Default Star-lord #1 review

Alright it's time for the next chapter in Starlord's life after Civil War II. I realize I'm a week late with this but in all fairness I've had to deal with the holidays and for it to arrive in the mail, lucky for me it doesn't look like much discussion has happened. Although I do hope this will cause more discussion.

If you haven't been keeping up with the Guardians of the Galaxy or Civil war II(although given the spoilers thread I doubt it) here's what you may have missed. The Guardians got their ship blown up in a massive battle where it crashed into the triskelion. Being stranded on earth things only got worse once the rest of the team found out that Peter had lied to them about Thanos and everyone split up, causing for solo series and stories for all the Guardians. With that in mind what has Peter been up to? Being very lonely and doing a lot of drinking after losing his friends and his fiancé Kitty Pryde, again. But hey at least he's got Howard the Duck's number.

Beyond an awkward encounter with Kitty in a public museum, and a brief reminder that his half sister Victoria is still out in the universe, the rest of the issue deals with a lot more drinking with Old Man Logan. I would love to say that they just had a nice night of drinking but unfortunately this is the marvel universe and Logan manages to start a fight with a gang that's after him, which ends Peter left high and dry as he gets arrested. Yeah he's off to a great start on earth.

Overall I thought it was a good set-up issue that explains where Peter is in his life at this difficult point in time for him while also giving us a general tone for this series as well. Not to mention that Kris Anka really does a great job on the art for this series.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Timeline is a bit screwy for Kitty and Logan. This is clearly after CWII and before IVX... but there's barely any gap between them (and no publishing gap, since they overlap). So when did Kitty join the Extraordinary X-Men? She hasn't shown up in that book, but that's where she's meant to be, according to this. As far as I knew, she was only supposed to join in the aftermath of IVX, when the roster is shuffled for X-Men Gold.

Mighty Member

The book nobody asked for or wanted...

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    I thought that was Solo?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Fantastic Member

Well this is a Solo......

But i liked it and look forward to the next issue. Starlord just can't seem to keep it together without a team.

Chip was a great fit for this title. He's got such a strong voice for his characters. Thought this was great, though the Guardians being stranded on Earth makes no sense but hey at least Chip is making some lemonade with this setup.

I loved it! he Peter looked even hotter than usual (and he is already a hunk!) can't wait to see what's next, I'm already hooked!

also, I just realized the homeless guy he's talking to, has a "Will uke for money" is that the japanese uke meaning in yaoi, meaning the ehm receptive partner? XDD I found that hilarious!

Incredible Member

Well your argument is a logical fallacy considering there is at least one person who wanted this book. So you should restate it to a book that you never asked for since that is the only logical argument that can be had. Unless you have major insecurities about your opinion so you need to state it like 100% of the population holds this specific opinion to make yourself feel better.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    Well your argument is a logical fallacy considering there is at least one person who wanted this book. So you should restate it to a book that you never asked for since that is the only logical argument that can be had. Unless you have major insecurities about your opinion so you need to state it like 100% of the population holds this specific opinion to make yourself feel better.
    Google "rhetoric" and post back with results.

Incredible Member

Google "rhetoric" and post back with results.
    So entertainment is meaningless?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    So entertainment is meaningless?
    I'm guessing you didn't type "rhetoric" in yet...