Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Will we lose current books during RessurXion?

Some of the new books appear to be replacing current books, such as All-New's cast being close to Gold's and Extraordinary's similar to Blue's. And since Blue and Gold are biweekly I doubt they'll keep all the current titles.

The one I think might be kept is Uncanny. Most of it's cast has yet to be seen in ResurrXion-related stuff, and it would be weird for Marvel not to publish an Uncanny X-Men book (not that they've never done that).

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

unless they pull a swerve all books end in March. Ressurreextion begins in April. Uncanny cant exist anymore. ay least with the current team Magneto is heading to Blue. so no more dark x-men team lol.

its a relainch era. no neef for Exm, uxm or Anxm to exist anymore
    X-Men Forever

Well the Dark X-Men team is essentially Weapon X. But it looks like the only books that'll continue going are the solos OML, AN Wolverine, and the Deadpool books if you count them.

Yeah. We're losing three books, gaining seven. That's a win, surely?

The current team books. But Extreme and All New are more or less living on in Blue and Gold given the rosters.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by tvonradio View Post
    Some of the new books appear to be replacing current books, such as All-New's cast being close to Gold's and Extraordinary's similar to Blue's. And since Blue and Gold are biweekly I doubt they'll keep all the current titles.

The one I think might be kept is Uncanny. Most of it's cast has yet to be seen in ResurrXion-related stuff, and it would be weird for Marvel not to publish an Uncanny X-Men book (not that they've never done that).
    I think you got it switched there.

It would feel incredibly awkward and off if there was no Uncanny X-Men running.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    It would feel incredibly awkward and off if there was no Uncanny X-Men running.
    That's my one hang up. Though a quick fix would be to just label them Uncanny X-men Blue and Gold.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

It would add insult to injury if there were no Uncanny X-Men, but Uncanny Inhumans and Uncanny Avengers still kept the adjective.

It's pretty apparent that all current books (except the solos) are ending and being replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    It would add insult to injury if there were no Uncanny X-Men, but Uncanny Inhumans and Uncanny Avengers still kept the adjective.
    Agreed. Despite how much I'm enjoyed UA, Uncanny belongs to the X-Men. There should always be an Uncanny X-Men.

Personally, I think there should always be an Uncanny X-Men, X-Men, Avengers, and New Avengers. I don't know why, that's just how my mind works, and I'm sticking to it.

I think they could cancel Uncanny and then bring it back after a few months with a new lineup and creative team.

The only issue with doing this that I can see is that if the lineup and creative is better than Blue or Gold (which wouldn't be hard) people will flock to read that book instead of the flagships.

Hmm...have Duggan relaunch Uncanny Avengers as Uncanny X-men, with Rogue, Cable, Iceman (adult), Deadpool, Psylocke, Wolverine (Laura) and Forge. Money.

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

I don't know I just kind of assumed that the team books was being cancel for the ResurreXion titles. But who knows maybe there is still a surprise out there and maybe a new Uncanny X-men coming its way. Maybe Marvel wants to see how successful Blue and Gold are before releasing more X-men comics.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

We probably will lose a few books, but only because new books will be continuing those stories. X-men Blue effectively renders All-New X-men redundant. X-men Gold does the same with Extraordinary. Those titles just aren't necessary anymore so it's okay to lose them.

We also don't know what's going to happen with Old Man Logan. We know All-New Wolverine is continuing, according to Tom Taylor, but Old Man Logan remains somewhat up in the air. With the Weapon X series by Greg Pak coming up, it may not be necessary either. Now a days, it's Deadpool who gets multiple books more than Wolverine and until the Logan movie comes out, I don't see that changing.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.