Default Lobster Johnson TPB collections

Has anybody heard if/when a Volume 5 will be coming?

Volume 4 (Get the Lobster!) came out at the end of 2014, and I'm assuming Volume 5 would cover:
    * A Chain Forged in Life
    * The Glass Mantis
    * The Forgotten Man
    * Metal Monsters of Midtown #1-3
    if they're going to collect things in the order in which they were published.

Still no word on if / when / what for a Volume 5 collection?

It's been a while since Volume 4 was issued, so I would have thought we'd have heard something before this.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Still no word on if / when / what for a Volume 5 collection?

It's been a while since Volume 4 was issued, so I would have thought we'd have heard something before this.
    I think you'll find the one-shots collected in Volume 5, and Tonci Zonjic's stories in Volume 6. Especially since the one-shots are set in 1935, while Tonci's stories are set in 1936.

Volume 5:
    • A Chain Forged in Life
    • The Glass Mantis
    • The Forgotten Man
    • Garden of Bones
    • Unreleased story

Volume 6:
    • Metal Monsters of Midtown
    • The Pirate's Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    I think you'll find the one-shots collected in Volume 5, and Tonci Zonjic's stories in Volume 6. Especially since the one-shots are set in 1935, while Tonci's stories are set in 1936.
    But wouldn't that seem like cheating since all the issues have "Number (fill in blank) in a Series" on the inside cover?

They did it with Volume 3. The stories were completely reshuffled for the trade paperback.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    They did it with Volume 3. The stories were completely reshuffled for the trade paperback.
    But, did they skip any of the stories that were published as a Lobster Johnson comic to collect them in a different tpb volume, or was it just the order was rearranged as to which issue came before another one?

Fantastic Member

But, did they skip any of the stories that were published as a Lobster Johnson comic to collect them in a different tpb volume, or was it just the order was rearranged as to which issue came before another one?
    I think the thinking is more like let's collect these together because they're from the same year of the story. It does make more sense to read them that way despite the fact The Lobster releases have always jumped around a little.

No, but the same thing happened with Hellboy volumes 11 and 12. The Storm was held for a later trade where it was deemed more appropriate.

Ah, I didn't realize all the issues that will make up 5 weren't out yet. So final issue probably won't be till after the Pirates Ghost. Hopefully they then put out 5 & 6 in a short time frame. It'll have been quite awhile since 4 came out so it would be nice to get caught back up

Quote Originally Posted by Skinkie View Post
    Ah, I didn't realize all the issues that will make up 5 weren't out yet.
    Actually, there are enough issues that have been released to make up a Volume 5 tpb collection; it's just a question of what they intend to include in a Volume 5.

With this month's Garden of Bones, there are seven issues worth of uncollected stories (four one-shots and the three-part Metal Monsters of Midtown arc) that have already been released in Lobster Johnson issues.