Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

I’m pleasantly surprised that she’s aware of Nubia, but she’s def not my first pic to play Nubia.

My pics would be: Vanessa Williams, Brandy, Yaya Dacosta, or Gabrielle Union.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    I’m pleasantly surprised that she’s aware of Nubia, but she’s def not my first pic to play Nubia.

My pics would be: Vanessa Williams, Brandy, Yaya Dacosta, or Gabrielle Union.
    Im just overjoyed that shes getting attention. The more that high profile people talk about the likes of Nubia, the better the chances are of her actually popping up again.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Im just overjoyed that shes getting attention. The more that high profile people talk about the likes of Nubia, the better the chances are of her actually popping up again.
    Oh yes, I hope it leads to her being used more. With the right handling and exposure she may reasonate with audiences more than Phillipus or Dessa. It’s almost like WW meets Black Panther in a way.

How should Nubia be put in movies? If we want it to be cannon maybe Ares had created Nubia already?

I just like that we have been starting to see more and more of Nubia in recent years. Makes me hope that she will make her way back into canon at some point
    I really wanted to see Jayne Kennedy play Nubia back in the day. Jayne had the beauty, stature, poise, class and strong personality to play such a dynamic character. I think it is a loss that we never got a production with her.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    How should Nubia be put in movies? If we want it to be cannon maybe Ares had created Nubia already?
    In the movies? Probably by establishing another god being responsible for her kidnapping and training. Be it to kill Ares under the assumption that it was she not Diana destined to slay the war god. Or as part of some long term revenge plot against the Amazons.
    Heck, Phillippus wasn't in the movie. Could even establish her as the founder of the Bana and have her take Nubia with her when she leaves.

Nubia and Vixen by Marcus Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Nubia and Vixen by Marcus Williams
    Wish this was from an actual comic! They both look so hot, powerful and majestic!

I wonder if Nubia ever gets her own comic series who would you want to to the creative team?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 10-16-2018 at 08:18 PM.

I wonder if Nubia were toable get her own comic who would you want on the team?
    You mean the creative team? Hmm....Good question.
    For the writer I somehow doubt we would be lucky enough to get Ta-Nehisi Coates though it would be a nice one to see.
    Likewise Roxanne Gay.
    Hmm....Put me down for Mara Brock Akil for the writer.

As for the artist...Gah, I just have a weakness for Stjepan Sejic's art style.
    Though I suppose id probably go with dustin nguyen instead if he was a possibiliy.

I wonder if Nubia ever gets her own comic series who would you want to to the creative team?
    N.K. Jemisin

I wonder how a writer might go about trying to reincorporate Nubia into the main universe

I wonder how a writer might go about trying to reincorporate Nubia into the main universe
    Doselle Young tried to do that pre-Flashpoint. In his version, Nubia was an Amazon who competed in a tournament to leave the island and wound up in the underworld to fight back the monsters from invading earth.

In the movies? Probably by establishing another god being responsible for her kidnapping and training. Be it to kill Ares under the assumption that it was she not Diana destined to slay the war god. Or as part of some long term revenge plot against the Amazons.
    Heck, Phillippus wasn't in the movie. Could even establish her as the founder of the Bana and have her take Nubia with her when she leaves.
    Phillippus was in Wonder Woman and Justice League, played by Ann Ogbomo. In Justice Leage it looks like she (and maybe Menalippe) took charge of the army after Antiope's death.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

I wonder if we could get an animated series with Nubia what would you want. I would want Nubia's origin and her and Diana's adventure