Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

“Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

A few to choose from but I liked this cover of these two fighting.
    juggernaut3.jpg
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Well, I guess having Deadpool save the world is close enough. Looks better if I could use all three covers.

Last edited by Tami; 12-30-2016 at 01:23 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

You can find a bunch of books I wrote stories for here. The weekly column is here.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Not to add even more gloom but I was just reading a local paper yesterday recounting how Indiana native Florence Henderson died this year too if you want to add to your original post WBE. Then they listed other well known people who passed away: Chyna, Arnold Palmer, producer/director Garry Marshall, Robert Vaughn , George Kennedy, Maurice White of Earth Wind & Fire, Paul Kanter from Jefferson Airplane, Vanity. I'd forgotten about these because some were in the early months like January and February.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Not to add even more gloom but I was just reading a local paper yesterday recounting how Indiana native Florence Henderson died this year too if you want to add to your original post WBE. Then they listed other well known people who passed away: Chyna, Arnold Palmer, producer/director Garry Marshall, Robert Vaughn , George Kennedy, Maurice White of Earth Wind & Fire, Paul Kanter from Jefferson Airplane, Vanity. I'd forgotten about these because some were in the early months like January and February.
    And Lemmy Killmeister. Just... way too many to name 'em all.

Say it again, F*** 2016.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Maurice White of course: extraordinary musician, who played with Coltrane and was a session-man for Chess Records and a member of the Ramsey Lewis Trio before founding the VERY AMBITIOUS Earth Wind & Fire.

And Vanity : her death was heartbreaking, three month before Prince...

Other great musicians, all true visionaries : George Martin, producer of the Beatles, Scotty Moore, guitarist of Elvis Prestley, Bernie Worrel, keyboard player of Parliament, Funkadelic or Bootsy's Rubber Band (I shook his hand once during a concert at now sadly well-known Bataclan in Paris). Don't forget them.

I still can't believe the deaths of Carrie Fisher and her mother - I wasn't aware that she was the daughter of the star of Singing in the rain till yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    And Lemmy Killmeister. Just... way too many to name 'em all.

Say it again, F*** 2016.
    I wonder how Lemmy would have phrase it...
    Last edited by Abe; 12-29-2016 at 09:28 AM.

Fantastic Member Chicken Pocket's Avatar

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

An Honorable Theme to have Worstblogever after this year that we Lost So Many People in our World and the with this both the hope and want to try and see death stopped in its tracks by our Very Heroes we admire.

I can choose No Other Cover then One with My #1 Comic Hero Wanda Maximoff - The Scarlet Witch Standing Up to Save her Friends Lives at the COST of her Very OWN!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Surprised this hasn't already been posted. One of the most iconic covers of all time.

4480839-the+flash+(1959-1985)+123-000.jpg
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatGlamorous View Post
    Surprised this hasn't already been posted. One of the most iconic covers of all time.

4480839-the+flash+(1959-1985)+123-000.jpg
    Yet another case of "Dang! Why didn't I think of using that?"
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!