Amazing Member

Default Why did Thanos build a bust of Skeletor on the moon?

My knowledge of the Marvel universe is limited, but I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that Thanos is not such a huge fan of He-Man that he decided to build a giant bust of Skeletor on the moon.

That being the case, does anyone know what is going on here in Legendary Star-Lord #4 from 2014? It's not mentioned in the comic, it's just what Thanos happens to be doing when Star-Lord tracks him down.

Screenshot_2016-12-26-23-53-57.jpg

Screenshot_2016-12-26-23-55-29.jpg

Failing that, does anyone know of a Marvel character with a cloak and exposed skull who Thanos could plausibly want to build a model of? Has Thanos ever met Taskmaster?

Kind regards
    Andy

Niffleheim

That looks like Mistress Death.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Amazing Member

Thank you kindly.

Niffleheim

Thanos built it as a monument for his beloved
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by boffy View Post
    Thank you kindly.
    You're welcome

But thanks for the Skeletor reference, it did make me laugh and makes me think of various crossovers.

Is Skeletor the brother of Lady Death.
    He-Man versus Thanos.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    But thanks for the Skeletor reference, it did make me laugh and makes me think of various crossovers.
    Right now I'm enjoying the He-Man/Thundercats crossover published by DC, but didn't see any discussions over there (he.org does). Skeletor and Mumm-Ra have an… interesting interaction, to say the least.

Both DC and Marvel published He-Man and the Masters of the Universe in the past, by the way.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES