Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Good point!
    Well there was Hulk VS IM, Avengers VS IM, Fury's candidates VS the Investigating heroes, Fury's LMD's VS Avengers...yeah that was definitely Hero VS Hero.

BANNED

World War Hulk?

long past due for Zemo to do something big. Osborn, Thanos, and Doom have had their shots.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    long past due for Zemo to do something big. Osborn, Thanos, and Doom have had their shots.
    The original Baron Zemo? Is he back?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    I think he was talking about Helmut, who's showing up in Steve Rogers: Captain America book and will be playing a big role in Thunderbolts soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Helmut, the only Zemo that matters, is (as Frontier said) back in action. he's supposed to be reorganizing the Masters of Evil. he's ruled behind the scenes before. and he embarrassed S.H.I.E.L.D recently. but I think it's time that he thought bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Helmut, the only Zemo that matters, is (as Frontier said) back in action. he's supposed to be reorganizing the Masters of Evil. he's ruled behind the scenes before. and he embarrassed S.H.I.E.L.D recently. but I think it's time that he thought bigger.
    Well, that's not really much of an accomplishment at this point .

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    I dunno...I mean, I wouldn't say that CWII is good, but to call it the worst event of all of them? When we've had the likes of CWI and freaking Avengers VS X-Men?
    Now, don't get me wrong, because most of the arguments resulting from AvX were the worst things I've ever slogged through on the internet not counting Encyclopedia Dramatica, and it pretty much soured me on the X-men for years, BUT: AvX's concept alone was enough to carry the series, and it still got people excited about Marvel comics. CWII on the other hand: nooooooot so much.

I feel bad for Kelly Sue Deconnick. She did so much to elevate Carol to the upper echelon, and all that work got tossed out so that Bendis could have an unreasonable villain with paper thin motivation for her actions.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

So were those possible futures shown or just previews for Marvel's storylines this year.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    So were those possible futures shown or just previews for Marvel's storylines this year.
    I think it's meant to be both .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    for how useless and ridiculous they can be.

Nothing Happened.
    Well, no, not nothing.

After having just read it, I really have learned to hate Carol Danvers.

Pity. I always liked her before Civil Wars.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Well, no, not nothing.

After having just read it, I really have learned to hate Carol Danvers.

Pity. I always liked her before Civil Wars.
    You mean you hate Bendis' version of Carol Danvers.

I just read issue #8. It was okay but overall I was let down by Civil War 2 as it could have been much better and it speaks volumes that some of the side issues to Civil War 2 were better than the main comics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    You mean you hate Bendis' version of Carol Danvers.
    Yes, though I shouldn't be surprised. The writer who has Carol telling Spider-Woman she should use her powers to commit date rape clearly has NO grasp of the character.

Sadly in this case other cannot simply ignore his poor efforts. But going forward Stohl looks to be more promising.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor