Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Alien: Covenant Trailer

This trailer didn't work for me at all. It feels like Ridley Scott thought to solve the problems audiences had with Prometheus, was simply to remake Alien/Prometheus allover again. I hope it's just a general-audience trailer and that the story of the movie brings newer concepts, new stories and elements to the franchise.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I wasn't impressed by the trailer either. It felt.....hollow, some how.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Astonishing Member

Snore - let's look into the weird egg thing! Never saw that coming. Oh, somethings bursting out of you - never saw that coming. Let's blow up the Death Star through a hole in it - never saw that coming.

Personally, I wasn't too impressed with this for reasons already said. Still hoping for the best though.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Snore - let's look into the weird egg thing! Never saw that coming. Oh, somethings bursting out of you - never saw that coming. Let's blow up the Death Star through a hole in it - never saw that coming.
    Yeah, we've been through this before
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

BANNED

Last year ago everyone wanted Ridley Scott to make a classic Alien movie with xenomorphs. But now everyone lost interest in a true Alien movie?
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 12-28-2016 at 02:30 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I'm a sucker for these movies, so I'm going to watch it with an open mind.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by kingmyth View Post
    Last year ago everyone wanted Ridley Scott to make a classic Alien movie with xenomorphs. But now everyone lost interest in a true Alien movie?
    There's a difference between going back to the basics and a carbon copy. (*Cough**Cough* Force Awakens *Cough*) I'm not saying the films gonna be the latter but the trailer definitely gave that feel.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 12-28-2016 at 02:30 PM.

BANNED

Didn't look like he looked into it to me. Of course somethings going to burst out of you in an Alien movie. Why are you bringing Star Wars into this?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    There's a difference between going back to the basics and a carbon copy. (*Cough**Cough* Force Awakens *Cough*) I'm not saying the films gonna be the latter but the trailer definitely gave that feel.
    Doesn't look like a carbon copy to me at all.

BANNED

I think it looks great. So much negativity on the internet man it is so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    I think it looks great. So much negativity on the internet man it is so sad.
    Don't get me wrong, I really want it to be good. I was just disappointed (Along with the majority it seems like) in how the trailer looks more like a step back than a step forward.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I really want it to be good. I was just disappointed (Along with the majority it seems like) in how the trailer looks more like a step back than a step forward.
    Looks like a mix between Prometheus and Alien to me. Majority? Youtube stats - 4,680,456 views, 57,929 likes, 4,435 dislikes.

The trailer wasn't as nearly as amazing as the Prometheus trailer. The Prometheus trailer looked and felt suitably awesome. The movie was a mess. This trailer looked bland in comparison and I will not watch it until I hear a lot of good reviews.

As far as I'm concerned, Prometheus was just confusing crap. The Martian was straight up awesome. I need a consensus on how good this movie might be, as an amazing trailer can really deceive people into watching a shitty movie.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

The structure of this trailer along with the title just really makes everything come across as cheap and incredibly uncreative. I hope its merely marketing trying to appeal to as wide an audience as possible and that the film itself will actually have more merit to it.