Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In playing Final Fantasy XV , the 1st thing ya notice is how chaotic the battle system really is with your group. All 4 of you charge in and its chaos . The system works and has some nice deals with it. Love the warp attack , warp move. The MP charging back up and how ya use magic. But ...the 4 attacking at one point is pure chaos and should be done better.

I even for the 1st time shared some pics from PS4 of my playing....

Attachment 43559
    I've just started playing 15 and I can only assume the chaotic combat is deliberate and intentional, with it's ragged back and forth attack charges, having to drag your injured bros out of the fray, and mainly being able to hit your buddies with friendly fire by accident.

It is like the game is trying to simulate being in a brawl with your buddies.

Compared to the orderly group combat of the main characters from 13 on down, the main characters in 15 are an unruly mob of disorganized yahoos.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    combat feels a little clunky.
    Oh god, the "Blink" upgrade makes the combat so much better. The description didn't make it clear, but it actually allows you to cancel your attacks with dodges. This should have been given to you right out of the gate.

FFXV combo video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltdHcyi13-A

March 2017 Update Trailer

Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 03-26-2017 at 06:14 PM.

I got a taste of Gladiolus gameplay and he was actually fun to play.

Fantastic Member

I've played FF7-9 all the way through. I played some of 10 on a friend's PS2, but found Tidus too insufferable of a character.

FF7 was my first RPG. And I really got hooked on turn based ATB games; Legend of Dragoon, Wild Arms, FF, Vagrant Story, Breath of Fire, and even tried out Parasite Eve. So between not having a PS2 and FF moving from turn based RPG to action game, I have had no interest in playing the new iterations. I have FF Anthology and another FF collection on PS1, but could never get into the older "sprite" FF games.

Though I have been kind of tempted to get FF13 with it being like $8 new at Walmart for the 360.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I have all 3 of the Final Fantasy 13 games. Yes they made 2 sequels to that game with Lightning.

As I play Ni No Kuni : Wraith of the White Witch , its clear I can see what Square wanted here combat wise. They wanted the free flowing system of battle and able to engage characters etc. Its very solid . Because it seems that the studio behind Ni No Kuni wanted a clean combat type game. Where its not a mess and not many villains thrown on screen. FF XV has 10 enemies suddenly show up and its chaos. lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

played Episode Galdious it was fun. the final trial is tough took me several tries just to beat Cor.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 03-29-2017 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodofthegods View Post
    I've played FF7-9 all the way through. I played some of 10 on a friend's PS2, but found Tidus too insufferable of a character.

FF7 was my first RPG. And I really got hooked on turn based ATB games; Legend of Dragoon, Wild Arms, FF, Vagrant Story, Breath of Fire, and even tried out Parasite Eve. So between not having a PS2 and FF moving from turn based RPG to action game, I have had no interest in playing the new iterations. I have FF Anthology and another FF collection on PS1, but could never get into the older "sprite" FF games.

Though I have been kind of tempted to get FF13 with it being like $8 new at Walmart for the 360.
    One of the best RPG of the PSX and of all times.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orujo-man View Post
    One of the best RPG of the PSX and of all times.
    I certainly remember enjoying it when I first played it back in the late 90's. But I haven't played much of my PS1 games since my console died 6-7 years ago. We have a PS3, but it is in my son's room, and I don't get a lot of time on it. But I did play through FF7, and started a Breath of Fire IV. I was planning on going through my PS1 games and playing them again. It's just going to take some time.