Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I'm still holding out hope for a Ron Garney return to Wolverine. Or McNiven. What's he been up to since Logan's death?
    They're gonna need somebody good on OML if they want its solid sales to continue. Right now I think it's the top seller of all of the X-books.

It's possible that it won't be continuing, with OML featured in X-men Gold and Weapon X. Guess we'll find out soon enough...

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Like Thunderbolts currently? Fans were glad to see the original team reunited, but the book isn't selling well and most of the complaints seem to be about the art.
    Yeah, you can also look at Si Spurriers X-Men: Legacy (aka Legion) run. That was a nearly flawless run only spoiled by the lack luster art of Huat. I guess it was just his style, but it was just messy and nondescript IMO. I see he was going for stylized, but I think it hurt the book more than helped. If you werent invested, I dont see how you'd be interested if just picked up off the rack.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    They're gonna need somebody good on OML if they want its solid sales to continue. Right now I think it's the top seller of all of the X-books.

It's possible that it won't be continuing, with OML featured in X-men Gold and Weapon X. Guess we'll find out soon enough...
    Coipel Coipel Coipel.

That would really stink if it didn't continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

It sells too well to be canceled I imagine Lemire has a bunch more stories to tell and the being in multiple books thing is what Wolverine did for years and I don't even know how many ongoings Deadpool is starring in right now so three books is nothing if you ask me.

BANNED

Lemire doesn't have more stories to tell, he's been retelling the same story since OML started.

If the book continues it needs a new writer more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Lemire doesn't have more stories to tell, he's been retelling the same story since OML started.

This seems to be a minority opinion, considering it's praise here and reviews in general.

BANNED

This seems to be a minority opinion, considering it's praise here and reviews in general.
    Sorrentino's been carrying it. Period.

And lol, don't let my "minority opinion" bother you. The mainstream loves garbage.

And lol, don't let my "minority opinion" bother you. The mainstream loves garbage.
    Pulling Lemire is the other thing Marvel could do that would cement this as the worst era for the company since the 90s. Fans want stories that reestablish the character as he was in the 80s/ early 90s. That's what we are getting.

What exactly has been the same about the stories? If you're reading the book right now the stories couldn't be any more different hell they just finished a vampire arc and a ninja arc how is that the same?

Don't be so offended. I'm just saying that your opinion isn't a popular one regarding Lemire's Old Man Logan. You're entitled to it and frankly, I don't care how you feel about it. Just stating the facts. Sorry the book is too "mainstream" for your liking. Whatever that means.

BANNED

Don't be so offended. I'm just saying that your opinion isn't a popular one regarding Lemire's Old Man Logan. You're entitled to it and frankly, I don't care how you feel about it. Just stating the facts. Sorry the book is too "mainstream" for your liking. Whatever that means.
    If you really didn't care you wouldn't rush to defense force this beautiful yet mediocre book. It's pretty apparent who the offended party was here and why.

If you really didn't care you wouldn't rush to defense force this beautiful yet mediocre book. It's pretty apparent who the offended party was here and why.
    Whatever helps you sleep at night. All I said was that your opinion seemed to be a rare one among those who read the book. Of how Lemire's spinning in circles and the book is garbage is the first I've seen, so I made note of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimates View Post
    Pulling Lemire is the other thing Marvel could do that would cement this as the worst era for the company since the 90s. Fans want stories that reestablish the character as he was in the 80s/ early 90s. That's what we are getting.
    Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    What exactly has been the same about the stories? If you're reading the book right now the stories couldn't be any more different hell they just finished a vampire arc and a ninja arc how is that the same?
    The format and theme has been identical nearly every arc. Future/Past intercuts, Logan facing his trauma, glacially slow pacing and heavy padding. It was neat the first time but Lemire and Sorrentino have been a one trick pony and it's getting old. They mix up the guest stars and bad guys and that's mostly it.

I'll admit I did enjoy the recent vampire arc though. Probably becuse with it Lemire threw his constantly recycled format out the window and did sonething else for once, and in just 2 dense issues no less. If he keeps going this route then fine, but if it's just going to go back to the usual then don't bother. Maybe just getting a new artist is enough to break the cycle?
    Last edited by DDM; 12-27-2016 at 09:24 AM.

BANNED

Whatever helps you sleep at night. All I said was that your opinion seemed to be a rare one among those who read the book. Of how Lemire's spinning in circles and the book is garbage is the first I've seen, so I made note of it.
    I never called it garbage, seems more like you're oversensitive to any criticism regarding this book. And my core complaint (same thing over and over) is hardly a novel complaint here either, even if people like the series.

I actually agree that Sorrentino has been carrying it. That's not to say I haven't enjoyed it. I have. But each issue feels a little thin on its own. If not for the beautiful art I'd have been quite bored with this series.

If the book is to continue with a new artist, I say get a new writer as well. That would be my vote.