Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Why is DCEU Batman Dumb Compared To the Comic Book Batman?!!

Dumbest Batman located!! and he is here in the DCEU!

Introduction: Batman

I want to clarify that this post is by no means an attack on Ben Affleck’s interpretation of Batman. If we are being honest, he is the best to have ever dawned the batman costume solely based on looks, and acting. However, I find it crucial to, although everyone here knows what makes batman a character; I find it crucial to point what makes batman standout.

Batman 101

Batman is smart. Alright, that statement is as vague as lex luthor’s plan in BvS, but it means a lot. It means he can out-think anyone he is facing. He knows his enemy, and doesn’t take actions based on emotions; rather he makes his decisions based on the best calculated out-comes. He doesn’t engage in a battle with someone without knowing he is capable of winning.

Moreover, he is a detective. Since his childhood he has tackled numerous complicated tasks, and as a result of that he is the perfect detective. Those two characteristics are what we will need to get my point across in this post. Let’s get into why it’s evident from BvS that batman of the DCEU is dumb compared to his comic book counterpart.

#1: Batman’s fight with superman could have easily been avoided if batman acted like Batman.

I want to describe few scenes that made no sense to me BvS, at least how they affected batman made no sense to me. In the court scene, where apparently the funniest joke in the movie is, Superman is being judged for his actions in MoS. Anyhow, lex luthor hides a bomb in his chair and doesn’t attend the event. I don’t want to talk about how dumb it is that Superman didn’t notice the bomb, I am here to talk about how the real observant, detective Batman would have used this scenario. In all court rooms around the world and in any important place, there are, roll the drums, SURVIELANCE CAMERAS. The storage dics these cameras has is almost indestructible. Batman could have easily collected the explosion footage, and in a surprising twist, WATCHED IT. He would have noticed the explosion originated from lex luthor’s chair.

Detective Batman.jpg

Moreover, he would have noticed that lex didn’t attend the event. Likewise, in the earlier scene, the scene where lex luthor's Hench men kill the innocent civilians in Africa, batman could have easily went there and salvaged the burnt bodies, and noticed that the victims had bullet holes all over their body... An odd coincidence, I say NOT. He could have easily came to the conclusion that The Kryptonian isn’t a threat, but Instead Batman blindly decides to face Superman, which brings me to my next point.

#2: Blindly facing Superman without having any basic information about Superman.

This might sound ludicrous since batman looked pretty prepared in BvS, but hear me out. All the information Batman had on Superman was that he is a kryptonian , and that apparently Kryptonian cells decay upon contact with Kryptonite. He had no clue to who this Alien is, and how powerful he might be? Batman wouldn’t decide to go to war with someone few people on the planet know.

In addition, how hard would it be for Batman to figure out what’s the real Identity of Superman? On dozen scenes both Lois and Superman interact with each other on a personal level in public. How hard would it be for Batman to piece together that the kryptonian is in love with Lois Lane? Once he makes that connection he would stalk lois lane for a day, and eventually he would figure out she lives with a man that strikingly looks like Superman, except he is wearing glasses. This would allow batman to talk the issue rather than an all out war. It’s really not a complicated thing to discover who superman is; he even makes it easy by wearing glasses alone, and consistently visiting the same locations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFB3VWTNyug

Furthermore, The Suite Batman uses doesn’t make sense. Like most morons in this universe batman goes under the assumption that superman is dangerous, and decides to wear the exo suit to fight superman. How does Batman know this suit is enough? It makes no sense to just go and fight an alien that you saw how powerful is on footage countless times. He knows this alien is capable of flying, punching buildings, and smashing people into nuclear plants. This batman doesn’t do, or have any of the values that make the character special.

What do you guys think of the DCEU’s batman? Take care everyone, and Marry Christmas.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Seth; 12-26-2016 at 06:26 AM.

Batfleck is the smartest version of Batman that has even appeared in a live action flick tho.

Also if Batman was so dumb how comes he almost killed Superman :/
    Last edited by Sirzechs; 12-25-2016 at 01:33 PM.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Maybe the movies want to be more realistic so batman is not unbelievably smart in the movies.

It's not just that he was stupid, it's that he was also violent and impulsive. The filmmakers were obviously trying to portray a Batman who was spiritually broken and suffering PTSD or something. And that's such a stupid depiction of Batman. What makes Bruce Wayne a hero is that he is NOT defined by the tragedies of his life. I mean, that was the who point of the original Killing Joke comic right?

His stupidity is best captured in the 'MARTHA!' scene. That whole scene depends on A) Batman not know Superman's background -pretty poor detective work there, and B) this idea that Bruce is constantly reliving the death of his parents. It's such a shallow, superficial idea of Batman.

But even worse is how he did not see through Luthor's ridiculously transparent plot to manipulate him with those letters from the wheelchair guy. I mean, seriously!!!?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Batfleck is the smartest version of Batman that has even appeared in a live action flick tho.
    What evidence are you basing that opinion on?

Because they also wrote Superman as an idiot, so that Batman would have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Maybe the movies want to be more realistic so batman is not unbelievably smart in the movies.
    Yeah, except that the Bale Batman was way more intelligent and those movies were far more grounded.
    Not to mention that Batfleck is dumber than most detectives from so-called realistic stories, like Law & Order.

BANNED

Lex Luthor played Batman pretty easily. I mean really Bats didn't think Lex's security was a little lax.

Batman beating Superman didn't have anything to do with Bat being Smart. It was Supes being dumb.

Batman beat Superman because Superman has back.

Bruce's detective skills have always been overrated. The guy either beats info out of someone or gets it from Alfred or Oracle. His criminals leave behind obvious clues all but begging him to find them.

And Bruce not making decisions based on emotion? This is a guy who dedicated his entire life to never-ending war on crime because of a tragic moment from childhood. His entire existence has been based on a moment of tragedy.

The plot requires him to be, basically. The film has so many elements and plot points stuffed into it it can't help it.

I think this Batman being a violent psycho who still hasn't gotten over his parents after 40 years is much worse than getting easily manipulated than his parents. The guy is the Punisher lite until Superman says his mums name which suddenly changes his motivation for hating Superman. Either that or he just hated Superman because he felt insecure about his masculinity and had a bad dream, which is even worse.

Affleck is great so there's that.

is the OP meant to be a rhetorical question... or are we actually supposed to come up with reasons to justify bad writing?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post

What evidence are you basing that opinion on?

Because they also wrote Superman as an idiot, so that Batman would have a chance.
    Huh what could I be basing it on ? let's see idk maybe every Batman movie that has been release to date?

Yeah, except that the Bale Batman was way more intelligent and those movies were far more grounded.
    Not to mention that Batfleck is dumber than most detectives from so-called realistic stories, like Law & Order.
    LMAO..........Bale Batman intelligent??? LMAO please wipe the nostalgia out of your eyes. Please Bale's Batman fell for the same crap in two movies. Both Ra's al Ghul and Talia pull the same trick on him with minimum effort and you have the nerve to call Bale's Batman intelligent?
    Last edited by Sirzechs; 12-25-2016 at 03:37 PM.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

All-New Member

Not to start up a BvS thingy, but Superman's intention was never to kill Batman. He was trying to get him to help him and save martha, which he kinda does.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Batman beat Superman because Superman has back.

Bruce's detective skills have always been overrated. The guy either beats info out of someone or gets it from Alfred or Oracle. His criminals leave behind obvious clues all but begging him to find them.

And Bruce not making decisions based on emotion? This is a guy who dedicated his entire life to never-ending war on crime because of a tragic moment from childhood. His entire existence has been based on a moment of tragedy.
    If a criminal leaves evidence for the hero, so that the protagonist can eventually find him, is just poor writing. No one does that, and i am certain no writer ever did that! What is your evidence that criminals leave obvious clues for batman to find.

If you saying this because of The ridder, well you kinda miss-understood the character to begin with. His name is called The ridder, his main goal is riddle, not be a crime master. It's just that to have someone like batman answering all of his riddels is exciting to him and decides to act as a criminal. Anyways, what's your evidence for such claim?

Empty is thy hand!

Scott Snyder and Tom King's Batman isn't all that smart either, if you haven't noticed. If the writers don't put in the work, then the character comes up short.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    If a criminal leaves evidence for the hero, so that the protagonist can eventually find him, is just poor writing. No one does that, and i am certain no writer ever did that! What is your evidence that criminals leave obvious clues for batman to find.

If you saying this because of The ridder, well you kinda miss-understood the character to begin with. His name is called The ridder, his main goal is riddle, not be a crime master. It's just that to have someone like batman answering all of his riddels is exciting to him and decides to act as a criminal. Anyways, what's your evidence for such claim?
    Pretty much any story starring Batman's rogues. These guys aren't known for their subtlety. Hell, the Joker's admitted to doing what he does just for Batman's attention.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Because Batman is merely a man, all people do dumb things from time to time. Honestly it's more annoying when people write Batman like he's a God.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

I think the problem is that if a guy is inspired by the death of his parents to be a dark avenger of the night, having him eventually become all well-adjusted but continue to wear the suit is probably not something movie audiences would appreciate.

Or to put it another way, I don't think movie writers think that just being *inspired* by the death of one's parents to become Batman (but otherwise being just fine) is really utilizing the most interesting aspect of the character.

He's Batman because he's mad about his parents being killed - he has to stay mad, or else stop being Batman.