Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I second everyone calling for a new Uncanny X-Men volume. The idea of Emma Frost leading a new Uncanny team is awesome (with Psylocke, Archangel, M, Magik, Banshee...).
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I second everyone calling for a new Uncanny X-Men volume. The idea of Emma Frost leading a new Uncanny team is awesome (with Psylocke, Archangel, M, Magik, Banshee...).
    That would be awesome! If that were to happen I would totally buy that book.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

All-New Member

Thanks for everyone's input, glad to hear I'm not the only one who wants an Uncanny volume running.
    This. Lack of Emma, Magik and Psylocke was by far my biggest disappointment with the RessurXion announcements (that and the artist on Jean Grey, but that's another matter). Get someone like Pichelli or Schiti to draw it and it would sell like crazy.

I think the majority of X-Men fans would like to see an Uncanny volume. ESPECIALLY with the amount of big time mutants not currently slotted to appear in ResurrXion yet.

I genuinely hope Uncanny returns as a surprise addition in a few months.
    Too much to hope for a return to the original numbering, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

No chance. We'll get number 1's until #700 roles around... then back to another set of relaunches until #800.. wash, rinse, repeat.

I hope they bring Uncanny back as a real xmen team since people weren't feeling the Xforcey feel of Magnetos team.

They should have any Uncanny Xmen team of: Havok, Psylocke, Polaris, Blink, Archangel, Gambit, or Magik.

They can make it happen and I hope they bring that title back.

I find it interesting that many of the interviews about the new Cable series keep stating that he'll be stepping into a "patriarch" role with the absence of Professor X, Cyclops and Logan. Not sure how he's going to manage that if he's just jumping around the timestream trying to stop this new enemy. Leads me to believe that there's more to this set up than has been revealed thus far, and perhaps he's going back and forth on his missions through time and also adventures here in the present day. Like he used to do back in the early 90s.

Link to comments: http://www.newsarama.com/32508-x-men...esurrxion.html

Having said that, the last Uncanny Avengers issue kind of hints that after this Red Skull storyline, once he gets his time travel tech back up and working, that he's gone from that team. So I would absolutely love if he and Emma kept the Uncanny X-men title going with a team of mutants who haven't landed on any team yet in ResurrXion (e.g., Psylocke, Archangel, Magik, Wolverine, etc.).

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    ESPECIALLY with the amount of big time mutants not currently slotted to appear in ResurrXion yet.
    I agree. I'm wondering if Marvel is holding back on announcing some books until after IvX ends.

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    It would add insult to injury if there were no Uncanny X-Men, but Uncanny Inhumans and Uncanny Avengers still kept the adjective.
    Uncanny Inhumans is also gone.

All-New Member

Wasnt there a big advertisement for a former leader to return from the dead? Doesnt look like any are on the new rosters. With any luck, Uncanny will be a surprise reveal.

Im confused about All New X-men. The title doesnt seem needed since most of the roster is on Blue and the relaunch of Gen X. But I could have sworn I saw an ad for All New X-men 1 with all the new releases.

BANNED

I feel like Uncanny is being split between Blue (Magneto) and Weapon X (Sabretooth, general tone). Weapon X probably most functionally replaces it, and the book itself was a more thematic replacement for previous X-Forces anyway.

I'll miss Psylocke but it's not like she won't be back sooner or later. Monet might still pop up as part of the HFC too, I doubt Bunn is done with them just yet.

I think we're going to see Uncanny X-men down the line. With some of the casts that haven't been included in the Blue, Gold, Weapon X and Generation X.
    Maybe with Emma, Psylocke, Archangel, Havok, Forge, Gambit and Dazzler?

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    We also don't know what's going to happen with Old Man Logan. We know All-New Wolverine is continuing, according to Tom Taylor, but Old Man Logan remains somewhat up in the air. With the Weapon X series by Greg Pak coming up, it may not be necessary either. Now a days, it's Deadpool who gets multiple books more than Wolverine and until the Logan movie comes out, I don't see that changing.
    OML is outselling All New Wolverine. If Marvel is going to cancel either of the solo titles it should be the one less fans are enjoying. Canceling OML will cement this as the worst era for Marvel since the 90s.

I doubt OML is getting cancelled. We do know that it is losing Sorrentino though.