Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'm actually really disappointed things went the way they did for Kate. Pretty much everything I was afraid would happen, happened.

I can't really fault Kate for doing what she did. I probably would have been right behind Luke and Jean Paul in supporting her. But damn if her totally unapologetic attitude towards the whole thing didn't make me instantly start disliking her. We get it Kate. You did what you had to do. But at least act like you didn't wanna do it. Don't make it so obvious that you're going down the path that Future Tim warned everyone about.
    First off, this is in the wrong thread.

Why would she apologize? She doesn't think what she did was wrong. And she's not happy she had to do it.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

That would be awesome. Lord knows she needs a code name that doesn't sound so...ridiculous. And it'd be a neat callback to her time as Batgirl.

I'm actually really disappointed things went the way they did for Kate. Pretty much everything I was afraid would happen, happened.

I can't really fault Kate for doing what she did. I probably would have been right behind Luke and Jean Paul in supporting her. But damn if her totally unapologetic attitude towards the whole thing didn't make me instantly start disliking her. We get it Kate. You did what you had to do. But at least act like you didn't wanna do it. Don't make it so obvious that you're going down the path that Future Tim warned everyone about.
    Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I don't know why, but after I read this and saw Cass rip off Kate's symbol, I think it would be cool for Cass to take up the Batwoman role.
    Funny, I've actually come across a fanfic (take that how you will) where Cassandra actually does take up the mantle. Though, Kate doesn't (yet) exist in the story, and it takes place a number of years down the line.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Woah, accidental thread necro!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    First off, this is in the wrong thread.
    Oh ****. Is it? I'm so sorry xD

Why would she apologize? She doesn't think what she did was wrong. And she's not happy she had to do it.
    Nah, but she could at least pretend like she was sorry she had to do it. Don't get me wrong. This isn't some Civil War II nonsense where making choices for "the greater good" were obviously the wrong choices. I like Kate and I think she made the right choice (...kinda) but how she went about handling everything after that just felt...wrong. As did her apparent shock over Batman kicking her off the team (What did she think was gonna happen!? Does she not know Bruce?). The whole thing just feels like a really contrived way to get her to become the person Future Tim was trying to prevent her becoming.

Oh ****. Is it? I'm so sorry xD
    Yeah, this is the thread for 947, not the issue that just came out, 974.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I don't know why, but after I read this and saw Cass rip off Kate's symbol, I think it would be cool for Cass to take up the Batwoman role.
    That would be awesome. Lord knows she needs a code name that doesn't sound so...ridiculous. And it'd be a neat callback to her time as Batgirl.
    Bat Noir would be a better name for Cass than Batwoman. I kinda like Orphan myself.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It's a lot more complicated than ''people hate Harper because she's new.'

The problem with Harper, and to a lesser extent Duke, is that their development was not organic. They were so obviously created to be writer's pets that it stuck out like a sore thumb, and so their accomplishments never felt earned. In contrast, a character like Stephanie Brown was created to fulfill a specific story need, to help catch Cluemaster when he stopped leaving clues, and happened to be received well enough to be brought back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Its roman reigns syndrome. Batman team shoving Harper, Damien, Duke down our throats and we don't really care about them. We rather see characters like Stephanie, Tim, Cass. Three newer characters are not anywhere near well liked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Don't lump Damian in with them. Damian came in as a heel, then they put him in an enjoyable tag and he got over. He was the anti-Harper and Duke.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    Agreed. If anything Tim fans are just grumpy that Damian forced DC into a decision they needed to make (and fucked up) anyway. Tim brought very little to the table as "Robin: Batman's partner" and Damian did, especially in the context of where Morrison was going.
    Damian is the current Robin (and proven to be a pretty profitable one at that). Of course he's gonna get all the attention he has now. Just like every Robin before him, aside from Jason, did during their tenure. The situation is totally different from Harper (which ended up not working out anyway) and Duke (which still has a chance to be something great even if he didn't start out that way)
    Reading these comments tell me that there exists a glut of Bat-heroes and everyone has their own favorites...including Bluebird and Signal.

I fear for their future. I know DC has something planned. [Play ominous music here.]

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Bat Noir would be a better name for Cass than Batwoman. I kinda like Orphan myself.
    Ahahaha, first one I've found! I personally don't mind it too much, but I think the combination of the skull mask and the meh name didn't help. But Tynion wrote the heck out of her relationship with Basil, and that boosted her pretty high in the fandom.