Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    Attachment 50816

You guys beat me to it... Jayne Kennedy definitely needed to be Nubia. She was a perfect equivalent to Lynda Carter's beauty and stature... damn she fine.

In the episode where she plays a rogue cop that kidnaps Steve... her and Lynda on screen together....(tv melts)
    Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    WOW! Insanely beautiful!!!

She really could have played Wonder Woman herself! In terms of general features and colouring, this is how I've always pictured what WW should look like.
    Yep, all this I know, Lol!

Personally, I like all the different characters, even some we have not seen like Orana, who should be different than Artemis and Mala, Diana's best friend and closely equal in strength/skills.

Nubia is a beautiful name. I think the challenge is finding a viable role for Nubia to play, if there is one.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-22-2017 at 12:52 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I've reconciled this in my headfanon by making Nubia the Anglicized name for Niobe, the dark-skinned woman who was given the Amazon name Phillipus. When Diana left Themyscira with Steve Trevor, Hippolyta asked two Amazons to follow and secretly spy and support on the Princess. One was Diana's childhood lover, and the other was the queen's consort --Diana's other mother. That way, Nubia's sister-ness to Diana is only as an "Amazon sister", but she's still a significant part of the Amazonian royal family.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 06-22-2017 at 11:50 AM.

BANNED

Hm, yes...Nubia really is an example of the tokenization and diverse-character-shoved-down-readers-throats.....Not that I don't have a soft spot for her, but it shows that if a character hangs long enough, they'll gather support and fans.

I would prefer that she have a different origin, though....

I have a soft spot ( or is that a hard spot?!, Lol!) For Nubia and have since her first appearance way back in WW right after Diana got her powers back.

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yep, all this I know, Lol!

Personally, I like all the different characters, even some we have not seen like Orana, who should be different than Artemis and Mala, Diana's best friend and closely equal in strength/skills.
    Isn't Orana the red-head who took over being WW for a minute? I think Artemis was based on her...

I think Orana, as a renegade Amazon, who comes to Man's World and falls in love with the underhanded side of society, would be an interesting villain for the WW films...
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    Isn't Orana the red-head who took over being WW for a minute? I think Artemis was based on her...

I think Orana, as a renegade Amazon, who comes to Man's World and falls in love with the underhanded side of society, would be an interesting villain for the WW films...
    Yes, Orana did become WW for a few issues.

Orana was supposed to be in the WW film, but I am not sure if she really appeared.

I'd make Nubia one of the original Amazons. Philipus and Hessia would be her descendants with Philipus being Hessia's mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Nubia is a beautiful name. I think the challenge is finding a viable role for Nubia to play, if there is one.
    I see nothing wrong with her post Crisis origin that said she was the lone Amazon sent to guard Doom's Doorway from the inside, there she developed her own superpowers due to a god's blessing or spell or something. That way her absence is explained and she could have powers equal to Diana's, but hopefully something more useful than the Gorgon's Stare that has limited applications.

I also liked her original origin where she came from an island of pseudo Africans after she was kidnapped from Themyscira by Ares.

Another character that nabbed a fraction of Nubia's origin is Devastation.... Made of the clay of the island and given life (though by the baddies)....

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I see nothing wrong with her post Crisis origin that said she was the lone Amazon sent to guard Doom's Doorway from the inside, there she developed her own superpowers due to a god's blessing or spell or something. That way her absence is explained and she could have powers equal to Diana's, but hopefully something more useful than the Gorgon's Stare that has limited applications.

I also liked her original origin where she came from an island of pseudo Africans after she was kidnapped from Themyscira by Ares.
    You could always give her Donna's Byrne-ified origin. She's Diana's mystic twin created from a fraction of her soul via a reflection (in a dark crystal? I know, I know)

Instead of Dark Angel stealing that which would become Donna he steals young Nubia to raise as his acolyte... Then the rest (basically) plays out like it did originally.

Incredible Member

Do you really think it was Nubia who showed up?

https://io9.gizmodo.com/wonder-woman...e-m-1819884457

Maybe Nubia can be a twin or Hippoltya a little before being told to sculpt Diana, she uses Amazonian technology or goes to an amazons sorceresses to help her create Diana. At first she thinks it’s a failed attempted but right as Diana came to life so to does Nubia

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

I actually think that the new 52 would've been better if certain plots were about Nubia instead of Diana.

Yes, I think that may be the newly reimagined Nubia.