Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I'll just say this. The way the Rogue One crew got to the plans to transmit them was a lot more palatable than the cheesy redux we got in TFA with Han and Finn easily persuading Phasma to give them the goods. And the obligatory reference to a trash chute.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    No you're thinking about episode 6 and the second Death Star, Mon Mothma wasn't in episode 4.
    Ah okay. thanks!
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Why was the girl mad about the rebel guy and the white-cape bad guy when both chose to not kill her father?

Incredible Member

Some more plot holes here:

https://youtu.be/KLT1AURyFbM

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    Why was the girl mad about the rebel guy and the white-cape bad guy when both chose to not kill her father?
    Yeah White cape guy(Krennic) only shot her mother and basically dragged her father away against his will in front of her when she was a kid and that was the last time she saw him until seconds before his death over a decade later, what was there to be mad at?

Also grieving people are not always the most rational and while Cassian didn't pull the trigger per se he was still a member of the faction that did order it and did actually kill her father in front of her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    Some more plot holes here:

https://youtu.be/KLT1AURyFbM
    I see zero plot holes mentioned in this video.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I see zero plot holes mentioned in this video.
    It seems 'plot hole' means 'things I don't understand/agree with' these days.

Darth Vader really should've just Force TK'd the plans to him. But then we wouldn't have gotten that kick-ass genre-shift corridor scene, so I'm more than willing to forgive that small oversight.

I'm not sure of this, but in a way Vader sort of accidentally allowed the plans to get through the door I think-one of the bodies he hurls hits the button causing the door to open a bit for the plans to be passed-or at least I think I saw that.

Speaking of Mon Mothma, although the character wasn't created until VI, it's curious that she's in Yavin IV a lot in Rogue One...I suppose her and the fleet kind of move around a lot, and were possibly evacuated from Yavin in case the Death star did wipe it out-especially considering what happened with Bail.

As for the Bothans, original EU/Legends wise I think covered that mission, although Disney is free to of course create their own storyline based on that-they could even create their own Bothans-might come in handy, considering how many times the EU art was inconsistent with them.

http://www.starwars.com/news/a-tale-...ar-wars-aliens

I wouldn't mind if they were retconned to these guys:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dressellian -it was sort of 'fanon' that these guys were Bothans for a while...
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 01-06-2017 at 01:43 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Darth Vader really should've just Force TK'd the plans to him. But then we wouldn't have gotten that kick-ass genre-shift corridor scene, so I'm more than willing to forgive that small oversight.
    I thought the scene could have been a bit snappier. It looked like DV was sort of half-hearted about what he was doing there, and it seemed like he "accidentally" allowed the plans to slip through.

Which could be the case, if he secretly resented the Empire or Palpatine specifically. DV has usually been presented as having his own agenda and he did ultimately turn against the dark side. Plus I am really getting the impression now that the Death Star/Planet Killer idea was much more controversial within the Empire than previously thought.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Vader sort of messed up at the end of A new Hope and Empire as well. It's kind of funny that pretty much the entirety of Marvel's Darth Vader comic involved him getting his reputation back....

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    It seems 'plot hole' means 'things I don't understand/agree with' these days.
    I've noticed a lot of people cannot empathize or otherwise understand the motivations of characters and that they often confuse what the audience knows to what characters do.

Potholes are in reality, uncommon to rare.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

I remember back in the old EU they sort of tried to cover up the Death Star a bit too-explaining that was used for mining asteroids or something like that, or that Alderaan was either an accident or actually destroyed by the alliance. Heck, even Han thought it was some kind of asteroid collision at first.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I remember back in the old EU they sort of tried to cover up the Death Star a bit too-explaining that was used for mining asteroids or something like that, or that Alderaan was either an accident or actually destroyed by the alliance. Heck, even Han thought it was some kind of asteroid collision at first.
    Han thought he'd come out of hyperspace in the wrong place, not that the rubble surrounding his ship had destroyed Alderaan, which he figured was just fine, except not here. He didn't even believe Obi-Wan when he said it had been destroyed.

Extraordinary Member

Not a plot hole but strange how Saw was bald in commercials and had a wild hairdo in the movie. And what happened to his line" What will you become? If you keep fighting?..." That was the line that sold me on the movie.