Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Oh well, I guess this disproves my theory that Emma was mentally controlling Storm in that moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Oh well, I guess this disproves my theory that Emma was mentally controlling Storm in that moment...
    OR....it explains her confusion/uncertainty and subsequent "head grabbing" ....?

IVX #1: Ok, votes done. We're fighting the Inhumans. Suck it, Beast
    EXM #17: I don't know

Dear god writers, quit trying to pretend the X-Men are facing some horrifying moral dilemma where they are forced to attack an innocent people. The Inhumans started it. They've done jack to help. And most importantly: they killed Scott! They deserve to lose their sacred f**king death cloud at this point!

Quote Originally Posted by Agronac919 View Post
    EXM #17: I don't know
    they killed Scott!
    And Madrox.
    Don't forget ol' Jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    All X-Men are X-Men because of their mutant powers. That's kind of a requirement. He's there because he dependable and loyal. Every time someone does something interesting with him, it's either ignored completely or disregarded by the next writer.

And probably not, but that's not Iceman's fault, that's Marvel's.
    I'm talking about his power being the main thing that makes him interesting. Not why he is an X-Men. It's obvious that you need power to be an X-Men...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'm just sayin, fair Hari, that all Logan contributed was mention the dog.
    Anyone could've brought that up. Loads of X-folks know about the dog. Or...I assume they do.
    I guess that's on me. Maybe its not common knowledge.

I'm keeping in context of the character and it's continuity, not my personal feels.

To cranger I ask when? It actually matters since you know War knowledge is power in this and most of the x-men didn't factor lockjaw.

Not that it matters beast summoned the leaders of various factions in the mutant community last i checked when looking at IvX 1

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

I know lots of people don't like it but I like it when storm is aggressive I never liked pacifist storm.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I know lots of people don't like it but I like it when storm is aggressive I never liked pacifist storm.
    Storm has never really been a pacifist this is Lemire thinking that Storm is a Chump.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Adult Iceman should join Rogue, Cable and Deadpool on the Uncanny Avengers. Along with (All New) Wolverine. Since they don't have teams at the moment, that could be fun. With Rogue and Cable it would be like a mini reunion of Mike Carey's "Supernovas" X-men team, and having him interact with Human Torch would be great too. Keep Torch, Wasp and Doctor Voodoo to round out the cast. Ditch Synapse and Quicksilver. So...

...Rogue, Cable, Human Torch, Wasp, Iceman, Deadpool, Doctor Voodoo and Wolverine.

Killer freakin' lineup right there!
    I'd love this. He'd fit in great.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Storm has never really been a pacifist this is Lemire thinking that Storm is a Chump.
    You're kinda true I wonder why some fans think she's a pacifist though I think the only proof of her being somewhat pacifist is there is indeed times where storm doesn't want a conflict and prefers a peaceful diplomatic solution.

So when people say she's out of character like for example some people thought when she hit beast with lightning to stop him from snitching to the inhumans about their plan a lot of reviewers especially on YouTube thought it was out of character I didn't it's a perfect example of storm willing to go to extremes if the situation really is that dire and desperate.

I agree that lemire's characterization of storm definitely could've been better.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    ALL in ALL this Preview of Extra X-Men does none of the characters Justice...at all.
    ... I was expecting the glowing eyes of doom and "we're going to war."

Would've been somewhat badass...
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

This book has done an "extraordinary" job of showing that Storm should lose her job to Kitty...or Glob Herman...or anyone really.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

BANNED

You're kinda true I wonder why some fans think she's a pacifist though I think the only proof of her being somewhat pacifist is there is indeed times where storm doesn't want a conflict and prefers a peaceful diplomatic solution.

So when people say she's out of character like for example some people thought when she hit beast with lightning to stop him from snitching to the inhumans about their plan a lot of reviewers especially on YouTube thought it was out of character I didn't it's a perfect example of storm willing to go to extremes if the situation really is that dire and desperate.

I agree that lemire's characterization of storm definitely could've been better.
    Exactly! That's pretty much how CC, Brian wood, and CG Wilson wrote her

Incredible Member

Storm is being OOC for plot convenience, she isn't a fan of violence but when she needs to use it, she will, no doubt about it. No way she would have left a poisonous cloud roam the earth and kill all those mutants during 8 friggin months.

And the OOCness apply to her powers too.
    Last edited by lollie_poppy; 12-23-2016 at 02:32 PM.

Well i liked that she felt guilty for electrocuting Beast, but at the start she was all gung ho to go to war and no she doesn't, and it seems rather cliche and tasteless that they need to kill a little girl to get her to go 100% on this (if Elixir can cure M-pox, why doesn't nobody bring him there and cure those mutants at least?). This also makes me beg the question what is it she does exactly that makes her give up leadership to Kitty? I mean it has to be something bad enough to make her question her role as leader.

Also how is OML higher up in the food chain than Iceman again? I mean they went through all the trouble of revealing he was gay all this time but haven't done anything at all, he was there trying to save mutants from the second cloud and when he saw "Cyclops" but after that nothing...why did we have to wait for Post IvX for him to get his own series? Hell the younger version of him seems to get more screen time.

I just don't where they are going with this characters anymore to be honest.
    Last edited by Hulkout42; 12-23-2016 at 02:49 PM.