Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Occupy Avengers #2 [Spoilers]

Well that was a fun issue.

It's nice to see the story from Red Wolfs perspective and how confused he is over... pretty much everything Clint ever says.
    While we are at it: The Stuff clint says is so spot on, I love that Walker seems to get him.

The only complaint I have about thisissue is that Hydro Man was defeated by two Kids with a stun-gun, I mean it's not like Red Wolf and Hawkeye would have an shock-arrowhead lying around somewhere or something. But it's fine as Walker said that the theme of the comic would be the Team helping others to help themselves.

Oh and I am sure hyped for Issue #3. Steve Rogers wanting to kill Barton... well that is new. Considering how close they are (or were) that has to be good.
    I just hope it's really Steve instead of some Mindtrick.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

I liked the issue too. It was interesting to see all the teasers for the future of the series. I wonder if the Nick Fury who appeared there is a LMD (as the real one recently appeared in Unworthy Thor as the new "Watcher")

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I liked the issue too. It was interesting to see all the teasers for the future of the series. I wonder if the Nick Fury who appeared there is a LMD (as the real one recently appeared in Unworthy Thor as the new "Watcher")
    It is, it was stated in an Interview or in the description of a future issue.

And I can't wait for the AI to join the party.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

BANNED

I wanted some back story on Red Wolf but which incarnation is this guy? Whats his real name?

Quote Originally Posted by SeanBansheeCassidy View Post
    I wanted some back story on Red Wolf but which incarnation is this guy? Whats his real name?
    Redd Wolfawitz

does anyone know if the Fury A.I is the same one that joined the Shadow Council? I didn't read the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    It is, it was stated in an Interview or in the description of a future issue.

And I can't wait for the AI to join the party.
    Could you put a link of that interview? I would totally appreciate it ^^

It's nice to read a Clint that acts and feels like Clint again. He and Red Wolf also have a nice dynamic going .

You really have to wonder how Hydro-Man is ever a threat if a simple taser can just take him out .

Same goes for Sandman. Porcupine scored a victory over him in Spider-Woman a couple of months back because of an obvious weakness (he was fused into glass).

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Could you put a link of that interview? I would totally appreciate it ^^
    As I said I don't really know if it was an Interview. The description of Issue #4 says this:

Wait a minute... Isn't Nick Fury dead? The original Nick Fury, leader of the Howling Commandos. He's dead. Right? Because someone that looks a whole lot like him is out to kill Clint and his renegade team of Occupy Avengers. Plus: Has Red Wolf found love?
    So maybe I just read this and made the rest up in my head.

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by SeanBansheeCassidy View Post
    This is the Red Wolf who made his appearance back in the Secret Wars "1872" miniseries. He came to the main Marvel Universe during his series which came out about a year or so ago.

As for my thoughts on the issue, it was nice. Here are some brief thoughts:

- I liked the partnership developing between Clint and Red Wolf. There's some nice comedic potential between these two. At the same time, I liked how Walker made the parallel that both of them were lost in a way.

- The Firehearts were funny and for a while I thought that they were regulars in the series. I chuckled a bit upon reading the reference to the Mark Dacascos classic "Brotherhood of the Wolf." Nice shout-out!

- There seemed to be an underlying message concerning Hawkeye's approach to dealing with trouble. Basically, the guy makes it up as he goes along before he's struck by luck. I kept thinking that him making fun of Hydro-Man was leading to some clever climax.....................and then the Fireheart brothers rescue him and Red Wolf. Damn, that's gotta be some Barton Luck kicking in.

- Really? Hydro-Man's taken down just by a taser? Seemed a bit too simple for me.

Anyway, good read. Looking forward to the next issue.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Same goes for Sandman. Porcupine scored a victory over him in Spider-Woman a couple of months back because of an obvious weakness (he was fused into glass).
    Didn't Spidey defeat him in his first appearance by using a vacuum?

The firehearts were fun and i wouldnt mind if they popped up in Champions. All in all it was a fun issue.

As for what's to come page, did anyone else think that it looked kind of like Manifold with the wheelchair guy? Maybe I'm just bad when it comes to rough outlines but it looked like his staff.

As for Steve, given what's going on with him and what his series is setting up I'm not exactly surprised that he's gonna try to kill Clint.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I wonder how Clint would react to the idea that HydraCap basically manipulated the events that led to him killing Banner?

Fantastic Member

Hydro-man has alway been sorta joke. Its just he usually fighting fighting Spider-man not Guy with Arrows and Use to be able to talk to wolves guy. Being taken down by a taser is par for course for Morris.