Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    farapeppe

Default Eternity in chains

Sorry guys, pretty new to Marvel Comics but.. wasn't that Eternity? And.. Eternity is supposed to be in chains right now, isnt'it?

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

I just came off a ban related to disrespecting a writer's work, so I'll just say no... no! And the thing he did with Ulysses shouldn't be a surprise because he does it all the time. This was just a more grand exit than he gave the likes of a an Eva Bell, who just disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Anyone have any idea how long you think they'll keep Tony comatose??? Until 2018 maybe??? I personally find riri boring I like the infamous iron man Doctor doom though.
    How do you find a character boring when she's only had two issues about herself...

This is how you can tell people who give new characters a chance versus people who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Did it explain why people love Carol for some reason?
    They probably share similar reasons to the people who are fans of this character...

Incredible Member

As much as I've defended and debated the merits of Civil War II I have to reluctantly join with the crowd and say that the ending left a lot to be desired.

Unless Marvel has plans to use Ulysses in a storyline involving the various abstracts (which I suppose is possible given what is happening in the Ultimates) then it seems a pretty underwhelming end. I would have preferred for Ulysses to dramatically take his own life in front of the assembled heroes commit suicide so that they didn't kill each other over his visions.

I don't really resent the setting up of future series which is really the endgame of events but the series of splash pages seemed lazy and I assume that like the assists from Coipel and Old Man Logan-Sorrentino pages in previous issues a way to get the issues out while Marquez is struggling to keep up with the workload. I appreciate that this is a hectic time for him but it seemed to affect the story. I suspect there were a lot of rewrites, remember the promo image making it seem like this was a Sam Wilson vs Tony Stark event? Even when it got started there was lot of things such as the second demonic looking Inhuman that appeared with Ulysses and the role of Doc Samson that just seemed to be dropped. Even this issue has something of a dropped plot point that it didn't seem to be either Stark or Carol that had Miles in the force field but instead of treating it like a mystery it's dropped. I appreciate that rewrites happen, they happened more than once with Secret Wars it seems but you can still pull things together without a "hey here's a bunch of splash pages for upcoming events".
    Last edited by Orbus; 12-28-2016 at 11:43 AM.

I must admit, I have been a little disappointed in this event. It had such an interesting premise, but it never really felt like it got off the ground. Carol was dealt a harsh hand, and only her solo seemed to make any effort of justifying her position. Tony never really felt right in the 'anti-precog' role. I still think Carol's opposition should have been someone like She-Hulk. I think the best thing about the event has been some of the tie-ins, Steven Rodgers: Captain America in particular put a whole new spin on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    No not really I'm hoping in the oath which serves as the aftermath issue for the last issue will hopefully explore how Carol becomes loved by everyone a the most popular superhero.

The oath will be written by nick spencer captain americas lead writer sadly though it won't release until January 25th but at least it isn't bendis!!!!
    Nick is one of, if not, my favorite writer at Marvel so I really looking forward to seeing how he handles Carol.

Mighty Member

anyone else feel this could've benefited if tony and carol just switched sides? Tony taking rohoeds on the thanos mission would make much more sense as would him being a futurist and wanting to use future visions. At the end, you could have Carol be the babyface and look like the hero as opposed to the antagonist, and even if stark got bad pr at the end, he's got a crappy replacement on the way so it wouldn't matter.

Then again, this was doomed from the moment bendis signed the contract for this book.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    anyone else feel this could've benefited if tony and carol just switched sides? Tony taking rohoeds on the thanos mission would make much more sense as would him being a futurist and wanting to use future visions. At the end, you could have Carol be the babyface and look like the hero as opposed to the antagonist, and even if stark got bad pr at the end, he's got a crappy replacement on the way so it wouldn't matter.

Then again, this was doomed from the moment bendis signed the contract for this book.
    Tony makes way more sense as the pro-pre-cog guy because he is a futurist but that doesn't play into Marvel making Tony their #1 Tent Pole.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by farapeppe View Post
    Sorry guys, pretty new to Marvel Comics but.. wasn't that Eternity? And.. Eternity is supposed to be in chains right now, isnt'it?
    Bendis and Continuity aren't speaking to each other right now.

LMAO. I am so glad I didn't spend one dollar on this event. My friend looked over at me and was like "I'm done with Bendis." LMAO.

I am now convinced Bendis only reads his own comics and doesn't listen to anything but what comes out of his own mouth at these supposed retreats. but then again if it's just a possible future maybe the next year of comics will all be in Ulysesses mind.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    This event was pretty bad, but the worst of all time? I'd say that title goes to Age of Ultron. As for Ulysses evolving to cosmic level...god dam what a cop out.
    Well with the royal family heading out into space if he has any fans at least they have a chance of seeing him there.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Wait, so they just disappeared that poor woman who was arrested by the brown.... errr, blueshirts of SHIELD and she doesn't get even mentioned in the end? Wow. Just wow.

I am as much of a Bendis defender as you are going to find on this board, but by this point I think Marvel should never put him on an event book again. This was seriously bad. Ulysses just bumming off in the end to be a cosmic being was just stupid as hell and a cop-out.

seriously, I don't understand anything about the last issue. I mean, so what? So what exactly were Bendis saying?
    I thought this "civil war 2" event wasn't too bad, so I expected more than that conclusion. WTF.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    The only reason Tony's "dead" is because of Tony started the fight. Carol was defending herself.
    She was not fighting Apocalypse, she was fighting Iron Man, a hero, who is not in hiding and wanted by Shield like in the first civil war. She could have stopped the fight at any time. They were stupid. But as strong as they can be, they can't fight bad writing.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

I went on a Marvel hiatus after Secret Wars and just came back recently. I only came out of this irritated at Carol, can't feel anything else.

All-New Member

Ha! Did the same myself but I've not had the misfortune to read CW2 yet, will read the lot when I pick up the final part tomorrow. Probably have it listed on ebay next week!

Didn't Bendis and Marvel say the reason for the extra issue was to write a better and more conclusive ending? Sounds like the final issue was just a promotional catalogue for future events.

Given that Secret Invasion and Axis would be my tops picks for worst event ever.......is this even worse?