you could swap him for Longshot. Hmm, I can actually see Longshot being a good fit.
    I adore Han, but Longshot could never ever play his part. Han Solo is the embodiment of irony and trickery. Longshot doesn't know neither understand slyness, he's as transparent as can be --too much natural, actually.

Positively, Gambit.

(Mojo as Jabba the Hutt is just perfect, though )

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    I adore Han, but Longshot could never ever play his part. Han Solo is the embodiment of irony and trickery. Longshot doesn't know neither understand slyness, he's as transparent as can be --too much natural, actually.

Positively, Gambit.

(Mojo as Jabba the Hutt is just perfect, though )
    Thing is, Han has luck on his side (so much that there are theories that he's Force sensitive) and we all know what Longshot's thing is. I do agree that Gambit is perfect, but I needed a Poe, and I like Fantomex (in contrast with most people), so I approached it like that. Still, the important thing is to have fun and come up with a more-or-less logical cast.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Thing is, Han has luck on his side (so much that there are theories that he's Force sensitive) and we all know what Longshot's thing is.
    Now, that's a point... However, Han copes with his luck in such a gloomy and cynical way that I'd rather be inclined to put Quark on his role . Even their costumes are similar!

How do you like it? I know, I know, where's the charm...