Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite's Champion View Post
    No I just mean look at batman he clearly has mental issues but they play out in the story as opposed to the way this happened.
    That's because Batman/Bruce Wayne's are not crippling mental health issues.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That's because Batman/Bruce Wayne's are not crippling mental health issues.
    my point is that there are better ways to write her having mental health issues than the way it was written, one that would include better characterization and more plot since this is a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite's Champion View Post
    my point is that there are better ways to write her having mental health issues than the way it was written, one that would include better characterization and more plot since this is a story.
    Agreed. For me, the writing being lousy is one of the main reasons I'm no longer buying/reading Wonder Woman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
    I know, and I ain't trying to be a jerkass here, but there's been this weird mindset going around lately (not just on CBR but elsewhere too) of, like, "Whaaat, Rucka's putting Diana in an asylum? How dare he! The nerve!" and it's kinda...well, let's just call it "iffy."

If Diana got her arm broken or had an ear infection, she'd go to get it checked out somewhere and no one would consider it weird or shocking or whatever. Right now she's having a mind problem, so she's gonna get her mind checked out. What's so wrong or shameful about that? There shouldn't be any stigma about it.

And honestly, the less said about the Batman mythos' treatment of mental illness, the better. Don't wanna touch that with a twenty-feet stick.
    You're making an important point about mental health parity, but I have one (much less important) caveat: believe it or not, some Wonder Woman fans actually might, depending on the circumstances, consider it at least somewhat weird or shocking if Wonder Woman broke an arm. Some fans here were pretty unhappy when she had to be put in a medical comma to recover from physical wounds during the Azzarello run. Many of her fans are understandably sensitive to any hint that the only female member of DC's "trinity" is treated as weaker or more fragile than her male counterparts.