Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

U.S.Agent no longer has a purpose, because they've basically retconned Captain America into being him.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    U.S.Agent no longer has a purpose, because they've basically retconned Captain America into being him.
    Please explain
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    I'd rather they brought back Battlestar...
    How about they bring back the both of them?

Spectacular Member

I think they could try out a USAvengers title with analogues of the "classic" team, then analogues of the "kooky quartet", etc. They would be America's Avengers team while the regular Avengers are nationless/working internationally with Shield. Add in some Gyrich pulling some strings and manipulating the USAvengers and I'm sold.

Ideally, they'd be "light" villains, such as Goliath (Tom Foster) and therefore could be politically manipulated. Maybe?

USAvengers? I kind of like that idea

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    I think they could try out a USAvengers title with analogues of the "classic" team, then analogues of the "kooky quartet", etc. They would be America's Avengers team while the regular Avengers are nationless/working internationally with Shield. Add in some Gyrich pulling some strings and manipulating the USAvengers and I'm sold.
    Like the off-brand Avengers? USAgent, Iron Patriot, Beta Ray Bill, Scarlet Spider?
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

I was thinking U.S. Agent's new purpose would be in Secret Avengers.
    He's like Cap, but will go places and handle things that Steve wouldn't.

I like this costume below, but with a few alterations. The shield definitely needs to be redesigned.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

he looks like bleeding Judge Dredd...
    I surrender to the Contest

Incredible Member

With the way they left things at the end of Dark Avengers I really think that U.S Agent would have been a much better candidate to use for the concept of Avengers Undercover. Could have easily based the series around Walker breaking free of Toxie Doxie’s control after June is rendered incapacitated and suddenly finding himself in Bagalia, would be interesting to see him secretly trying to get himself extracted back to the U.S. while at the same time pretending to still be acting under June’s influence and covertly sabotaging Zemo’s operations. A situation like that could easily make for a good solo series for U.S. Agent with him only having to share the spotlight during assignments on Bagalia’s behalf, be it with the remaining Dark Avengers or another random assortment of villains to keep tabs on him.

Concerning the matter of fixing him, I still think it would be preferable to work around the amputation of his limbs but at the same time I don’t like the idea of another Venom symbiote running around since there are already enough in play as it is. That being said I would rather take it out of the equation entirely. Could easily have it that it gets destroyed in the same fight that incapacitates Toxie or simply gets forcibly extracted from him by someone running around on Bagalia. From there Walker could have bionic implants forcibly graphed onto him while he’s recovering in the aftermath of the fight, the justification being that Agent is no use to Zemo or whoever Walker’s handler is if he can’t move around and fight.

I really do think that Marvel should do a better job of separating U.S. Agent from being just another Captain America, hence in party why I suggested altering his outfit to resemble riot gear. At the same time I think that incorporating elements from Winter Soldier during his initial appearance would help, particularly the addition cybernetics to the character against his will. I really like the idea of Agent’s arm housing a built-in detachable shield that he can adjust into different settings as necessary, possibly an internal machine gun or blaster as well.

Personally I’m okay with U.S. Agent having his own solo series but at the same time I don’t think that he has the necessary clout to really carry one on his own, likewise he’s one of those characters that to me at least hasn’t really meshed well with any one of the teams he’s been in. The best thing Marvel could probably do with him would be to pair him up with another character to co-star with, and given Walker’s history with Battlestar I personally think he would be the ideal character to fill this particular niche. In the case of the aforementioned concept I was mentioning, Battlestar could either be Agent’s contact outside of Bagalia desperately scrambling to extract his friend from behind enemy lines or someone Walker discovers being held prisoner/hiding in the aftermath of whatever fight took place earlier in the scenario.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    I was thinking U.S. Agent's new purpose would be in Secret Avengers.
    He's like Cap, but will go places and handle things that Steve wouldn't.

I like this costume below, but with a few alterations. The shield definitely needs to be redesigned.

Ironic...I had no idea he already had a costume like this. A little tweaking and it would look great.

If they're going to do anything with the Secret Avengers they first need to get rid of the current creative team. They are horrible

As it stands now SA is probably the best fit for him.

I would love to see US Agent in a series. Heck give him a mini-series; I would buy that. Everybody needs to drop a question asking about US Agent in next week's Axel-in-Charge.

As for a costume, you can't beat the old one. Although I really liked the way he looked in Mighty Avengers when he didn't wear the cowl; it made him look more like his own character rather than "Captain America in black"
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight