Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

I would not have Nubia replace Jason. I think there is room for both.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    If you had to pick would you rather have Nubia replace Jason? Or should Nubia just stay as a multiverse Wonder Woman?
    I'd rather just pretend Jason never happened in the first place.

But, if we can't ditch him, I'd rather have it turn out he was only a half-sibling to Diana on Zeus' side and not a birth-son/clay-son of Hippolyta.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    What's an appreciation thread without pics?

I thought this was a great costume for Nubia, did we ever see it again anywhere? I don't recall.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'd rather just pretend Jason never happened in the first place.

But, if we can't ditch him, I'd rather have it turn out he was only a half-sibling to Diana on Zeus' side and not a birth-son/clay-son of Hippolyta.
    Maybe stick him on a supervillain team with all the other redundant evil twins of superheroes which were seperated at birth. Like Siren, Cobalt Blue, that ridiculous pink haired evil Mary Marvel....

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Maybe stick him on a supervillain team with all the other redundant evil twins of superheroes which were seperated at birth. Like Siren, Cobalt Blue, that ridiculous pink haired evil Mary Marvel....
    But that would still validate his existence.

I was just working on Nu'Bia in my "Wonder Woman Continuity Mythos Bible-y Thingee" earlier this week. I've given her a name change name because of the blatantness and tokenism of her debut.

In my take she's a Themysciran Amazon that Diana has never met, but is a champion in her own right and that feeds into her origin (not a twin-sister-molded-from-clay take) and adventures and eventually her reuniting with her Amazon sisters.

I have two ideas for Nubia:

- She's Diana's step sister via Hippolyta's marriage to Philippus.

- She's the ancestor to Philippus and Hessia. In this version, Philippus would be the mother of Hessia. This would reference the real life history of the three characters as Nubia is the original black Wonder Woman Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I was just working on Nu'Bia in my "Wonder Woman Continuity Mythos Bible-y Thingee" earlier this week. I've given her a name change name because of the blatantness and tokenism of her debut.

In my take she's a Themysciran Amazon that Diana has never met, but is a champion in her own right and that feeds into her origin (not a twin-sister-molded-from-clay take) and adventures and eventually her reuniting with her Amazon sisters.
    Would be interesting to take a look at that sometime.

The tricky thing with a lot of the Wonder Woman mythos is that for a lot of the pre-Crisis time, writers were very liberal with "enter a man with a gun" approach (or just-in-plot worldbuilding). With the greater focus on long-time readers and continuity, integrating those old elements can be tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Would be interesting to take a look at that sometime.

The tricky thing with a lot of the Wonder Woman mythos is that for a lot of the pre-Crisis time, writers were very liberal with "enter a man with a gun" approach (or just-in-plot worldbuilding). With the greater focus on long-time readers and continuity, integrating those old elements can be tricky.
    Definitely. And therein lies the challenge and fun for me, when you holistically look at Diana and her history, her eras, supporting characters, enemies and adversaries, concepts, and themes and try to develop a "bible" that makes it all work for a contemporary audience.

It's been a fun creative project for me and also challenges me on what I think is important, fun, essential, quintessential, and meaningful to the Wonder mythos.

I just like that we have been starting to see more and more of Nubia in recent years. Makes me hope that she will make her way back into canon at some point

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post

I just like that we have been starting to see more and more of Nubia in recent years. Makes me hope that she will make her way back into canon at some point
    Nubia is praying for that too. Look at her in that one out above. We all do!

Well she is one person in the multiverse. This is one of the reasons I wouldn't mind f Nubia was a twin again

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    If you had to pick would you rather have Nubia replace Jason? Or should Nubia just stay as a multiverse Wonder Woman?
    If the real, original Multiverse was to come back, then Nubia can be in her original form.
    Personally, I'd have liked for Rebirth to have shown that the multiverse had continued to exist (instead of Earths being merged), and each "event" didn't remake reality, but splintered off a new Earth hidden from the Multiverse.... so while the real Earths One, Two etc. still exist with their own histories and continuity, and the Post Crisis Earth is born, and the Nu52 Earth is born, etc, etc..... You just move focus to this new Earth instead of destroying all that came before.

The reason I mention this is that we then have all version of all characters accessible. So we get the Original Earth One Silver/Bronze Age Nubia. We get the Post Crisis Themiscyra Nu'Bia. We get the (Earth 23?!?) Nubia as Wonder Woman, etc etc etc....

I personally prefer my Nubia to be less derivative of WW... she is a Wonder Woman in her own right, but like Donna or Artemis, they are "wonder women" but heroes of their own identity. I don't want Nubia to loose that.

re Jason-- tired of the roles traditionally being held in WW's world being replaced by men... Jason should never have been. He was a waste of time, energy and continuity. Never fulfilled what he was intended to..... good riddance ^_^

https://www.cbr.com/tiffany-haddish-wonder-woman-nubia/
    Far from a confirmation but its wonderful to see people wanting to play the role.