View Poll Results: Has Harley Quinn surpassed Catwoman?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

48 56.47%
  • No

37 43.53%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Genevieve Valentine tried to do new things with Selina during her New 52 run but readers weren't too supportive.
    I respect that Valentine tried to do something different with Selina and push her in a new status quo, and I can see some of the appeal of it, even if it didn't feel very much like Catwoman or Selina Kyle (even when she did put the suit back on).

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Does Marvel have any female characters that can match or surpass Harley Quinn in popularity?
    Well, they're still trying to make "Gwenpool" into a thing .

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Does Marvel have any female characters that can match or surpass Harley Quinn in popularity?
    Yeah, Gwenpool may be one possibility, and Spider-Gwen also had some traction (though it wasn't as zany as HQ).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Harley Quinn is hot right now but who's to say how long that lasts. Not that i have anything against Harley, but you never know with these things. Look at Green Lantern.
    That is because you have fanboys who think that franchise belongs to Hal Jordan. Yet Jessica Cruz, Simon Baz, Kyle & John Stewart say other wise. Unlike John Stewart, Harley is not viewed as a threat to someone. Especially for a franchise that should be about more than one guy-even the Power Rangers figured that out.

Nobody is being pushed out of the way for Harley to be popular or be viewed as such.

Catwoman can work but the powers that be need to get their act together. Why do I get a Catwoman movie and it's not Selina Kyle? You could have just used Vixen.

Wonder Woman has always been the victim too many cooks in the kitchen. She was sup[pose to do this or that until someone got scared and pulled the plug.

Supergirl should be in the conversation but she like WW has been a victim of pulling the plug on projects until recently.

This icon this and that crap holds so many DC characters back.

It has to get to the point of I don't care who brings in the check-as long as I get one. If Harley has surpassed Catwoman-how do we use that to help? Where is the Harley/Cartwoman project? Harley, Ivy,WW, Supergirl & Catwoman "A Force" book?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That is because you have fanboys who think that franchise belongs to Hal Jordan. Yet Jessica Cruz, Simon Baz, Kyle & John Stewart say other wise. Unlike John Stewart, Harley is not viewed as a threat to someone. Especially for a franchise that should be about more than one guy-even the Power Rangers figured that out.

Nobody is being pushed out of the way for Harley to be popular or be viewed as such.

Catwoman can work but the powers that be need to get their act together. Why do I get a Catwoman movie and it's not Selina Kyle? You could have just used Vixen.

Wonder Woman has always been the victim too many cooks in the kitchen. She was sup[pose to do this or that until someone got scared and pulled the plug.
    The 2011 planned Wonder Woman TV series for example. Like Catwoman, they changed the origins and motivation, costume, even the name, so drastically that she no longer resembled Wonder Woman.
    Thankfully NBC had the good sense to kill that in the womb.

Supergirl should be in the conversation but she like WW has been a victim of pulling the plug on projects until recently.
    DC comics really dropped the ball on that one. It seems they should have known a Supergirl TV series was in the works. As early as 2014 there was talk about it. Yet DC cancels the Supergirl comic book in May 2015.
    So the TV series aired a whole season and was starting on a second season before DC Comics got around to having a Supergirl comic book in November 2016. A year and a half later. Thousands of potential comic book
    sales were lost. Did DC not think people would watch the show and then go to a comic book store looking for comic books about Supergirl? Does it really take that long to hire some writers and artists to make a comic book?

This icon this and that crap holds so many DC characters back.

It has to get to the point of I don't care who brings in the check-as long as I get one. If Harley has surpassed Catwoman-how do we use that to help? Where is the Harley/Cartwoman project? Harley, Ivy,WW, Supergirl & Catwoman "A Force" book?
    I'd buy something like that. Or where is the Gotham City Sirens Rebirth books for that matter?

All-New Member

Why this feels more like "Harley Quinn stole Catwoman popularity. How to fix that?" thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    DC comics really dropped the ball on that one. It seems they should have known a Supergirl TV series was in the works. As early as 2014 there was talk about it. Yet DC cancels the Supergirl comic book in May 2015.
    So the TV series aired a whole season and was starting on a second season before DC Comics got around to having a Supergirl comic book in November 2016. A year and a half later. Thousands of potential comic book sales were lost. Did DC not think people would watch the show and then go to a comic book store looking for comic books about Supergirl? Does it really take that long to hire some writers and artists to make a comic book?
    The thing about the (lack of a) Supergirl comic book that surprised me was that if DC knew there was going to be a Supergirl TV show, they really should have at least put together a comic book based on the TV show, even if it was digital first / print later like they had for (Green) Arrow and Flash.
    Yeah, there were still tpb Supergirl collections available, but it's not quite the same thing, especially if you have people not fully knowledgeable with the character and her comic book past.

Fantastic Member

I saw some online toys and merchandise sales figures sometime ago. Batman was #1 character from DC and overall, superman #2 from DC and #3 overall and Wonder Woman was #3 from DC and #7 overall. Harley was in top 15 and catwoman not even in top 20.

I think they've deliberately saved her solo for the Second Wave of Rebirth. As somebody said earlier, I AM SUICIDE is nicely setting up a possible spin-off for her. Maybe King requested he establish her new status quo in Batman first and then a solo continue Rebirth Selina's story.
    Then why haven't they announced it yet?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Have they announced much for a "second wave" yet beyond Batwoman?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Have they announced much for a "second wave" yet beyond Batwoman?
    Supersons and Justice League of America, but those were announced as the second wave quite some time ago. Other than that, the JL vs Suicide Squad event is the kick off the second wave. It's basically three titles, and a crossover event at this point. I don't expect a slew more, there isn't too much time left to drum up publicity. There can always be a third wave around summer time.

I expect we'll see Catwoman for a good deal longer in Batman before she gets her own book again, what with her becoming the co-lead and all.

Seems Harley has, at least as far as I can tell.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Niffleheim

Genevieve Valentine tried to do new things with Selina during her New 52 run but readers weren't too supportive.
    I'm sadden about Genevieve Valentine's run not translating to fans i've been catching up and loving every minute of it. What issue# did Catwoman return in the Batman?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I don't expect an announcement until spring. Hopefully a solo launches in summer.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    I'm sadden about Genevieve Valentine's run not translating to fans i've been catching up and loving every minute of it. What issue# did Catwoman return in the Batman?
    Teased in #9 (the beginning of the "I Am Suicide" arc) and then Selina has narration in #10

I don't expect an announcement until spring. Hopefully a solo launches in summer.
    It won't be for Wave 2, then. That starts in January and ends in February.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)