Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Detective Comics #947 preview/discussion (spoilers!)

Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Okay, in all fairness that is totally Luke's fault. Closed systems, doofus! As for Kate, I have no issue with a Bryan Q. Miller reference and sheer taser overload knocking her down; her taser gloves may be vulnerable to overload like that. Clayface is a given, and Cass is HEARTBREAKING.

So, Steph, something tells me you brought Mud!Tim along to screw with Bruce...

So excited!!!

Well, Steph was targetting Kate's batarangs, not gloves. And no kidding about heartbreaking. This was rough to read.

Is Steph going to have a "what have I done?" moment at the end?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

That's just cold by Steph. Man. But I am also really excited! Good call on the BQM build-your-own-Batarang. Obviously, Steph isn't going to just beat Batman with tech or fighting - I think a psychological attack is very likely. Also possibly an attempt to reason with Bruce.

I still think this could be part of a plan to unmask the First Victim - or at least, I think the First Victim will be unmasked by the end of the issue.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member

Didn't they learn anything from Batman Eternal?

I'm also still confused as to what Steph actually wants here. I trust that'll get explained, but what is worth attacking her allies and friends over?

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Didn't they learn anything from Batman Eternal?
    What do you mean?

FINALLY, THE PREVIEW... THANKS CAIVU

I like see his face, but also see Spoiler with his mask... Spiderman made me love the masks..

Awesome, I love the way that she uses to stop them, or maybe is because is the LAST chapter that I can enjoy this character(like happen with Tim) for now...

I'm not surprised that the next saga is about Cass(Mainly, the return of his mother shiva)... she needs more prominence.... She is the only who want stop this without fight and she is his best fighter...

About Batman, I do not know what is going to happen... Maybe he's just going to say YOU ARE OUT and Spoiler disappears.. Then, the rest of the chapter is more peaceful, we see the team and Steph(in different places) another time.. and the begin of League Of Shadows
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-26-2016 at 10:13 AM.

Yikes Steph...I'm pretty sure Bruce isn't going to go easy on her after what she did to the team.

Last issue, Steph said she wanted to get outside the cycle of violence between Batman and villains. I'm going to assume that Steph isn't dumb enough to think that villains will go away if Batman goes away. So what could she do to stop the cycle?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Spoiler seems to have upgraded her suit quite a lot. I like the new look but it seems more fitting for an enemy of the Batfamily than for a good guy somehow. After such a stunt, I can't see her remaining or returning to the team no matter what. Somehow, she seems to hooked up to Tim's vision of a world (which I don't like one bit -at least I didn't like it in the previous Detective Comics). I hope Batman will break through her vision and show her why her "perfect world" isn't possible.

BANNED

I know Steph mainly as Batgirl, was Spoiler always this bloody insane?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    What do you mean?
    In Batman Eternal Hush got out of his prison in the Batcave and used the Batcomputer to remotly deactivate (or in some cases detonate) the Gadgets of the Batfamily members, which in some cases like Jason weapons made no sense at all.

You would think that someone like Luke would make disconect the control of his suit from remote access after something like this, that was iirc Dick did after the Trickster used a similar trick to take him down in Higgins run.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I know Steph mainly as Batgirl, was Spoiler always this bloody insane?
    Steph is still mourning Tim and was manipulated by the First Victim, who took advantage of her emotional state. I wouldn't say this is out-of-character behavior given her circumstances, but Steph was usually a more upbeat character. She's just angry and sad and maybe even a bit scared right now, and it makes sense that she would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    In Batman Eternal Hush got out of his prison in the Batcave and used the Batcomputer to remotly deactivate (or in some cases detonate) the Gadgets of the Batfamily members, which in some cases like Jason weapons made no sense at all.

You would think that someone like Luke would make disconect the control of his suit from remote access after something like this, that was iirc Dick did after the Trickster used a similar trick to take him down in Higgins run.
    1. Luke wasn't around for that, was he?

2. Neither Luke nor anyone else expected Spoiler to betray them.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    1. Luke wasn't around for that, was he?

2. Neither Luke nor anyone else expected Spoiler to betray them.
    Luke was in Eternal, but I don't think he was affected by Hush, because he was working less closely with Batman at that time, I think.