Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I think once we see the actual island we will know the answers. It brings me back to issue 4 of year one when she asked about the word brother. Hippolyta was pretty quiet. Also the the island is justice league 50 didn't look like Azz's island.

Well Diana can't no longer go back to the Island. So whatever Island she is on is not her home. So I wonder what that Island was they were on.

She'll be going back soon. Probably in April since Rucka's story ends in June.

Spectacular Member

I think you guys are looking way too much into a off handed comment made in another book by a different writer. Also, Hippolyta's hair color doesn't make Justice League 50 wrong since a blonde Hippolyta was considered canon back in 52.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Well Diana can't no longer go back to the Island. So whatever Island she is on is not her home. So I wonder what that Island was they were on.
    Maybe the one Pink Raven from Teen Titans GO made up where all the garbage is turned into food

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    She'll be going back soon. Probably in April since Rucka's story ends in June.
    Rucka is on for 2 years. So it's run ends 2018

Wait!! Really!? I thought he was only doing 24 issues?

It's not set in stone. It's at least 24 so you might be right. I hope he is on for 2 years because that's how long rebirth will last

Rucka's run cannot end soon enough. I'm so disgusted that Diana has gone beyond the women on the verge of a nervous breakdown stage and the obvious return of Steve Trevor, who put her in an asylum, in anticipation of the movie. Yuck.

Y'guys know that actual mental health facilities aren't, like, terrifying horror movie sets filled with maniacal staff and deranged inmates, right?

Hope it lasts more

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
    Y'guys know that actual mental health facilities aren't, like, terrifying horror movie sets filled with maniacal staff and deranged inmates, right?
    Well, this is DC, home of probably the most infamous fictional nuthouse ever.

I know, and I ain't trying to be a jerkass here, but there's been this weird mindset going around lately (not just on CBR but elsewhere too) of, like, "Whaaat, Rucka's putting Diana in an asylum? How dare he! The nerve!" and it's kinda...well, let's just call it "iffy."

If Diana got her arm broken or had an ear infection, she'd go to get it checked out somewhere and no one would consider it weird or shocking or whatever. Right now she's having a mind problem, so she's gonna get her mind checked out. What's so wrong or shameful about that? There shouldn't be any stigma about it.

And honestly, the less said about the Batman mythos' treatment of mental illness, the better. Don't wanna touch that with a twenty-feet stick.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
    I know, and I ain't trying to be a jerkass here, but there's been this weird mindset going around lately (not just on CBR but elsewhere too) of, like, "Whaaat, Rucka's putting Diana in an asylum? How dare he! The nerve!" and it's kinda...well, let's just call it "iffy."

If Diana got her arm broken or had an ear infection, she'd go to get it checked out somewhere and no one would consider it weird or shocking or whatever. Right now she's having a mind problem, so she's gonna get her mind checked out. What's so wrong or shameful about that? There shouldn't be any stigma about it.

And honestly, the less said about the Batman mythos' treatment of mental illness, the better. Don't wanna touch that with a twenty-feet stick.
    I would say this is the normal reaction whenever Diana suffers from something she doesn't immediately bounce back from and I agree that it's an overreaction in most cases.
    But here I do agree with you on the part that Diana is currently incapable of taking care of herself and neither is Steve, so he puts her in for what I assume is observation in a secure environment... not like Arkham that has the 'criminally insane' in it's full name.

That said I do agree with the others that Diana loosing her mind in the span of half a minute, as if Chthulu had appeared before her while Steve was looking the other way... that part I don't agree with. While I am not sure I'd actually want to see it, Diana getting up and admitting herself somewhere, might have been better? (In the sense that Diana herself knows she's cracked and needs help of somekind... a different kind of strength?)

All the happy moment s on her joke never happen. Everything in the last 10 years were lies. Of course someone mind will break but what I it's something else that made Diana's mind break. Thing about it we know Godwatch is the reason. What if whatever they did finally broke causing her mind to break