Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Not a plot hole but strange how Saw was bald in commercials and had a wild hairdo in the movie. And what happened to his line" What will you become? If you keep fighting?..." That was the line that sold me on the movie.
    Reshoots. There were apparently a lot of them. I'd personally like to see what was different about the third act.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Reshoots. There were apparently a lot of them. I'd personally like to see what was different about the third act.
    I hope the dvd/blu ray has those original shoots. That had to be one of the best monologues in SW history.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Not a plot hole but strange how Saw was bald in commercials and had a wild hairdo in the movie. And what happened to his line" What will you become? If you keep fighting?..." That was the line that sold me on the movie.
    I don't know, but that line sounded like some cool sounding sound bit they recorded for the trailer, not actual dialogue.
    I think a decision was made to go with more natural dialogue ratehr than cool one-liners sometime after the first teaser was made. It was probably a good choice, even if I really did wanted to see Jynn's "This is a rebellion, isn't it. I rebel." line.

But I suspect a big part of Saw's past with Jynn got cut.

I don't recall but wasn't he bald in the flashback when he first rescued her?
    Last edited by Carabas; 01-07-2017 at 01:31 AM.

You're correct, he was, we only got that one shot of it though so it'd be easy to forget

Yeah, I think the bald Saw is supposed to represent him at a younger age. If you look at some of the tie-in books, there appears to have been a deleted scene or something with Saw in his ship with Jyn at some point in the past. So presumably the scene was in a deleted flashback sequence.

The upcoming "Rebels" season-which will presumably show Saw's break with the regular Rebels-also has the bald version of Saw.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Yeah White cape guy(Krennic) only shot her mother and basically dragged her father away against his will in front of her when she was a kid and that was the last time she saw him until seconds before his death over a decade later, what was there to be mad at?

Also grieving people are not always the most rational and while Cassian didn't pull the trigger per se he was still a member of the faction that did order it and did actually kill her father in front of her.
    I thought she grew up with the guy and her father when her dad worked for the Empire?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    I thought she grew up with the guy and her father when her dad worked for the Empire?
    No, she grew up with Saw Gerrera.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Two problems I couldn't get/had issue with the movie:

1. The "Hentai" alien: I'm talking about that creature that ravaged the imperial pilot to see if he was telling the truth. The scene would be 100x more times disturbing if the pilot was a woman. Seriously, the interrogator was a tech wizard and he uses a hentai alien instead of some sort of droid like Vader did?

2. Jyn Erso not getting caught: She's a little girl that watches her parents get killed not that far away. The commanding officer tells his troopers to find the girl. They're not in a forest, not in the dark, but in a big field of grass. How did they not see her?
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 01-08-2017 at 07:21 AM.

I saw it, and I liked it. Compared to the prequels and TFA, it's good, being the best since ESB.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    No, she grew up with Saw Gerrera.
    I remember a scene in the movie where she is with her dad where he dad is working for the Empire and the bad guy is there.

That was before they left the Empire. She was obviously younger in that flashback scene than in the scene where her mother was killed
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

BANNED

What Hulahulk said.

You can tell by her mother (wearing an imperial uniform) being in the scene as well.

She isn't wearing an Imperial uniform, but Galen clearing is-maybe that's what you meant. But yeah that's intended to be further in the past than the opening scene. Galen looks somewhat younger too (With Mads clean-shaven and probably wearing some makeup or CG thing to 'smooth him out' a bit from the scenes set later) and they're all on Coruscant. I think the scene is further expanded on in the Catalyst novel.

Incredible Member

I don't think Vader was ever a big fan of the Death Star, surely we all remember this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzs-OvfG8tE

Yeah, that's pretty consistent. Even in ROTJ he's mainly doing the Emperor's work in getting them to speed things up a bit.