Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Nubia Appreciation.

I was wandering why nobody has never started a Appreciation thread for Nubia.i know she hasn't been around long or that not too much is known about her.but she is the most notable black Amazon beside Hessia and Phillipus and was wandering why DC never really used her much.i hope and pray that someday she's put back in action.my dream team would be to have her star in a old team called the Power Company alongside Steel=john henry irons and Batwing.

Fantastic Member

I always wonder what would happen if William Marston made Wonder Woman a black character.

Hi there, warzon!

Thanks for starting this thread.

I know Nubia (and Nu'Bia too!) I have even posted about Nubia in a few threads here on CBR regarding Wonder Woman. However, I was basically talked over in those threads and one even tried to correct me that Nubia was not a foe to WW, which she has been in the past.

However, to find this thread is like a Christmas present, seeing it now upon my return to the forums after the Holiday!

And the character Nubia, has been around over 40 years in the comics!

In addition, had the TV series Wonder Woman had a 4th season, Nubia would have been featured. In fact, in Season 3, the very beautiful and talented actress, model and spokeswoman Jayne Kennedy played a character that many believe was Nubia in human form!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 12-26-2016 at 01:44 PM.

I loved the Nick Cardy cover that marked her fist appearance, can't upload because I'm on my phone :-(

Cardy did the best covers and he loved a good pleated mini skirt, just like the one Nubis is wearing with her leopard top! :-)

You guys think we will ever see Nubia in rebirth

I don't know, AmiMizuno, but I want a good representation.

I think since Nubia doesn't appear often, that is the hardest hurdle for the character.

She should definitely be a WW foe, which would put her out front. Also, a lot of readers don't know of the character. I loved her from her first appearance way back in #204!

I would like it if they did make her a foe but she becomes good. I mean I can't see her being evil for long time

Yes, I totally agree with you!

She was a twin sister of Diana and kidnapped by Ares. However, she could be created by Ares from the blood of Diana.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 12-26-2016 at 09:27 PM.

I'd love to see Nubia again, but not as an antagonist.

I always felt that Nubia should have been "Artemis" so to speak. Post Crisis she should have been part of the Bana instead of them creating Artemis (Who I do understand is a updated take on Orana). It would have been far more interesting if she was named Artemis instead, and be a descendant of Antiope thus making her and Diana Cousins.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I always felt that Nubia should have been "Artemis" so to speak. Post Crisis she should have been part of the Bana instead of them creating Artemis (Who I do understand is a updated take on Orana). It would have been far more interesting if she was named Artemis instead, and be a descendant of Antiope thus making her and Diana Cousins.
    It could still work. That Orana could be the daughter of Antiope and Artemis and Nubia are Orana children.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 12-28-2016 at 02:41 PM.

In that case, bring back Orana as her own character again, also Mala.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    In that case, bring back Orana as her own character again, also Mala.
    I would love to see Mala again. Especially has Diana's best friend. I think It would be interesting if the Bana's were made immortal but the real why they still sleep with men is to keep building up an Army to take over certain regions.

I wonder what hero name Nubia could use