Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    A big chunk of the superhero community doesn't support her anymore. Most of them bailed on her when she pointed the finger at Miles. She was much worse in tie-in where she betrayed Nico, turned on Aurora, repeated the mistake that lead to Banner's death with Amadeus.
    Miles himself believed he might kill Steve Rogers because Miles thought he was a son of a gun, like father and uncle. So I wouldn't be putting to much hate on Carol if the kid himself doubted his own credibility.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    i didn't in anyway see it as her grabbing miles she was simply talking to miles peacefully trying to deescalate the situation she even called off the cops.

If you view it as her making the situation worse well that's your opinion but I didn't see it like that at all I saw it as her honestly trying to have a heart to heart with miles trying to peacefully talk to him about the situation and again she called off the cops.

and I didn't see it as Carol grabbing miles but if you think otherwise again that's your opinion, but stark again has no reason to resort to violence and Carol has every right to defend herself when he attacked her is she supposed to just allow stark to attack her without defending herself potentially allowing herself to be killed??? You guys are ridiculous.

And she had every right to be there just admit it you don't like Carol.
    The situation already deescalate when the cops were called off. At that point in the story even Hill knew it was a bad idea to pursue the Miles vision but Carol insisted on arresting him. It doesn't help that Old Man Logan implies that incident kick start the events that lead to his future. It was a situation where it was better to let sleeping dogs lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Joke is on Marvel! I bought neither the mini-series nor the tie-ins.

Am I the only one that feels almost like Marvel is folding their business and they are just trying to grab some last cash before the end? I mean, it doesn't feel like they are even trying anymore... The way they ended Cyclops' Uncanny X-Men, how they handled Death of X, how they are handling IvX, this event that came from nowhere and went nowhere... It doesn't seem like they care to keep the loyalty of long-term buyers, they make promises and don't deliver, they build expectations and then brush them off, and at the same time, they destroy classic heroes for short term shock value... the Avengers and the X-Men in shambles, the FF and Tony Stark are out of commission, Captain America and Hank Pym are evil...

It feels like a soap opera that has gone for too long and is slowly dying, but they try to produce a few more episodes to get some more money before folding out...

EDIT: By the way, they are running out of super-scientists in the MU... Some day some weird sentient alien virus or something similar will attack and they will realize that there is nobody left able to find a solution...
    I haven't worked out Marvels overall plan with ANAD but it does look like they are isolating long term fans.

It could be working up to a story about how redundant Marvel super heroes are in a new iteration of creation, because really, if you are going to do a story of an new Iteration of existence, you had to start from scratch. These heroes in this universe of ANAD are passe' if you were looking at it logically. They are dinosaurs.

What Marvel neglected to do is when starting a new Iteration, is not have Reed Richards nostalgically remaking all his friends in his doll house of ANAD. Marvel should have started an Earth with no super heroes again. Then challenge creators to make new super heroes appear from Microwave accidents.

My own early take on what CWII represents is a glitch in the idealistic ANAD landscape, when Ulysses represented one of those exciting ways out of the constant merry-go-round that is super villain encounters. ANAD was this dull, directionless, flooding of this universe with a constant stream of new super people, and for a while, everyone's mind in the super community, got a respite from this crowded marketplace in CWII. Ulysses seemed to represent a moment of clarity, where people could focus on a new method of villain control, and distract most people from their otherwise mundane existence there.
    Last edited by jackolover; 12-29-2016 at 06:34 PM.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    Disagree. Punching is basically how heroes say hello nowadays. How many times has Carol been the aggressor in these tie-ins?
    In very few none that really stand out Carol is like mentioned in some tie ins but she's not much of a central part of most of the tie ins hence not really an aggressor to begin with but we get it you just hate Carol what else is new???

Mighty Member

In very few none that really stand out Carol is like mentioned in some tie ins but she's not much of a central part of most of the tie ins hence not really an aggressor to begin with but we get it you just hate Carol what else is new???
    Hm. Seems like a rational argument. I'm gonna step away, nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Miles himself believed he might kill Steve Rogers because Miles thought he was a son of a gun, like father and uncle. So I wouldn't be putting to much hate on Carol if the kid himself doubted his own credibility.
    I will admit there's some truth and reason to the hate people have for Carol because of civil war ii and what she does and I've seen it debated endlessly on these threads and many others... But I'll be honest and I say this not just because I'm a fan of the character but because it feels obvious to me that most of these people just don't like Carol Danvers and want her character fail and probably because it's popular to hate on her now.....

Although that is probably my paranoia kicking in and getting conspiratorial lol.... I'd like to think that some most of these posters don't necessarily want to see the character Carol Danvers to fail but I don't know it just feels like it given some of the responses people give on these threads like yes there's reason logical reason and truth to why people hate or don't like what her character has done in relation to the events of civil war ii... But I don't know It feels though at times just some people just despise the character and just want to see the character fail and disappear and it's sad..... But again that's probably just me becoming paranoid.

I feel like the ending was changed and the last few pages of were a commentary of Trump winning the election and the current executive powers the President has. It felt a little bit too in your face. Also didn't understand the relevance to the rest of the story. Just felt like he inserted that at the end cause he felt like it

Pro mutant legislation lol

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I feel like the ending was changed and the last few pages of were a commentary of Trump winning the election and the current executive powers the President has. It felt a little bit too in your face. Also didn't understand the relevance to the rest of the story. Just felt like he inserted that at the end cause he felt like it

Pro mutant legislation lol
    Well, this is the same comic book company that had George W. Bush's last act as President in the Marvel Universe be appointing Norman Osborn as the new top cop...

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    It was tacked on and inserted because Carol was being seen as a Fascist by the fans, so they had to try and salvage the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    "Incredible Grace"

"¡¡¡Incredible Grace!!!"
    In that top right hand panel, with Carol facing POTUS, you see three screens labelled:

21:00. 18:00. 13:00
    SWORD. SHIELD. POTUS

Can anyone tell me what that means?

Although that is probably my paranoia kicking in and getting conspiratorial lol.... I'd like to think that some most of these posters don't necessarily want to see the character Carol Danvers to fail but I don't know it just feels like it given some of the responses people give on these threads like yes there's reason logical reason and truth to why people hate or don't like what her character has done in relation to the events of civil war ii... But I don't know It feels though at times just some people just despise the character and just want to see the character fail and disappear and it's sad..... But again that's probably just me becoming paranoid.

Carol arrested people who did not commit a crime. She arrested them because an Inhuman could "see the future" and share his visions with everyone. When shown proof that the Inhuman's visions were not 100% factual or prophetic, Carol continued on, confronting hero, after hero, after hero. Her actions lead to the death of Rhodey, the mangling of She-Hulk, the murder of Banner and the near murder of Tony. She caused all of this by not sitting down and looking at the situation logically or reasonably. She shoved her opinion and her belief on everyone. Her hands are stained red with the blood of her friends because of her selfish, pigheaded idiocy.

I love Carol as a character but this entire event was one giant assassination attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    In that top right hand panel, with Carol facing POTUS, you see three screens labelled:

21:00. 18:00. 13:00
    SWORD. SHIELD. POTUS

Can anyone tell me what that means?

That is military time for each location. So SWORD's HQ's local time is 9PM. SHIELD's HQ's is 6 PM. POTUS (President of the United States)'s local time is 1 PM.

EDIT: Interesting. So we can assume POTUS is in DC, which is the Eastern Time Zone. To be 5 hours later would mean... SHIELD is located out in the same time zone as the UK, Portugal and eastern Africa... SWORD doesn't really matter, since it is just a Space Station.

EDIT 2: Since they are in the Situation Room, the times could be indicative of a mission that is on going, which is why SHIELD's time would be synchronized to wherever the mission is at.
    Last edited by RobinFan4880; 12-29-2016 at 07:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

SWORD still exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    SWORD still exist?
    It must exist, again. Maybe the new POTUS re-established it.