Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    Apparently there's a higher chance of a comic book getting canceled if too many readers wait for the trade.
    I've never fully bought that argument.

When deciding what to cancel and what to give a trade to first to see if it has an audience there, they will take into account various factors. One of those factors will be the sales of the monthly, so in theory, if you have a particular favourite you might be able to improve its individual chances by buying the monthly. If that happens a lot though, the relationship between the sales of a comic and the trades will shift so higher monthly sales would be required to guarantee a trade.

I recently starting reading comics regularly again and over the summer was at the comic shop almost every week and spending like 20 bucks or so. Now I am thinking of just going back to trades/ hardcovers/ collections to read the story in one go as it's cheaper. But it's cool to have somewhat of a comic collection now ha.

BANNED

If it's a short series of 4 to 6 issues I will buy the single issues.

The only time that I'll buy trade paperbacks is if the trades have a good amount like what the Astonishing X Men Ultimate collection volume 1 has. 12 issues that's Worth buying the trade fir anyway.

I'm not gonna waste money on a short trade if it only has like3-4 issues. Waste of money to do that

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I recently starting reading comics regularly again and over the summer was at the comic shop almost every week and spending like 20 bucks or so. Now I am thinking of just going back to trades/ hardcovers/ collections to read the story in one go as it's cheaper. But it's cool to have somewhat of a comic collection now ha.
    having a reason to go to the shop every week and check out new stuff has a definite appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by noiseredux View Post
    having a reason to go to the shop every week and check out new stuff has a definite appeal.
    Yea it does. Plus my local comic book shop is run by some very cool people and the other costumers are also pretty cool. They all have recommended me some great comics I wouldn't have paid any attention to otherwise in addition to the main stream Marvel and DC stuff. Hopefully, a few of these comics will be worth something one day ha.