Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Incredible Member blanchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    541

    Default Fancast gender bender X-Men

    Watching Game of Thrones and American Horror Story I can't help but think that Lena Headey and Jessica Lange would do a great job of playing Magneto.

    Are there any other actors that you think would kill it in an opposite sex part?



  2. #2
    Mighty Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,583

    Default

    Everyone in Hollywood these days is super generic looking so it makes it less fun to fancast. The weeding out of the character actor in lieu of the "stock lead" aesthetic is a travesty.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member Silvermoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,630

    Default

    Charles - Julie Andrews
    Cyclops - Sandra Bullock
    Wolverine - Christina Ricci
    Jean - Alex Mckensie
    Storm - Todrick Hall
    Magneto - Helen mirren

  4. #4
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,501

    Default

    Okay, but, Richard Madden as Gene Grey.

    Kristen Stewart as Cyclops.

    Alice Eve as Angel.

    Anna Kendrick as Ice(wo)man

    Idris Elba as Storm

    Jessica Lange as Magneto

    I'm stuck on Beast

    "I'll always love you, Jean Grey." "I'll always love you too, Scott Summers." - Scott Summers and Jean Grey

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member CRaymond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    3,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I'm stuck on Beast
    Gwendoline Christie

  6. #6
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Gwendoline Christie
    A bit older than what I was going for, but yes! She's fantastic!

    "I'll always love you, Jean Grey." "I'll always love you too, Scott Summers." - Scott Summers and Jean Grey

  7. #7
    Extraordinary Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    9,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Okay, but, Richard Madden as Gene Grey.

    Kristen Stewart as Cyclops.

    Alice Eve as Angel.

    Anna Kendrick as Ice(wo)man

    Idris Elba as Storm

    Jessica Lange as Magneto

    I'm stuck on Beast
    That's a terrible choice, Stewart can't emote at all, much less manage it with her eyes covered (a requirement for playing Cyclops no matter the gender).

  8. #8
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Mary Elizabeth Winstead - Cyclops
    Rooney Mara - Wolverine
    Haley Bennett - Angel
    Chris Pine - Gene Grey
    Mahershala Ali - Storm
    Last edited by Papa Moai; 01-03-2018 at 05:37 PM.

  9. #9
    Jubilant Member Dementia5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    3,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Kristen Stewart as Cyclops.
    I’d cast Kristen Stewart as the statue of Charles Xavier on the front lawn, that’s about the limit of her range. But ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

  10. #10
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    That's a terrible choice, Stewart can't emote at all, much less manage it with her eyes covered (a requirement for playing Cyclops no matter the gender).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I’d cast Kristen Stewart as the statue of Charles Xavier on the front lawn, that’s about the limit of her range. But ok.
    Y'all haven't watched anything with Kristen Stewart in it outside of Twilight, have you? It shows.

    "I'll always love you, Jean Grey." "I'll always love you too, Scott Summers." - Scott Summers and Jean Grey

  11. #11
    Jubilant Member Dementia5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    3,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Y'all haven't watched anything with Kristen Stewart in it outside of Twilight, have you? It shows.
    On the contrary - I saw Snore White and the Huntsman. Two hours of my life I’ll never get back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

  12. #12
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    On the contrary - I saw Snore White and the Huntsman. Two hours of my life I’ll never get back.
    That's your problem, you don't watch the right films :P

    A bunch of films released since the end of Twilight that have featured Stewart have been great, and she's been great in them.

    "I'll always love you, Jean Grey." "I'll always love you too, Scott Summers." - Scott Summers and Jean Grey

  13. #13
    Extraordinary Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    9,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    That's your problem, you don't watch the right films :P

    A bunch of films released since the end of Twilight that have featured Stewart have been great, and she's been great in them.
    Even when I see Stewart doing public stuff she keeps that same vacant look on her face - plus I can't really buy her doing anything physical which is a must for nearly any superhero. Even a shooty type like Cyclops.

    Maybe Katheryn Winnick would look good as a brunette....

  14. #14
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Even when I see Stewart doing public stuff she keeps that same vacant look on her face - plus I can't really buy her doing anything physical which is a must for nearly any superhero. Even a shooty type like Cyclops.
    That's her public persona, yes. She doesn't like to be photographed so she basically keeps herself monotonous so that paparazzi are less interested in taking candids.

    "I'll always love you, Jean Grey." "I'll always love you too, Scott Summers." - Scott Summers and Jean Grey

  15. #15
    Jubilant Member Dementia5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    3,060

    Default

    I’d totally buy Chris Hemsworth as the “White King”.

    Oh wait...that’s already a thing, isn’t it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •