Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

there have been dumber interpretations of Batman.

Affleck's Batman was smart just because you as the viewer was omnipotent and knew what was happening ahead of time don't project that and blame the character.

We are going to act like superheroes never fight other superheroes or Batman;s never been dumb or made a mistake in other incarnations? Perfect characters are boring
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    The storage dics these cameras has is almost indestructible. Batman could have easily collected the explosion footage, and in a surprising twist, WATCHED IT. He would have noticed the explosion originated from lex luthor’s chair.
    I can't believe you wrote this whole thing thinking that Batman thinks Superman blew up the capitol building for sure. The news casters say that it was the man in the wheelchair who exploded a bomb. The bigger issue is that Superman inspires this kind of terrorism and potentially condones it seeing as he "let it" happen. (Also a dumb jibe on your part since the extended cut reveals it was made of lead, and Superman doesn't have Flash-level speed).

batman could have easily went there and salvaged the burnt bodies,
    Which no doubt would have been buried by now. You think he's going to fly into an African village and graverob a mass grave to confirm what he already believes to be true beyond doubt?

It’s really not a complicated thing to discover who superman is; he even makes it easy by wearing glasses alone, and consistently visiting the same locations.
    By this logic every villain and hero who don't discover secret identities in the DC Universe is dumb. And why would Batman in this movie even care who Superman disguises himself as? Who says he even has a disguise?

Furthermore, The Suite Batman uses doesn’t make sense.
    Then I guess your issue is with Frank Miller, and the comics Batman comes from. You know, where Batman is all smart and great with no flaws at all apparently.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Batman also did more detective work in this movie than any other big-screen Batman. He used his cover of Bruce Wayne to steal information from both Lex and KGBeast, hacked a military-grade encryption Wonder Woman couldn't access with his Bat Computer, and tracked down the White Portuguese, before breaking into Lex's place to steal the Kryptonite.

He speaks Russian, he knows enough about combat to advise a pit fighter to victory, enough about chemistry/engineering to weaponize Kryptonite, and enough about strategy to perfectly neutralize Superman. The dude is smart. He was paranoid and blinded by prejudice and hatred, but he was damn smart.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    there have been dumber interpretations of Batman.

Affleck's Batman was smart just because you as the viewer was omnipotent and knew what was happening ahead of time don't project that and blame the character.
    All the things i said were viewing the events that happened in BvS from the perspective of Batman. I didn't immediately assume Superman is innocent, i showcased the methods Batman would have used in order to figure out for himself, rather than lois lane doing that. My language even dictates i was talking from the perspective of someone who was in the Movie. Btw not omnipotent xD

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Batman also did more detective work in this movie than any other big-screen Batman. He used his cover of Bruce Wayne to steal information from both Lex and KGBeast, hacked a military-grade encryption Wonder Woman couldn't access with his Bat Computer, and tracked down the White Portuguese, before breaking into Lex's place to steal the Kryptonite.

He speaks Russian, he knows enough about combat to advise a pit fighter to victory, enough about chemistry/engineering to weaponize Kryptonite, and enough about strategy to perfectly neutralize Superman. The dude is smart. He was paranoid and blinded by prejudice and hatred, but he was damn smart.
    Exactly, he knew he couldn't defeat Superman in a straight up fight and constantly led Superman into traps to weaken him.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Batfleck is the smartest version of Batman that has even appeared in a live action flick tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Huh what could I be basing it on ? let's see idk maybe every Batman movie that has been release to date?
    Michael Keaton's Batman was much smarter. Some examples that pop to mind:
    Batman was able to figure out Joker was poisoning cosmetics and got the word out. Hence the scene with the ugly news anchors.
    Batman determined it was Napier who killed his parents when Joker asks the moonlight question.
    Batman hacking Penguin's news conference to discredit Penguin's bid for mayor.
    Batman deducing Penguins plan to kidnap the children.
    Batman deduced Catwoman's true identity when she described the kiss while they were dancing.
    Batman hacking the penguins to have them attack Penguin instead of Gotham city.
    All these were Batman using his mind to figure things out instead of his knuckles.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

He's not dumb, he's just at a low point in his life and not emotionally stable. Lex probably wouldn't have been able to manipulate him so easily if he had got to him at another point in his life, but that's not how it worked out. Bruce is a fallible human being who can be utterly weak at times, he's not a Mary Sue.

Even if he didn't pursue the things he should have, he was doing more detective work than Bale's Batman did. Once he gets his **** together as the DCEU goes on, it's going to be easy for the filmmakers to depict a smarter Batman than Nolan's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    I think this Batman being a violent psycho who still hasn't gotten over his parents after 40 years is much worse than getting easily manipulated than his parents.
    Except it's not just his parents. Jason got killed, Harvey became Two-Face, Gotham isn't getting any better despite his efforts, and whatever other allies he's had besides Alfred have clearly cut ties with him. It's all cumulative. I don't see anything wrong with the basic idea of depicting the realistic psychological toll all this stuff would have on him. It's not my ideal Batman either, but I prefer this to the comics that have him act overly violent but not killing, as if the writers want to have it both ways. Or the Arkham games where you can run over thugs with your car or electrocute them, and they just...fall asleep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Maybe the movies want to be more realistic so batman is not unbelievably smart in the movies.
    I'd go with likeable instead of realistic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Batman determined it was Napier who killed his parents when Joker asks the moonlight question.
    To be fair, Guy Gardner could figure that one out.

Batman deduced Catwoman's true identity when she described the kiss while they were dancing.
    Also zero intelligence required.

BANNED

[QUOTE=Seth;2490596]Dumbest Batman located!! and he is here in the DCEU!

Batman is smart. Alright, that statement is as vague as lex luthor’s plan in BvS, but it means a lot. It means he can out-think anyone he is facing. He knows his enemy, and doesn’t take actions based on emotions; rather he makes his decisions based on the best calculated out-comes. He doesn’t engage in a battle with someone without knowing he is capable of winning.
    This is not a universal truth.
    Not all comicbook versions of Batman can outthink anyone. All Batman ever have taken lots of action based on emotions (becoming Batman and adoptin Robins being prime examples).

#1: Batman’s fight with superman could have easily been avoided if batman acted like Batman.
    Thing is, he did not want to avoid it.
    I don’t want to talk about how dumb it is that Superman didn’t notice the bomb
    It was explicitly shown to be shielded.

I am here to talk about how the real observant, detective Batman would have used this scenario. In all court rooms around the world and in any important place, there are, roll the drums, SURVIELANCE CAMERAS. The storage dics these cameras has is almost indestructible. Batman could have easily collected the explosion footage, and in a surprising twist, WATCHED IT. He would have noticed the explosion originated from lex luthor’s chair.

Moreover, he would have noticed that lex didn’t attend the event. Likewise, in the earlier scene, the scene where lex luthor's Hench men kill the innocent civilians in Africa, batman could have easily went there and salvaged the burnt bodies, and noticed that the victims had bullet holes all over their body... An odd coincidence, I say NOT. He could have easily came to the conclusion that The Kryptonian isn’t a threat, but Instead Batman blindly decides to face Superman, which brings me to my next point.
    Knowing that Lex Luthor had caused the explosion would not have changed why he wanted to take down Superman, which he had been planning from before Luthor even got involved.

#2: Blindly facing Superman without having any basic information about Superman.
    He did not do anything of the sort. He had a very good idea just what Superman was capable of, and what was required to kill him. And he would have done exactly that if not for Martha.
    This might sound ludicrous since batman looked pretty prepared in BvS, but hear me out. All the information Batman had on Superman was that he is a kryptonian , and that apparently Kryptonian cells decay upon contact with Kryptonite. He had no clue to who this Alien is, and how powerful he might be? Batman wouldn’t decide to go to war with someone few people on the planet know.
    Of course he knows how powerful Superman is. Why wouldn't he?

In addition, how hard would it be for Batman to figure out what’s the real Identity of Superman?
    Why would he bother? Why would he even assume that he has another identity?

Dark Knight Returns Batman didn't do anything more than this Batman.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Does Indiana Jones get the same heat?
    The guys an university prof and does
    look dumb many times. As do many
    profs in reality.

It's a movie. For our entertainment.
    It's smarter than a lot of other stuff
    with fans out there.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

The problem with Batman is that he is a difficult character to write for. Batman works best when he is a few notches beneath Batgod.

Batman has his fair share of dumb moments in comics, though.