Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Isn't Marvel Going Way Overboard with deadpool by now?

how many deadpool mini's have we had in just two years? some thought deadpool vs deadpool would be the end but it wasn't and now we got deadpool vs x-force hawkeye vs deadpool and deadpool's art of war....

what's next? deadpool vs squirrel girl deadpool vs daredevil or better yet deadpool vs howard the duck...

it's insane how many deadpool books marvel can come up with in just a few months

Fantastic Member

Ok, I don't read deadpool (well, I read the old stuff with him which was amazing) but can I just stick up for Deadpool vs X-Force? Because I love it... and Deadpool was introduced in Cable's original X-Force, and had that awesome Cable and Deadpool run, so anything with those 2 is not in bad taste to me.

In my defense it's the only DP mini I've bought in... possibly ever.

BANNED

I'm not trying to say they all suck but do we really need so many of them put out so often?

People (aside from a small minority) like Deadpool. He makes Marvel money, and fans seem to like the stories for the most part. I don't see anything wrong with that.
    Formerly Doctor Malekith.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    I'm not trying to say they all suck but do we really need so many of them put out so often?
    I got your intention, and yes I agree that it's too much.

More importantly the quality of these comics is not very high from what I've seen. If it weren't for nostalgia, I would not even buy the one I mentioned. Having bought it... it's not the greatest mini ever but I don't regret it.

Another negative thread from Animal Man on books he's never read nor offering any constructive reasoning as to what his criticism is based on. Its always "I don't like the idea,so it shouldn't exist" school of thought.
    Where the Titans of Classic Comics Speak http://classiccomics.boards.net/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpOck View Post
    People (aside from a small minority) like Deadpool. He makes Marvel money, and fans seem to like the stories for the most part. I don't see anything wrong with that.
    because eventually the ideas will get so stupid that nobody will even pay attention to them anymore like deadpool vs the snowman or deadpool's ice cream truck adventure

they'll run out of logical opponents for deadpool sooner or later and then what will we have? deadpool goes to the DMV or Deadpool Vs Walmart

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    I got your intention, and yes I agree that it's too much.

More importantly the quality of these comics is not very high from what I've seen. If it weren't for nostalgia, I would not even buy the one I mentioned. Having bought it... it's not the greatest mini ever but I don't regret it.
    and that's the thing if someone's a huge deadpool fan then good for them I'm not gonna whine and complain just because they get more of what they want but just because some people really really like deadpool...does that mean the rest of us should drown in a sea of deadpool mini's?

because eventually the ideas will get so stupid that nobody will even pay attention to them anymore like deadpool vs the snowman or deadpool's ice cream truck adventure

they'll run out of logical opponents for deadpool sooner or later and then what will we have? deadpool goes to the DMV or Deadpool Vs Walmart
    If no one pays attention to them than Marvel will stop publishing them. Anyway, it's going to be a very long time before Marvel runs out of people for Deadpool to fight.

And for the record, I would buy all of the fake minis you listed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpOck View Post
    If no one pays attention to them than Marvel will stop publishing them. Anyway, it's going to be a very long time before Marvel runs out of people for Deadpool to fight.

And for the record, I would buy all of the fake minis you listed.
    so You'd be in favor of deadpool vs Stiltman Or Deadpool vs J.Jonah Jameson

again i have to remind everyone viewing this topic I'm not trying to troll or viciously attack deadpool fans or anyone that might be interested in these mini's I'm just a little tired of seeing a new one announced every month with the same concept of "Deadpool Tries to kill this thing" or "Deadpool Goes Against [Insert Character Name Here]" it's a never ending fantasy death match series plotted like a demented fanfiction

No, of course not. They went overboard a few years ago when he had three ongoing titles.

But yeah, I do find it ridiculous that we've reached a point where a week after one mini ends, another starts. Once Deadpool vs. X-Force ends, it'll be time for Art of War, though at least that one is being written by Peter David.

On the plus side, Deadpool vs. X-Force looks like it'll be pretty decent. Better than vs. Deadpool or vs. Carnage. It's a nice throwback to the early '90s.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    No, of course not. They went overboard a few years ago when he had three ongoing titles.

But yeah, I do find it ridiculous that we've reached a point where a week after one mini ends, another starts. Once Deadpool vs. X-Force ends, it'll be time for Art of War, though at least that one is being written by Peter David.

On the plus side, Deadpool vs. X-Force looks like it'll be pretty decent. Better than vs. Deadpool or vs. Carnage. It's a nice throwback to the early '90s.
    don't forget hawkeye vs deadpool which starts in September

so You'd be in favor of deadpool vs Stiltman Or Deadpool vs J.Jonah Jameson

again i have to remind everyone viewing this topic I'm not trying to troll or viciously attack deadpool fans or anyone that might be interested in these mini's I'm just a little tired of seeing a new one announced every month with the same concept of "Deadpool Tries to kill this thing" or "Deadpool Goes Against [Insert Character Name Here]" it's a never ending fantasy death match series plotted like a demented fanfiction
    Yes, I would, because I think those books would entertain me. And yes, you kind of are. You're basically telling me that books I enjoy are dumb, and I'm dumb for buying them.
    Here's a crazy idea: if you don't like a book or it's concept, you don't have to buy it. I understand being unhappy about a character or concept you don't like showing up in your favorite book, but that doesn't mean that if that character/concept gets it's own book that book and it's fans are bad or stupid. For instance, I hate the character of Fantomex. If he shows up in Daredevil or Star-Lord (books I enjoy) I'll probably be unhappy. However, I didn't care about Fantomex MAX when it came out, because there's no way I would read it and it didn't affect me or the books I was reading in any way.

Fantastic Member

Not gonna lie I'm considering the PAD one. And Vs X-Force is not bad you should check it out. Cable doesn't have nearly enough pouches to be a throwback though.

I think it's a valid complaint to say that many of these are just not well-thought-out concepts. Or that I would have preferred other ones.

If they do a Cable Vs Deadpool that would be a treat. Not set in the past (like vsX-Force) but in the present.

BANNED

I could see it bothering me if for some reason I was being forced to buy every Deadpool comic. Otherwise, why should it bother me at all? If there is enough demand for
    Marvel to keep doing them, the smart business strategy is to do it.