Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Tony makes way more sense as the pro-pre-cog guy because he is a futurist but that doesn't play into Marvel making Tony their #1 Tent Pole.
    Putting him into a coma and replacing him with two new heroes coma also doesn't play into making Tony their new #1 hero, so I guess that's pretty much over and done with .

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Carol was a Fascist this whole event. I'm bewildered as to how she can possibility be a popular hero now in-universe.

And why did the previous issue end with it looking like Carol accidentally killed Tony just to have it play out all over again this issue???

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Carol was a Fascist this whole event. I'm bewildered as to how she can possibility be a popular hero now in-universe.
    And Tony was an over-emotional idiot. I'm not a fan of her, but for me they were equally guilty.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
    Wait, so they just disappeared that poor woman who was arrested by the brown.... errr, blueshirts of SHIELD and she doesn't get even mentioned in the end? Wow. Just wow.

I am as much of a Bendis defender as you are going to find on this board, but by this point I think Marvel should never put him on an event book again. This was seriously bad. Ulysses just bumming off in the end to be a cosmic being was just stupid as hell and a cop-out.
    Well if you want to know where that leads, you'll need to read another bendis book, Jessica jones where she plays a part there now.

Now I wonder if captain marvel will get a bump in sales past the first issue, how have her previous series sold?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    And Tony was an over-emotional idiot. I'm not a fan of her, but for me they were equally guilty.
    Tony was an over-emotional idiot but at least he questioned both Ulysses and his visions. A thought that never crossed Carol's mind even they were shown to be wrong. She still blindly followed them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Anyone still stupid enough to buy an event book written by Bendis deserves what they get. I have zero sympathy for you.
    The man can not write and event book to save his life and has shown this numerous times.
    They all fall part in the end because the man is just not a closer.
    To keep buying them thinking this time it is going to be different make you part of the problem in regards to marvels never ending event cycle.

Next time just think about what your buying a little more.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Quoted for truth.

I don't understand what Marvel is trying to sell here at all.

Most rational people and superheroes would oppose pre-emptive action against innocent people based on visions that Tony Stark and Beast confirmed might not be 100% accurate. I can't for the life of me understand nor can I in any reality support Carol's actions. I've been a staunch defender of Bendis in the past but he really wasn't trying with this series at all. This event was just bad all round and if there was a way I could get my money back I would.

The way Stark even went out was unbelievably stupid for a guy as smart and experienced as him. This was just terrible and frankly it was offensive.

Still a better issue than Justice vs Suicide Squad #2

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    Respectfully disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    Well, in JLvsSS #2, we had Superheroes actually fighting Supervillains, being heroes, genuinely fun moments, and the surprise at the end made far more sense then any of the shock value twists in this event, so I also have to respectfully disagree on that front.

Plus, stuff is actually happening, which is more then I can say for the first two issues of Civil War II .

It's gonna take a lot for me to have any respect for Carol Danvers as a character after this. She was very fascist, never really took responsibility for her actions, almost killed Iron Man and then got away scott free with the president wanting her to run after him. Imagine if she was president and still had Ulysses available; "so this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause".
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

i think i have to be done with Bendis after this. i'm sick of dragging things out for 2 issues in an entire event that actually do anything. this series could have honestly be told in 4 issues, but due to dragging things out, we get 8 cash grab issues that were spoiled because they were late

I think the funniest part of the whole thing is they literally used promo art or direct pages from upcoming books. I'm like, "This looks like lenil yu's art." Then I see his signature at the bottom. Then I thought "if Medusa and them are seeing this shouldn't they know the mutants are ready for war since they are the aggressors in the image." and then I was just like. "Whatever..."
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    It's gonna take a lot for me to have any respect for Carol Danvers as a character after this. She was very fascist, never really took responsibility for her actions, almost killed Iron Man and then got away scott free with the president wanting her to run after him. Imagine if she was president and still had Ulysses available; "so this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause".
    I use to like her but I don't get her anymore. Like why is she so sure this is the way to go. What if it was Spider Woman's baby and at the age of 7 months he would get powers that manifested in taking out a whole city block. Would she arrest him. It's just a really sloppy story.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/