Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Default Predict the odds that the Fantastic Four title will return in 2017

Sadly, I will start the boll rolling and be honest with a low prediction of only a 10% chance that the FF will return in 2017. I hope that I am proved wrong.

Extraordinary Member

15%. mARVel needs to stop slapping their loyal fans in the face so harshly.

Incredible Member

50% Marvel's Big Summer events seem likely to deal with the Eternity Wars Ewing keeps writing about.

Eternity Being Chained up most likely has something to deal this event
    The idea of there being a multiple Ultimate Reed Richards in every single universe must have some kind of repercussion.

It'll either be that or a Hydra event as a result of Captain America being brainwashed.

define "return".

I think the chances of them getting thier own title back are 0%. That said, the pace that Ultimate's is burning through and reshaping the mythology of Marvel there is probably a good chance we'll see a cameo by years end. I'd put that as high as 75%.

A hopeful 50%, by late 2017.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Depends

Reed and Sue reappearing: I'd say 60% a Ewing event would be the best odds of their return (and also the first event I would buy in years.)

A return of a Fantastic Four title: 30%, I think 2018 is their year.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    A hopeful 50%, by late 2017.
    That's pretty much me too. I probable would of guessed lower but I think now that Dr. Doom is now Iron Man I think their chances of returning are higher now. Also with Marvel Entertainment helping FOX out with their X-men shows and with the X-men ResurreXion titles coming out I think the Fantastic Four chances of returning are higher then before.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

My thinking is they would spin a new FF book out of a major event, something on the scale of SW or CW2, but not the 2017 event, so probably in 2018.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

They'll probably not return until 2018 I know that the summer event of 2017 is definitely going to be like a hydra war or hail hydra event centered on culmination of everything we've seen with the captain america hail hydra story.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Nah, like Thor before them, they need a few years to get the desire back.

I could see Reed and Sue appearing at some point, but no team reunion for a while.

However, when they do, 'the feels' around Ben and Johnny meeting back up with Sue and Reed should be immense.

In fact, I'd love to see it get to a point when even Doom needs them back. A few years should do that.

A such, I give it a 10% chance
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Nah, like Thor before them, they need a few years to get the desire back.

I could see Reed and Sue appearing at some point, but no team reunion for a while.

However, when they do, 'the feels' around Ben and Johnny meeting back up with Sue and Reed should be immense.

In fact, I'd love to see it get to a point when even Doom needs them back. A few years should do that.

A such, I give it a 10% chance
    With rumors that Bendis and Valerio Schiti might do the Fantastic Four relaunch (well, a 4chan rumor anyway) this could be a crossover event with Infamous Iron Man. If anyone can override the rumored "exile" of the Fantastic Four from publishing it would be Bendis. That or the chilly relationship between Fox Studios and Marvel Entertainment (the part run by Ike Perlmutter) could be thawing. I say we have a 50/50 chance of getting an announcement by fall of 2017. (I should bookmark this reply to remind myself)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    15%. mARVel needs to stop slapping their loyal fans in the face so harshly.
    Not gonna happen. They don't care at all about their loyal fans. We are just a bunch of conservative nerds for us.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

33%. That's my guess.

Niffleheim

It hasn't been long enough to actually warrant a return after the farewell they got in Secret Wars so my prediction is 2%.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Ultimate Member

ZERO%

Because for all the folks crying about "we want FF" fall into 3 groups-

1) the fan who will actually put their MONEY where their mouth is and at least try the book.

2) the fan who only wants to see it on the shelf to IGNORE like they always have.

3) the fan who sees Moon Girl and is offended that book is around and hopes a FF book will take it's place-so they can still IGNORE it.

If folks truly want a FF book-put a petition together with folks who will commit to buying the first 6 (or 12 issues) of the book no matter what. If they see say at least 100K names (and at least 75-50% follow through) they might do it.

But as long as number 2 & 3 continue to be the loudest and at times the rudest-why should Marvel listen? There are more negative comments towards a kid's book (Moon Girl) than comments about 90% of all the other books that do sell. Not just here but DC too.

Then we want to cry why Dr Strange or Hal Jordan & his love letter aren't selling as well-more effort is done to rip Moon Girl than help Dr Strange or SIlver Surfer.